Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

JFF & Browns

9,323 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Claud
Claud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Edit: Nevermind...TXAggie2011 has it all figured out. Records are completely meaningless. 2-4 versus 1-16 is a total aberration. Means absolutely nothing.
Claud
TXAggie2011 said:

Look, they're 1-6 in game Johnny threw more than 15 passes. That's not so hot.

Why in the world would you keep around that ****-show (deserved or not) to be, at best, marginally less crappy on the field?
I don't care if Tom Brady would have played on the Browns. They are still not doing much better than 2-4.

JFF only started 6 games the last 2 seasons so not sure how you got a record of 1-6. But maybe you are including his first year when he definitely shouldn't have been playing. The offense wasn't even built for him at that point either.

What was the Cowboys record when Romo was new to the league? How well did Peyton do early in his career? Obviously, JFF has other issues to deal with but you acting like he doesn't have the talent to play in nfl is just ridiculous.

TXAggie2011
AG
Really hit a nerve I see, and I didn't even say wins and losses were meaningless...

Claud
TXAggie2011 said:

Really hit a nerve I see, and I didn't even say wins and losses were meaningless...

Sorry, didn't mean to get you so upset.

What is on your fingers?
Claud
TXAggie2011 said:

Then you agree that 2-4 is much better than 1-16.

Great!
TXAggie2011
AG

Quote:

I don't care if Tom Brady would have played on the Browns. They are still not doing much better than 2-4.
That cuts both ways and one way doesn't help your argument as you're separating the quarterback quality from the record.

Quote:

JFF only started 6 games the last 2 seasons so not sure how you got a record of 1-6. But maybe you are including his first year when he definitely shouldn't have been playing. The offense wasn't even built for him at that point either.
They're 1-6 in games he threw more than 15 passes. Where do you think I'm getting 1-6?

And only 1 of those games was in his first season. He was 1-5 when throwing more than 15 pases in year 2.

Quote:

What was the Cowboys record when Romo was new to the league? How well did Peyton do early in his career? Obviously, JFF has other issues to deal with but you acting like he doesn't have the talent to play in nfl is just ridiculous.
Peyton was 3-13 and then 13-3 in his first two seasons, for a total 16-16 record. Romo was 6-4 and then also 13-3 in his first two seasons playing.

They really the best examples you have?
TXAggie2011
AG
Claud said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Then you agree that 2-4 is much better than 1-16.

Great!
We're done here.
oysterbayAG
AG
Drew Brees is now 2/4
Claud
TXAggie2011 said:

Peyton was 3-13 and then 13-3 in his first two seasons, for a total 16-16 record. Romo was 6-4 and then also 13-3 in his first two seasons playing.

They really the best examples you have?
Sorry, I was rushing too quickly in my reply...I meant Aikman not Romo.

Since you are so enamored with passing over 15 times and JFF's record with that stat. What is the Browns record in the last 2 seasons when other starters besides JFF have over 15 passes?

Do you think it might be worse than 1-6? It is much worse than 1-6. Oh that is right, win/loss records mean nothing unless it works to make your point.

Citizen Reign
It doesn't matter, Johnny went off the deep end before he could develop. Very few QB's in the history of the game would have been done better in Cleveland over the past several years as a rookie. or even a second-year guy. No oline, no RB, No WR's, NO WAY.

He his finished unless he gets it together by next year.
Claud
Citizen Reign said:

It doesn't matter, Johnny went off the deep end before he could develop. Very few QB's in the history of the game would have been done better in Cleveland over the past several years as a rookie. or even a second-year guy. No oline, no RB, No WR's, NO WAY.

He his finished unless he gets it together by next year.
I agree. He needs to get his sh*t together right now. If he does, IMO he still has a good shot to come back otherwise he is done.

I think his 2-4 record versus 1-16 record is significant to show he can play. But I will also say that I think McCown played really well for the Browns in several games. But the Browns team/organization is so awful. There is a reason why so many young Qbs have died there.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.