Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Predict Football Season --

10,741 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jml2621
AgsMyDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The CF that happened in December means it isn't going to take Nostradamus to figure this fall out. Respectfully, I was replying to an unnamed koolaid drinker.

Wtf is a CF?
noun
US vulgar slang
noun: c******-f***

a disastrously mishandled situation or undertaking.

calm down there, buckaroo
FriendlyAg
Ol Army 01
AG
In response to Bunk's Prognostication:

If it goes down like this I will donate $500 to the charity of your choice.

FriendlyAg
Hell, if it happens like Bunk said I will buy $500 worth of beer and donate it to the Texags Tailgate for all you dweebs to drink for free before games.
agregg07
AG
quote:
Just did an entire advanced analytic dive into not only the Ags season and schedule, but of everyone in the power 5 conferences, and here's my logical, unbiased conclusion on a rational view of the upcoming season:

1) vs. UCLA Win. Close for a while, then the Ags pull away (1-0)
2) vs. Prairie View Win. PV wins halftime though. (2-0)
3) @ Auburn Trevor Knight begins his Heisman campaign with a big road win. (3-0)
4) (n) vs. Arky Hard fought game that the Ags win with a late score under 4 to play. (4-0)
5) @ USCe Laugh at coach Boom while the Ags win by 24. (5-0)
6) vs. Tennessee - a top 15 matchup at the time, and finally Sumlin scores a big home win. (6-0)
7) @ Bama - Revenge on Saban and his 5 star defense. No Kirby, new RB, etc. Ags escape with a miracle finish. (7-0)
8) vs. NMSU Lol. Win (8-0)
9) @Miss St Lol. Win (9-0)
10) vs. Ole Miss Defend Kyle Field's Legacy reunion tour continues with a 21 point win vs. the Rebels. (10-0)
11) vs. UTSA Ags use this game to get plenty of rest with the upcoming short week. Closer than it needs to be, but 24-3 is still impressive. (11-0)
12) vs. LSU The game of the year. Both teams undefeated. A&M exercises the demons and beats LSU 21-13. Fournette held to 131 yards on 33 carries. (12-0)
13) SECCG vs. Tennessee - The rematch is difficult, but the Ags are up for the challenge again. (13-0)
14) Semifinal vs. Oklahoma - you know the committee will do it. With Cryler going to OU, Knight coming to A&M, all the ties between the 2 programsAgs make Baker Mayfield run for his life and roll 38-17. (14-0)
15) National Championship game vs. Michigan - Michigan has the easiest schedule all year and got a lucky draw against a Clemson team that had to play the semi-finals without Deshaun Watson who was injured in the ACC championship game. Michigan faces no such luck vs A&M, who wins the natty 27-20. (15-0)
If we wait until LSU to give the demons a good workout, we may end up losing that game.
vander54
S
quote:
quote:
The CF that happened in December means it isn't going to take Nostradamus to figure this fall out. Respectfully, I was replying to an unnamed koolaid drinker.

Wtf is a CF?

Chicken Fry
RVHorn
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And why was there a CF? If you know 100% who or what caused it and have proof please share. From what I have seen and heard it was a combination of two coaches that are no longer here and at least one short baseball player trying to be a QB in the SEC that is no longer on the team.
Who left first? The players or the coaches? May I recommend an optometrist?

From what I know KA left because of KM and the writting was on the wall that Spav was gone. From what little I have heard it wasn't until Spav and DC were gone that things really started to get better and that KM leaving was probably one of the best things to happen to the team last year.

At the end of the day, Sumlin had three problems: two coaches over their heads and one entitled QB. He lost four people at the end of the season. So, they way I look at it, he traded one player for three problems. Then he went out got a serviceable QB, picked up a damn good OL coach, and also signed a serviceable OC. I bag in Sumlin a lot, but I think he handled the real problems and might come out looking pretty good through it all.

Still, he's got to win this year and win big. 9 wins before the bowl game and he has a real shot at a good run here. Less than that with the talent this year and he's done. Might not actually get fired, but he will he done either way.
Interesting take. You start with "At the end of the day." What do you think about what Sumlin did or didn't do before reaching that point. Could Sumlin have mitigated the development of the three problems you name?

Asked respectfully.
RVHorn
quote:
Wtf is a CF?
Getting stomped by Iowa State.
Rocco S
So why is it Sumlin's fault two QBs transferred but it's the players fault when they leave tu? When Charlie has to kick players off, why is it Mack's fault? Why couldn't Charlie get them to buy into his core values?

Asked disrespectfully and **** you
Charlie 31
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wtf is a CF?

Getting stomped by Iowa State.
And, "Cute Face."
trm94
AG
6-6 ... New coach in 2017
RVHorn
quote:
So why is it Sumlin's fault two QBs transferred but it's the players fault when they leave tu? When Charlie has to kick players off, why is it Mack's fault? Why couldn't Charlie get them to buy into his core values?

Asked disrespectfully and **** you
Get a paper bag and breathe deeply into it until the hyperventilation passes, Rocco.

Not everything is about tu.
PJYoung
AG
7-5
OldArmy91
AG
quote:

I'll take that action for 100 grand.
C2 Ag 93
11-1 = 5% (Bama)
10-2 = 10% (Bama and one of Arkansas or Ole Miss)
9-3 = 55% (Bama, Arkansas, and one of Tenn, Ole Miss, or Auburn)
8-4 = 25% (Bama, Arkansas, and two of Tenn, Ole Miss, or Auburn)
7-5 = 5% (think this is really low, just can't see us losing all five)

The above of course is baring major injuries (i.e. Trevor Knight, Mack, Garrett, etc.).

I think we win UCLA. Not sure why some are thinking loss. Of course, we could lose it. But we should be favored at home against a team that is inconsistent. 8-5 last year with losses you wouldn't have expected them to lose if they were "on the rise" (NU, ASU - who we beat, WSU, a down USCw).

My feeling on Arkansas may be irrational. I haven't studied who they have coming back, etc. But simply, two lucky OT wins in two years and the fact they seem to simply be getting better each year with narrow losses makes me think law of averages gives it to them this year. I'm pretty sure they'll have this game "circled", Bielema knows it's a monkey he needs to get off his back.

Ole Miss is on the road and they have Kelly coming back. If Kelly wasn't coming back, I think we should be favored - Kelly just wills plays it seems.

To be honest, not entirely sure about Tennessee. Haven't drawn up the Xs and Os to see how we match up. But they do seem to be an improving team, with 4 narrow losses last year to good teams. My guess is we should be favored at home. (I know... queue the doomsayers about our home record recently, but I think Chavis has our D going in the right direction and we won't have QB drama with Knight, by all accounts).

I think Auburn has a little more skiddishness in it. Will be a good team, but not quite sure they're better than an Arkansas, Tenn or Ole Miss this year. I like our chances better since we play them early in the season. They will have played Clemson at home (at Auburn) and we will have played UCLA at home. So both of us will be tested. But I think Sumlin has proven he can get players ready to play on the road and I like our players for it. It won't be easy, just am favoring us at this WAY early point.

If pinned down, I'd say 9-3 with losses to Bama, Arkansas, and Ole Miss. Likely win the bowl, but who the hell knows until you know who you're playing...
C2 Ag 93
quote:
quote:
I'll go w/ 9-3. Think we'll be better than expected, but that is a very hard schedule.

Should go 5-0 with:
PVA&M, @SC, NM St, @Miss St, UTSA

Like chances against: (3-1)
@Auburn, Ark, Ole Miss and LSU

Underdog against: (1-2)8
Tenn, @Bama, UCLA

Swap Tennessee for Ole Miss and LSU for UCLA.
I'm closer to this, except I really like our chances vs UCLA. Not sure why some are counting it as a loss. They weren't bad last year, but they were inconsistent. Lost to ASU, who we beat, and to some other teams that you think they should if they were really on the rise. I really like our chances at home with them, with a year under Chavis's belt, stable QB, and the OC from UCLA. Won't be easy, but I wouldn't be shocked to see us favored by 10-12.

Three losses are Bama, Ark, and Ole Miss likely in my mind. Gut (plus a little logic) just says Ark finally gets the monkey off their back, just as we do with LSU. Tennessee is good, no doubt. Can't argue at all they're on the rise. But I think we fix problems we had last year (namely QB) and like our chances at home. That will be a bigger game than maybe most are realizing right now.

I hear the point someone else made on Bama losing a lot this year (thus we pull it out), but it's been proven over and over that Saban knows how to recruit and coach. Will always count us as underdog until we start beating them at least 50% of the time.
Capt. America
AG
9-3
MaroonStain
AG
9-3, beat LSU, win the bowl game for a 10-3 finish to stave off the nancies for a few months.
2thFixinAg
quote:
11-1 = 5% (Bama)
10-2 = 10% (Bama and one of Arkansas or Ole Miss)
9-3 = 55% (Bama, Arkansas, and one of Tenn, Ole Miss, or Auburn)
8-4 = 25% (Bama, Arkansas, and two of Tenn, Ole Miss, or Auburn)
7-5 = 5% (think this is really low, just can't see us losing all five)

The above of course is baring major injuries (i.e. Trevor Knight, Mack, Garrett, etc.).

I think we win UCLA. Not sure why some are thinking loss. Of course, we could lose it. But we should be favored at home against a team that is inconsistent. 8-5 last year with losses you wouldn't have expected them to lose if they were "on the rise" (NU, ASU - who we beat, WSU, a down USCw).

My feeling on Arkansas may be irrational. I haven't studied who they have coming back, etc. But simply, two lucky OT wins in two years and the fact they seem to simply be getting better each year with narrow losses makes me think law of averages gives it to them this year. I'm pretty sure they'll have this game "circled", Bielema knows it's a monkey he needs to get off his back.

Ole Miss is on the road and they have Kelly coming back. If Kelly wasn't coming back, I think we should be favored - Kelly just wills plays it seems.

To be honest, not entirely sure about Tennessee. Haven't drawn up the Xs and Os to see how we match up. But they do seem to be an improving team, with 4 narrow losses last year to good teams. My guess is we should be favored at home. (I know... queue the doomsayers about our home record recently, but I think Chavis has our D going in the right direction and we won't have QB drama with Knight, by all accounts).

I think Auburn has a little more skiddishness in it. Will be a good team, but not quite sure they're better than an Arkansas, Tenn or Ole Miss this year. I like our chances better since we play them early in the season. They will have played Clemson at home (at Auburn) and we will have played UCLA at home. So both of us will be tested. But I think Sumlin has proven he can get players ready to play on the road and I like our players for it. It won't be easy, just am favoring us at this WAY early point.

If pinned down, I'd say 9-3 with losses to Bama, Arkansas, and Ole Miss. Likely win the bowl, but who the hell knows until you know who you're playing...
LSU?
MatthewRothell
AG
Half way
MatthewRothell
AG
Dad-O-Lot said:

9 / 3

Losses to Auburn, Arkansas, and Mississippi State. We shock the world and beat Alabama and LSU.

Oh, and Trump wins in November and is impeached within a year resulting in President Mike Pence. (while we're making wild-ast predictions)

Already wrong
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Love these. OldArmy91 doesn't know his ass from his elbow.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Looks like we ended up about where most people expected.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And why was there a CF? If you know 100% who or what caused it and have proof please share. From what I have seen and heard it was a combination of two coaches that are no longer here and at least one short baseball player trying to be a QB in the SEC that is no longer on the team.

From what I know KA left because of KM and the writting was on the wall that Spav was gone. From what little I have heard it wasn't until Spav and DC were gone that things really started to get better and that KM leaving was probably one of the best things to happen to the team last year.

At the end of the day, Sumlin had three problems: two coaches over their heads and one entitled QB. He lost four people at the end of the season. So, they way I look at it, he traded one player for three problems. Then he went out got a serviceable QB, picked up a damn good OL coach, and also signed a serviceable OC. I bag in Sumlin a lot, but I think he handled the real problems and might come out looking pretty good through it all.

Still, he's got to win this year and win big. 9 wins before the bowl game and he has a real shot at a good run here. Less than that with the talent this year and he's done. Might not actually get fired, but he will he done either way.

This guy has it figured out...
Lateralus Ag
AG
OldArmy91 said:

Quote:

I'll take that action for 100 grand.

100 grand what?
jml2621
Lateralus Ag said:

Lateralus Ag said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This guy has it figured out...
Only if Sumlin is fired boarding the bus.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.