Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

JFF & Browns

9,280 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Claud
Claud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So tired of reading how JFF is not an answer for Texans or any nfl team. Sure, he needs to turn his life around and grow the F up. And that is a big if

But let this simple stat sink in to all those that think he can't play in the NFL.

Browns last 2 seasons:
With JFF starting Browns were 2-4 (JFF came close to beating playoff team KC on the road in his last game shortly before KC destroyed Hoyer/Texans in playoffs)

With all other starters Browns are 1-16

Potcake
AG
Hi Johnny, hope you're doing well.
pv
Good point. If he could get himself together he can play.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Isn't he like 160lbs now?

If he really wanted back in he'd need to get in shape... he'd need an agent since the last 2 or 3 dropped him.

He'd probably have to go through Canada or arena to get back, & that's still a long shot

Windy City Ag
AG
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I met him at the airport about two weeks ago, he seemed sober, was extremely nice, and looked much bigger than the party photos we have seen. He is shorter than I thought but had a hell of firm handshake. His ankles looked strong and he did not have Subway.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Ok; so you are saying they would be 4-20; got it
oysterbayAG
AG
It was bad luck that Johnny got drafted by the Browns . If he was drafted by a strong team , I think things would have turned out much better. If you watch all his games played last year, it is crystal clear that he has the ability to be an NFL starter. The only remaining question is : Does he want to do it ? I say yes !
Claud
TXAGBQ76 said:

Ok; so you are saying they would be 4-20; got it
Nope, math not your strong point?

Extrapolate and you get about 8-15 overall.

The difference is pretty significant on such a terrible team.
Claud
BR0 said:

Is this a joke? The kid is a coke addict and completely out of shape. His NFL days are finished. At this point we should just pray he stays alive.
A coke addict...Are you hanging out with him right now?
SommAg
AG
That joke went waaay over your head
You must not be high enough
allMondjoy
Browns are on their 6 starting QB so far this season. Offensive line is a joke. Johnny may have self destructed to get out of there.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Nah, can't extrapolate these things. I personally am not convinced he would meet that record.

I'm not convinced he wants it that bad; there is really no evidence of that. I would love to see it, but it seems he has other things to worry about before football gets top priority.
Claud
TXAGBQ76 said:

Nah, can't extrapolate these things. I personally am not convinced he would meet that record.

I'm not convinced he wants it that bad; there is really no evidence of that. I would love to see it, but it seems he has other things to worry about before football gets top priority.
Well you don't need to extrapolate to see that 2-4 is better than 1-16.

But otherwise I agree with you. The talent is there to play in the nfl but JFF must get his life in order first.
Kemo Sabe
The NFL produces some of the boringest **** on the planet. Richard Simmons couldn't be any worse than the crap some of the teams trot out there at the QB position. It is a damn near unwatchable product.
FCBlitz
JFF does not want to play football. He is done. Let it go.......you will be so much better of if you do.
Aggielandma12
AG
I bet he weighs 185 lbs right now.
InMyOpinion
Claud said:

So tired of reading how JFF is not an answer for Texans or any nfl team.

If your still reading anything on Johnny you just need to move on.
Citizen Reign
Franklin Delano Bluth said:

Isn't he like 160lbs now?

If he really wanted back in he'd need to get in shape... he'd need an agent since the last 2 or 3 dropped him.

He'd probably have to go through Canada or arena to get back, & that's still a long shot

Hyperbole much?

He is 22-23 years old. He may be down to 185-190 but at his age, added 10-20 of muscle would take two to three months. When you have already weighed 205, it's much less difficult to get back to that then it was to get there the first time.

That being said, nothing points to him making a comeback.
Yell Practice
Johnny is Finhed in the NFL. No Comeback, IMO.
Yell Practice
Johnny is FINISHED.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Talent was never the issue with Johnny. If he just simply didn't snort coke, chug vodka for his daily diet, and burn rental houses down he would probably still be with them. HIndsight is 2020 though and he clearly did not have head on straight.
Agsuffering@bulaw
A decent NFL team would be crazy not to sign him to a very heavy incentive contract. Pay him base salary with bonuses if he makes the traveling squad, bonuses if he gets on the field.

At the same time, require random drug testing. Require him to get up to a certain weight and muscle density. Require a certain amount of time in the gym. Give the club the right to waive him at the drop of a hat if he failed to meet any of the requirements.

IF JFF is hungry enough, he would make it work. If not, then the club would be out very little.

I say it would be a great bet. JFF's brain processes football like a new Pentium. That is the X factor. TK lacks it. Most of these spread QBs coming out now lack it.
GinMan
AG
phatbeast
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

A decent NFL team would be crazy not to sign him to a very heavy incentive contract. Pay him base salary with bonuses if he makes the traveling squad, bonuses if he gets on the field.

At the same time, require random drug testing. Require him to get up to a certain weight and muscle density. Require a certain amount of time in the gym. Give the club the right to waive him at the drop of a hat if he failed to meet any of the requirements.

IF JFF is hungry enough, he would make it work. If not, then the club would be out very little.

I say it would be a great bet. JFF's brain processes football like a new Pentium. That is the X factor. TK lacks it. Most of these spread QBs coming out now lack it.

"Pentium is a brand used for a series of x86-compatible microprocessors produced by Intel since 1993. In its current form, Pentium processors are considered entry-level products that Intel rates as "two stars",[1] meaning that they are above the low-end Atom and Celeron series but below the faster Core i3, i5 and i7 lines as well as the high-end Xeon processors."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium
Wildcat
AG
Didn't read thread:

1) JFF could have been a choir boy and not made it as an NFL QB. He's not built like the prototypes. There were lot's of questions about whether his skill set translated to the pro game.

2) JFF could have been the chimeric offspring of John Elway, Dan Marino, and Joe Montana and not been successful for the flush it down Browns.

3) JFF's issues did him no favors, but it was easy to predict failure for a QB with questionable NFL tools playing for the worst run team in the league.
libertyag
AG
The Browns suck, we get that. As a pro, and as a person, JFF sucks as well. He likely would have failed even if the Patriots had drafted him. It might have taken longer for his issues to show up had he been on their sideline holding a clipboard.

He isn't the first QB to have won the Heisman and been a disaster in the NFL and I don't think most of the others had anywhere near the drug or other problems he has. He is done.
YankeeAg05
Perhaps one reason the Browns are terrible is they miss on first round draft picks, including wasting a pick on a QB that is out of the league two years later. Johnny showed he can play but let's not pretend he didn't also play a role in their current position.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I hope he was better than a Pentium processor; that analogy is like saying he was as fast as a man on crutches.

He always seemed to see more of the field than the typical QB did. It seemed as though his peripheral vision was much wider than most people.

In addition; he seemed able to process what he say extremely fast and execute on what he saw extremely fast- faster than his peers.
WHOOP!'91
AG
Think anyone would notice our QB next year was "Ron McKelvey Weaver" if JFF wore a mustache or something?
TXAggie2011
AG
This thread again...

They have lost plenty of games when another quarterback played better than Johnny did in victory. Hell, they lost Johnny's arguably best game as a quarterback.

I understand QBs are to be judged by the win-loss record but it turns out that isn't a sure-fire indicator of QB performance. Whodathunkit?

TXAggie2011
AG
Look, they're 1-6 in game Johnny threw more than 15 passes. That's not so hot.

Why in the world would you keep around that ****-show (deserved or not) to be, at best, marginally less crappy on the field?
Claud
TXAggie2011 said:

This thread again...

They have lost plenty of games when another quarterback played better than Johnny did in victory. Hell, they lost Johnny's arguably best game as a quarterback.

I understand QBs are to be judged by the win-loss record but it turns out that isn't a sure-fire indicator of QB performance. Whodathunkit?
Yeah, the win/loss records are completely random and mean nothing. Even someone off the street could win 2 out of 6 games for the Browns.

Johnny had nothing to do with the wins and close losses.

LihaiAg06
AG
Browns couldn't handle him.
marble rye
AG
The whole organization sucks. No drafted player should have to play there.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.