Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Predict Football Season --

10,795 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jml2621
2thFixinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
7-5 or 6-6.

The difference being the UCLA game. The homer in me wants to say we beat them because of the heat being a factor. But my belief in Sumlin is so crappy right now that pushes me the other way. So I just don't know.
Herknav
AG
//Monkey off the back, beat the living he'll out of lsu by 30 and hillbilly Bama by 6.just my thoughts.//Herknav sends
Habanero Guero
AG
6-6 Sumlin is gone after we lose @SC
AgsWin08
Looks like a lot of you are just guessing without doing any homework. For example, how many upperclassmen are on the opposing rosters. Sr. leadership means a lot, aka 2012 team. This year, what is really hurting us (assumption) is the questions of the O Line. The LB will work out as there is more depth.

Aggies: 7 on O and 8 on D

Ex. UCLA: 7 Jr./ Sr. on Offense. Only 4 on Defense. - Win for Aggies

Tennessse: 9 on offense, 10 on D - This is why they are E Div. favorites. Loss, they have too many weapons, our O struggles to get it going.

S. Carolina: 6 and 8. Win in Muschump's first year.

Alabama: 5 and 7 - although away,not a lot coming back. I say Ags shock on the road. Win.

Ole Miss: 6 and 9 - at home - Win that is overdue

Arky: 8 and 9 - game will be close again. Hogs have a lot of leadership, but their coach seems to loose focus late in the game. Close Win for Ags

MSU: 8 and 7 - Bulldogs keep it close for a half, maybe even 3 qtrs. Ags pull out close Win

LSU: 8 and 10 - LSU keeps our number. Their D too good for our O Line youth. Loss

A big predictor is seniority on the lines of scrimmage I feel. I realize one variable isn't much to go on statistically, but upperclassmen on the first string 2 deep translates to familiarity of scheme, more comfortable at visiting environments, increased size, strength, speed, maturity, etc.

4 OOC wins
4-1 in division
1-1 against east div.

Record: 11-2 losses to Tenn. and LSU

They were sippin' tea while we were fighting the War....
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Williams #5 RB I am predicting will be big for us
OldArmy91
AG
quote:
Looks like a lot of you are just guessing without doing any homework. For example, how many upperclassmen are on the opposing rosters. Sr. leadership means a lot, aka 2012 team. This year, what is really hurting us (assumption) is the questions of the O Line. The LB will work out as there is more depth.

Aggies: 7 on O and 8 on D

Ex. UCLA: 7 Jr./ Sr. on Offense. Only 4 on Defense. - Win for Aggies

Tennessse: 9 on offense, 10 on D - This is why they are E Div. favorites. Loss, they have too many weapons, our O struggles to get it going.

S. Carolina: 6 and 8. Win in Muschump's first year.

Alabama: 5 and 7 - although away,not a lot coming back. I say Ags shock on the road. Win.

Ole Miss: 6 and 9 - at home - Win that is overdue

Arky: 8 and 9 - game will be close again. Hogs have a lot of leadership, but their coach seems to loose focus late in the game. Close Win for Ags

MSU: 8 and 7 - Bulldogs keep it close for a half, maybe even 3 qtrs. Ags pull out close Win

LSU: 8 and 10 - LSU keeps our number. Their D too good for our O Line youth. Loss

A big predictor is seniority on the lines of scrimmage I feel. I realize one variable isn't much to go on statistically, but upperclassmen on the first string 2 deep translates to familiarity of scheme, more comfortable at visiting environments, increased size, strength, speed, maturity, etc.

4 OOC wins
4-1 in division
1-1 against east div.

Record: 11-2 losses to Tenn. and LSU

My homework is decades of experience. I wouldn't be too surprised if this team went 4-8, but I'd be more surprised if it went 8-4. Sumlin's lack of leadership is beginning to reveal itself. 4-8, 5-7, 6-6, 7-5, or even 8-4 with the 4 losses in the West, they are all the same result: UNACCEPTABLE.
Panama Red
AG

No offense, but saying you wouldn't be surprised if we only won only 4 games shows you to either be a complete moron or a terrible troll. Again, no offense meant by this. Just giving you a dose of reality to let you know how the world views you.

8-4 or 7-5 with an embarrassing loss is my guess.

Gilbert McGee
AG
We are going to beat Arkansas. Good god. They lost all of their star power.
phatbeast
AG
quote:
Somewhere between 0-12 to 15-0 but not sure.

Better hope we don't lose a game because of weather!
OldArmy91
AG
quote:

No offense, but saying you wouldn't be surprised if we only won only 4 games shows you to either be a complete moron or a terrible troll. Again, no offense meant by this. Just giving you a dose of reality to let you know how the world views you.

8-4 or 7-5 with an embarrassing loss is my guess.

Oh, of course not...no offense at all. And no offense to you, trolls don't have ag tags and only an idiot would think that somehow 7-5 finishing in the basement in the west is somehow a victory as compared to 5-7 or 4-8.

While I understand a lot of readers here have been beaten into believing mediocrity is success, I don't subscribe to that notion.

If you can't win 10 games in the west on a VERY consistent basis, you need a new coach. There is such a team and if you can't topple them, that makes you their *****. Enough of that, I want to win it all, no matter the cost. If you can't win it all with a $5M/year coach, then you may as well spend $100K/year on some no-name flunkie because you're getting the same results. I'm fresh out of koolaid boys and you may as well get used to it. I demand better and you should too.
vander54
S
I demand better. I demand better outlooks on the team. We made improvements at our two weakest spots last year. O-Line coach and OC and our SOS will not be near as hard at the end of the season as some have predicted.
TexanJeff
AG
quote:
15-0

It's not August yet!!
Panama Red
AG
quote:
only an idiot would think that somehow 7-5 finishing in the basement in the west is somehow a victory as compared to 5-7 or 4-8.

Respectfully, there is not a single person claiming 7-5 as a victory. Are you arguing with yourself or hallucinating?

Since you have an ag tag and say that means you aren't a troll, must be the other choice.
OldArmy91
AG
The CF that happened in December means it isn't going to take Nostradamus to figure this fall out. Respectfully, I was replying to an unnamed koolaid drinker.
vander54
S
quote:
The CF that happened in December means it isn't going to take Nostradamus to figure this fall out. Respectfully, I was replying to an unnamed koolaid drinker.

And why was there a CF? If you know 100% who or what caused it and have proof please share. From what I have seen and heard it was a combination of two coaches that are no longer here and at least one short baseball player trying to be a QB in the SEC that is no longer on the team.
OldArmy91
AG
quote:
quote:

And why was there a CF? If you know 100% who or what caused it and have proof please share. From what I have seen and heard it was a combination of two coaches that are no longer here and at least one short baseball player trying to be a QB in the SEC that is no longer on the team.
Who left first? The players or the coaches? May I recommend an optometrist?
hogfan14
quote:
We are going to beat Arkansas. Good god. They lost all of their star power.
Most of it. #1 in the NCAA in returning defensive production and #2 in the SEC in returning career receiver production (to A&M) though.

The OL and QB are question marks that will make or break their season
vander54
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

From what I know KA left because of KM and the writting was on the wall that Spav was gone. From what little I have heard it wasn't until Spav and DC were gone that things really started to get better and that KM leaving was probably one of the best things to happen to the team last year.
aggieaviator
AG
In Chavis I Trust
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

From what I know KA left because of KM and the writting was on the wall that Spav was gone. From what little I have heard it wasn't until Spav and DC were gone that things really started to get better and that KM leaving was probably one of the best things to happen to the team last year.

At the end of the day, Sumlin had three problems: two coaches over their heads and one entitled QB. He lost four people at the end of the season. So, they way I look at it, he traded one player for three problems. Then he went out got a serviceable QB, picked up a damn good OL coach, and also signed a serviceable OC. I bag in Sumlin a lot, but I think he handled the real problems and might come out looking pretty good through it all.

Still, he's got to win this year and win big. 9 wins before the bowl game and he has a real shot at a good run here. Less than that with the talent this year and he's done. Might not actually get fired, but he will he done either way.
RedlegAg21
15-0, expand stadium again to 150,000
SECTAMU#1
6 - 6
technoviking
AG
somewhere between 8-4 and 10-2
kid7979
10-2 with losses to Bama and Ole Miss
randy828
AG
quote:
15-0

P.C. Principal
What's with all the confidence we'll get a double digit number of wins?

I just haven't seen much of a reason to be optimistic. I don't feel great about Sumlin, our great recruiting seems like it will never pay off. UCLA is really a toss up. I don't feel good about Auburn on the road. Arkansas won't be great but they ALWAYS give us trouble. Got a bad draw getting Tennessee this year, after all their years of irrelevance. Bama and LSU are losses.

This year is hard to predict, but unfortunately I have to err on the side of a bad season. 6-6 or 7-5.
BigRed12
AG
quote:
I'll go w/ 9-3. Think we'll be better than expected, but that is a very hard schedule.

Should go 5-0 with:
PVA&M, @SC, NM St, @Miss St, UTSA

Like chances against: (3-1)
@Auburn, Ark, Ole Miss and LSU

Underdog against: (1-2)
Tenn, @Bama, UCLA
A&M is a -2 point favorite vs. UCLA ... just FYI
PeekingDuck
AG
8-4 with a win over UCLA, 7-5 without it! I think we probably beat them.
Matsui
AG
KA and KM relationship was best with Spav and not Sumlin.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
KA and KM relationship was best with Spav and not Sumlin.

And this boggles the mind because the 'offense' (and I use that term loosely) that Spav put out on the field was not conducive for team or QB success.

I guess I just don't understand the relationship between players and coaches and how the players couldn't see that the coach was in over his head.
terata
AG
7-5, maybe 6-6
AgsMyDude
AG
quote:

Wtf is a CF?
Saint Pablo
9-3 with losses to Alabama, LSU, and Ole Miss
ntxVol
quote:
quote:

Wtf is a CF?
noun
US vulgar slang
noun: c******-f***

a disastrously mishandled situation or undertaking.

Bunk Moreland
Just did an entire advanced analytic dive into not only the Ags season and schedule, but of everyone in the power 5 conferences, and here's my logical, unbiased conclusion on a rational view of the upcoming season:

1) vs. UCLA Win. Close for a while, then the Ags pull away (1-0)
2) vs. Prairie View Win. PV wins halftime though. (2-0)
3) @ Auburn Trevor Knight begins his Heisman campaign with a big road win. (3-0)
4) (n) vs. Arky Hard fought game that the Ags win with a late score under 4 to play. (4-0)
5) @ USCe Laugh at coach Boom while the Ags win by 24. (5-0)
6) vs. Tennessee - a top 15 matchup at the time, and finally Sumlin scores a big home win. (6-0)
7) @ Bama - Revenge on Saban and his 5 star defense. No Kirby, new RB, etc. Ags escape with a miracle finish. (7-0)
8) vs. NMSU Lol. Win (8-0)
9) @Miss St Lol. Win (9-0)
10) vs. Ole Miss Defend Kyle Field's Legacy reunion tour continues with a 21 point win vs. the Rebels. (10-0)
11) vs. UTSA Ags use this game to get plenty of rest with the upcoming short week. Closer than it needs to be, but 24-3 is still impressive. (11-0)
12) vs. LSU The game of the year. Both teams undefeated. A&M exercises the demons and beats LSU 21-13. Fournette held to 131 yards on 33 carries. (12-0)
13) SECCG vs. Tennessee - The rematch is difficult, but the Ags are up for the challenge again. (13-0)
14) Semifinal vs. Oklahoma - you know the committee will do it. With Cryler going to OU, Knight coming to A&M, all the ties between the 2 programsAgs make Baker Mayfield run for his life and roll 38-17. (14-0)
15) National Championship game vs. Michigan - Michigan has the easiest schedule all year and got a lucky draw against a Clemson team that had to play the semi-finals without Deshaun Watson who was injured in the ACC championship game. Michigan faces no such luck vs A&M, who wins the natty 27-20. (15-0)
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.