Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Anybody Surprised?

6,579 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ScoutBanderaAg956
Rebbasser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not, and no knock on the team. Bama is the best team out there. ohio state may be able to run with them but I have my doubts.
gambochaman
AG
Im not

But doesnt make it hurt any less
Rebbasser
AG
gambochaman said:

Im not

True
terata
AG
No. I had hoped A&M would play better, though.
Roman Empire
AG
No surprise whatsoever. I knew we were fyucked if we couldn't keep their D out of the end zone.
jml2621
Nope.

Fire Sumlin and Mazzone.
Aggieair
Kinda what I expected before the game, but that 14-13 tease had me going for a while.
marble rye
AG
Nope.
Ag Tag
I'm very surprised. But then again, I'm told that I lack good judgment.
DoubleVision09
AG
Nope
Trident 88
AG
I had us scoring 1 more TD. Other than that, not at all.
Gateman
AG
Glad it wasn't 59-0
kyledr04
AG
No and still disappointed
FabricatorAg
Couldn't of been biggest win in school history, unlike most on these boards I didn't look past Bama to even speculate what out ranking would be. I knew it'd be tough to win today. It's not Bama players 1 through 22 that kill you its 23 through 45. Too deep, you have to perfect to beat them
MarathonAg03
AG
Anybody who wasn't expecting Alabama to win this game was being unreasonable.

I'm frustrated by our mistakes. But for he most part, I'm proud of the way our guys have played against clearly superior opposition.
PeekingDuck
AG
Closer than I thought, especially with all of the mistakes. They didn't quit - different than years past.
bigcat22
AG
Before today I thought we were the second best team in the SEC, that still hasn't changed.
curry97
AG
Not surprised.
GetThoseKeysMilo
I was surprised we were able to be at 14_13. It made the rest of the second half much more painful to watch. Down 20_14, we had a decent drive going, and then decided to go side-to-side again. Just awful.
aggieband 83
AG
Not surprised, still disappointed.
phatbc
gambochaman said:

Im not

this. being an Aggie is tough man. Wouldn't want to be anything else but just keep feeling like we should be getting more from our football team. Facilities, tradition, fan base are all there. We have some key pieces. But we keep holding ourselves back. Hopefully we win out and demonstrate some consistency. We should be a perennial better than 2 loss team. And no matter how much I prepare myself for it to happen, it still kills me.
geoag58
AG
We needed to play almost perfect. We didn't.
hph6203
AG
MichaelJ90 said:

Couldn't of been biggest win in school history, unlike most on these boards I didn't look past Bama to even speculate what out ranking would be. I knew it'd be tough to win today. It's not Bama players 1 through 22 that kill you its 23 through 45. Too deep, you have to perfect to beat them

It's both, starters were better than our starters by a pretty substantial margin.
OilManAg91
AG
We are good, but not good enough to play a relatively clean game on the road against the #1 team. Had them stopped on 3rd down. on their side of the field. But stupid hands to the face penalty gives them new life and it was all downhill from there. Ags had to play a clean game and they are just not capable of doing it. Penalties, stupid fumble for a TD and missed tackles cost us the game. We were playing even with them, so we are good enough to hang with Bama. But they just waited for us to implode...and we did.
Ag4coal
Exactly what I thought. We're a top 10 team, but not even close to the top 4. That how pretty much every year of college football goes. There are 2-4 giants, 8-12 good teams, then the field
Celee04
AG
OilManAg91 said:

We are good, but not good enough to play a relatively clean game on the road against the #1 team. Had them stopped on 3rd down. on their side of the field. But stupid hands to the face penalty gives them new life and it was all downhill from there. Ags had to play a clean game and they are just not capable of doing it. Penalties, stupid fumble for a TD and missed tackles cost us the game. We were playing even with them, so we are good enough to hang with Bama. But they just waited for us to implode...and we did.

This.
FJB
AG
Stellar play calling...check
Refs jobbing us...check
Announcers slobbering on each other...check
Mental gaffes on boyh sides of the ball...check
Loss depsite leading...check

Not surprised
Signel
AG
Actually, I am. I expected it to be far worse. If we hadn't made so many mistakes, it could have been much closer. They are the better team, but we are not average. We are good enough to beat a lot of good teams.
ABATTBQ11
AG
No. We are what we've been.
Post removed:
by user
_mpaul
AG
OilManAg91 said:

That's why there are so good . . . they don't make those stupid mistakes. Evans goes for a big hit and whiffs when a solid tackle probably forces a punt. The personal foul later in the same drive. D. Wilson unnecessarily getting thrown out of the game on a block that didn't matter.

Bad decisions and bad risk management. Until our guys figure out that you can't make those stupid mistakes, we're not going to be teams like Bama, OSU or Washington.
Eric Forman
AG
Can't help but laugh at the thought that upending the coaching staff is the quick fix answer to getting an SEC West Championship. Its not. Our team plays in the hardest division there is in CFB.... Bama has history on its side and can choo choo that recruit train every year. We're just a few years in to being out from under the burnt orange demon's shadow and have a bit of ground to make up before we're going to challenge for that title. We need depth. We need it every year. Upending our coaching staff is the knee jerk reaction. IMHO, Sumlin is doing fine. Perhaps the OC, sure... but as the guy handling the overall operations of our program, Sumlin is getting it done. Its really obvious he is always making adjustments to put this school in a position to succeed. It hasn't been immediate, but its actually observable. A loss to this Bama team doesn't at all warrant talks of kicking him to the curb. That's absurd.
hillcountryag86
AG
gambochaman said:

Im not

Sock Puppet
game pivoted on three or four plays....

erase them and we win or lose a close one. Bama is the best.
RGLAG85
AG
UncoverAg00 said:

Can't help but laugh at the thought that upending the coaching staff is the quick fix answer to getting an SEC West Championship. Its not. Our team plays in the hardest division there is in CFB.... Bama has history on its side and can choo choo that recruit train every year. We're just a few years in to being out from under the burnt orange demon's shadow and have a bit of ground to make up before we're going to challenge for that title. We need depth. We need it every year. Upending our coaching staff is the knee jerk reaction. IMHO, Sumlin is doing fine. Perhaps the OC, sure... but as the guy handling the overall operations of our program, Sumlin is getting it done. Its really obvious he is always making adjustments to put this school in a position to succeed. It hasn't been immediate, but its actually observable. A loss to this Bama team doesn't at all warrant talks of kicking him to the curb. That's absurd.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.