Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Anybody Surprised?

6,584 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ScoutBanderaAg956
Rebbasser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UncoverAg00 said:

Can't help but laugh at the thought that upending the coaching staff is the quick fix answer to getting an SEC West Championship. Its not. Our team plays in the hardest division there is in CFB.... Bama has history on its side and can choo choo that recruit train every year. We're just a few years in to being out from under the burnt orange demon's shadow and have a bit of ground to make up before we're going to challenge for that title. We need depth. We need it every year. Upending our coaching staff is the knee jerk reaction. IMHO, Sumlin is doing fine. Perhaps the OC, sure... but as the guy handling the overall operations of our program, Sumlin is getting it done. Its really obvious he is always making adjustments to put this school in a position to succeed. It hasn't been immediate, but its actually observable. A loss to this Bama team doesn't at all warrant talks of kicking him to the curb. That's absurd.

Good Analysis
Agsgirl
Mazzone is going to need another year of coaching in the SEC to get that PAC 12 offense out of his system.
MatthewRothell
MatthewRothell
1208HawkTree
AG
Aggieair said:

Kinda what I expected before the game, but that 14-13 tease had me going for a while.

And a simple handoff to setup a punt stuck it right in the back yard.
Agsgirl
OilManAg91 said:

We are good, but not good enough to play a relatively clean game on the road against the #1 team. Had them stopped on 3rd down. on their side of the field. But stupid hands to the face penalty gives them new life and it was all downhill from there. Ags had to play a clean game and they are just not capable of doing it. Penalties, stupid fumble for a TD and missed tackles cost us the game. We were playing even with them, so we are good enough to hang with Bama. But they just waited for us to implode...and we did.
Yep...also incredibly poor offensive play calling didn't put us in good positions either. I will add that I'm sure it was hard for Trevor to get off a decent pass when his OL is turned around toward him chasing the DL who were drawing a bead on #8.
Meximan
gambochaman said:

Im not

But doesnt make it hurt any less
+1
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
Surprised we didn't have a better game plan.

Not suprised at the outcome of the game.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.