Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Leon is gone

54,317 Views | 258 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by West Point Aggie
coldmoose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
merch said:

Relax. He is doing the right thing. Good on him.

Yes he already knew Sumlin was gone and he didn't open his recruitment the did he? No.

It isn't about Sumlin, he wants to make sure Fisher wants him and has a plan for him. Shoot Fisher probably didn't offer because he didn't think he could pull him away from Texas.

Smart move by him. I don't know why people think he is gone. After he talks to Jimbo he could very well still be an Aggie.
Exactly. He has to do what he feels is best for him.
We will see if that aligns with the new staff and with him.

Either way, I wish him well.
Right Rigger
Well bye.
dixichkn
AG
Looch and Brauninger have been calling this one for weeks. No big surprise. Just as long as he gives Jimbo and staff a fair shot
Phoenix1
WestGalvestonAggie

His decision was stagger as soon as Sumlin was fired. Bringing in Jumbo did nothing to unstagger him it doesn't seem.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Maybe he thinks this guy - Israel Mukuamu - is coming with Jimbo since he decommitted from FSU a couple of days ago (11/29).
Heisenberg01
AG
To be honest, I'm tired of slow safeties. Need guys under 4.6, not guys who can't rundown fullbacks.
Craigy
Leon is OK he will be back. I know this because he just liked my tweet. Keep it classy
mcag83
AG
The kids are alright.
MaxPower
Isn't he looking at tu? What I don't get is the sips have 5-6 blue chip secondary guys already.
cr
Captn_Ag05 said:

This is a 17-18 year old making a decision that will impact the rest of his life. It is totally reasonable and understandable to have mixed feelings particularly if it is a coach you haven't had much interaction with. His statement was well thought out. Seems like a good kid.

Here is to hoping he ends up back with the good guys.

I don't really think it affects the rest of his life. If he's NFL material, he'll get scouted and drafted. If not, it doesn't make a hill of beans if he goes to AM or another P5 school.
sportsfreak1975
Exactly
dBoy99
AG
Maybe he should kneel in protest of Jimbo's hire...
TCSD84
Derrick tucker says hi.
rocky the dog
AG
If he choses to follow Sumlin to his next gig, good bye and good luck with that. If Jimbo makes us competitive where Sumlin failed, it's his loss. We'll be fine.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
To me, being committed at a college program shouldn't be different than being employed at a company. When you decide to look elsewhere, wait until you have an idea where you want to go before you announce that you're quitting.

I understand there are recruiting rules that makes this an imperfect analogy, but this kid could have easily waited for the coaching staff hires to be made before making this decision. Why take a risk that isn't warranted?
MetoliusAg
HSFootballAg24 said:

A safety who was our highest rated commit. That's who.
Decommitted but still open to playing at A&M does not = "gone".
Tom Hagen
AG
Get to the back of the line, Leon. Would rather see us recruit defense from the Deep South.
TexanJeff
AG
Maybe we need to make a movie about his recruitment and release it on TexAgs
Onionman
HSFootballAg24 said:

A safety who was our highest rated commit. That's who.
Well you guaranteed me that Bama would win the SEC this year when I claimed they would not.

So not too worried...anyway we got Jimbo....he will bring in some new guys.
Know Your Enemy
AG
TexasAggiesWin
S
Maybe he will commit to Oregon with Sumlin?
W
AG
Malik 2.0

high school kid that thinks the university should do what he wants
BVAg85
AG
Maybe we should start tweeting all of our commits. I'm sure nothing could go wrong.
marble rye
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

"but I do not stand 100% with the coaching change as of now", he said.

And nobody gives a chit, kid.

The ever elusive Daylon/Malik decommit combo.
Threadbare
Can't blame him.

This is one of the most important decisions of his young life, and now he doesn't know for sure one guy that he'll be playing for, other than a new head coach he's never met (I assume). He probably really liked Sumlin, too, and it was a blow to see him fired.

Hopefully, he gets brought back into the fold.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Bifferton Bobber Squat said:

To me, being committed at a college program shouldn't be different than being employed at a company. When you decide to look elsewhere, wait until you have an idea where you want to go before you announce that you're quitting.

I understand there are recruiting rules that makes this an imperfect analogy, but this kid could have easily waited for the coaching staff hires to be made before making this decision. Why take a risk that isn't warranted?

It's infitintely harder for a recruit to visit another school without the "boss" knowing than it would be for people in the corporate world to interview somewhere else.
TexasAggiesWin
S
What is interesting is why a recruit would decommit from a team with a coach who has a won a national championship before figuring out if he is wanted or not?

Oh well, it's all about the followers on Twitter with some recruits
Onionman
Threadbare said:

Can't blame him.

This is one of the most important decisions...

Seems overly dramatic when people say this is one of the most important decisions...

I mean I love A&M and glad I graduated from A&M but I am sure I would have been just fine going to another top school (in fact I did go to another top school for my mba and loved it there too.)

Amazing Moves
Look at all of the pro bowl caliber DB's Jimbo has playing in the NFL. Good luck, kid.

Jalen Ramsey
Xavier Rhodes
Lamarcus Joyner
Telvin Smith
Ronald Darby

and soon to be 1st round pick Derwin James.

Hey but, you do you.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Bifferton Bobber Squat said:

It's infitintely harder for a recruit to visit another school without the "boss" knowing than it would be for people in the corporate world to interview somewhere else.

That's what I meant by what I said in my second paragraph. To your point though, it's December 1, not February 1. Sit back, you've got a spot, it's a good school, wait a bit and see how things unfold before you drop a spot.
twodognight
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Leon kneels during the national anthem.

Not that I want to see it, but you do know Coach Fisher has supported players' freedom to do that?
Threadbare
Onionman said:

Threadbare said:

Can't blame him.

This is one of the most important decisions...

Seems overly dramatic when people say this is one of the most important decisions...

I mean I love A&M and glad I graduated from A&M but I am sure I would have been just fine going to another top school (in fact I did go to another top school for my mba and loved it there too.)

You left out my qualifier "of his young life." To him, there's probably never been a bigger one...
Threadbare
twodognight said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Leon kneels during the national anthem.

Not that I want to see it, but you do know Coach Fisher has supported players' freedom to do that?
He might as well. Some battles you're just not going to win. He was probably also aware that it will never be an issue for him, since the teams stay in the locker room for the anthem.
Agsttt
You commit to a school, NOT a coach........ever. Any kid who doesn't get that is severely lacking even the most basic cognitive skills.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.