Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Hugh Freeze said what....

15,270 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by got1forya
class12of
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Guys, it's ok. They didn't mean to pay people money and give people cars...................
quote:
"The first thing I would say is that I own it," Freeze told ESPN.com's Chris Low before this week's SEC spring meetings in Florida. "That's part of it when you're the head coach. You take the good with the bad. But there's a big difference between making mistakes in recruiting and going out there with the intent to cheat."

"Have we made mistakes in recruiting?" Freeze said. "Yes, and we've taken steps to make sure we don't make those same mistakes again. But to say me or anybody on my staff is out there cheating to gain advantage just isn't true."

https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi/hugh-freeze-i-own-ncaa-troubles-but-ole-miss-didnt-knowingly-cheat
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I was just cleaning it and it went off!
Bob Dobalina
So is he admitting Ole Miss broke NCAA rules?
The Collective
AG
lol. This guy is such a fraud. I wish he would stop proclaiming his faith.
The Collective
AG
quote:
So is he admitting Ole Miss broke NCAA rules?

Yes. Did you miss the news?
FtBendTxAg
AG
Major fraud.
Sex Panther
AG
I half expect Freeze to say, "well at least we aren't raping anyone... praise Jesus"
FtBendTxAg
AG
He doesn't seem like a terrible human, but the unscrupulous and fraudulent manor in which the fortunes of ole miss have changed is sickening. And the reason I dislike him.
Rocco S
Really tired of coaches acting like the lines of what's cheating and what's not are so blurry
Bob Dobalina
quote:

Yes. Did you miss the news?

I knew they got caught but I didn't realize he was actually admitting to anything at least publicly.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:

That's what she said
Bird Poo
AG
These coaches wrapping themselves in Christian veils proclaiming to be molders of men are simply discusting. Briles, Freeze, etc., are no better than Benny Hinn frauds except they know a playbook instead of the bible.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:

If god exists, I doubt he cares whether college football coaches are secretly funneling money to players during the recruiting process.
agforlife97
AG
He followed that up with: "Scott Drew is my role model."
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:
But to say me or anybody on my staff is out there cheating to gain advantage just isn't true.

So its true that he's cheating, just not cheating in order to gain an advantage. Just in order to save his job, make more money, give the players more money, etc.
Hamburger Dan
I've been a high school coach in Texas for 34 years. Even in the BFE district I work in - we are trained, taught, schooled, and reminded a dozen times a year - what is ok, what is not. I'm calling BS on " we just made a small mistake".
CoachLB
You are right Dan. Briles and Freeze knew everything. I promise you when a kid who played for me or any High School coach goes off to college to play football and comes back with stuff we know they cannot afford we as their former coaches know it. The college coaches recruit these guys they know if a kid has a new car or lots of new clothes or spending money and they come from homes with very little something is not right, even if it didn't come from them directly. And right then should investigate it.
OrygunAg
AG
Depends on what the meaning of 'is' is...this is a tired game
class12of
AG
Oh, but it gets worse....

quote:
My wife (Jill) just asked me, 'Hugh, what should I pray that you want the end game to be?' he said. "I said that they (the NCAA) accept the penalties that we self-imposed. I wish somebody would say, 'Look, they've (NCAA) been there four years and the staff is not buying players.' "
http://gridironnow.com/hugh-freeze-sec-spring-meetings/
swc93
AG
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus; please, oh, please just make it all go away, in thy glory, forever and ever, hotty toddy and Amen."
Aggie Joe 93
AG
So he's basically saying, "I forgot undeclared payments to players for undisclosed benefits was improper."

And, "I know I got caught, but I really, really, really think we shouldn't be punished for it."
class12of
AG
And we have a winner.....

No respect left for this guy.

. . .
From the SEC Meetings...
quote:
Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze: "In 2013, when I sent out my infamous tweet I ran it by my AD if there are things wrong, we want to know"

Hugh Freeze says his 2013 "infamous" tweet seeking info of violations was done with sincerity, but Twitter may not have been right place.

Hugh Freeze, reading from lengthy prepared statement: "As a head coach I own everything that happens. "

Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze reading a prepared statement concerning NCAA violations: "We've been as honest as we can through the process"

Freeze: These are "mistakes" that don't rise to the level of termination. No charge of "a coach out buying players."

Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze: "I stand here today owning our mistakes. That's what they are, mistakes. Not coaches out there buying players"

Freeze on reputation of cheating: "I don't know that I'll ever change that narrative and I've got to come to grips with that."

Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze: "13 charges, 4 predate me; 9 under my watch; 4 of those serious charges, 3 which have nothing to do w/our staff"

Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze on any impact on recruiting: "It's still going good. We're still on the top guys (around) the nation"

Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze: "I have zero knowledge, any (of our) coaches has paid a player. If I get that knowledge, there will be problems"
Wrighty
AG
I find fake people to be intolerable.
Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:
quote:

If god exists, I doubt he cares whether college football coaches are secretly funneling money to players during the recruiting process.
atheist spotted. Considering that purposefully cheating in any way (to one extent or another) goes directly against one of the ten commandments, directly given from God, yes I assume he care a little. Especially considering this head coach is responsible for the development of these young men in more ways than just on the football field. If he cheats in recruiting, who's to say what other moral bankruptcies he has failed to address, which directly impact the development of several young men each and every year. Being a head football coach goes way beyond just wins and losses, despite what this money-driven business demands.
King
AG
quote:

That's what she said
Tom Hagen
AG
Greg Little and Ole Miss were a perfect fit. One was looking to get paid, the other was looking to pay.
Sock Puppet

quote:
Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze: "I have zero knowledge, any (of our) coaches has paid a player. If I get that knowledge, there will be problems because the alumni folks said they'd take care of everything

fixed it for him......

Amazing Moves
No need to make this about religion. That goes for both sides.

The guy is full of **** no matter how you slice it.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
quote:

That's what she said

That's what ABATTBQ11 already said
Schrute
A "mistake" in recruiting would be something like what we did with Kyler Murray. It was a "mistake" bringing a midget, self-entitled drama queen into our program.

Paying players to come to your school is not a recruiting "mistake". It's a recruiting violation.
Bullet Tooth Tony
"In 2013, when I sent out my infamous tweet I ran it by my AD if there are things wrong, we want to know"
Loss of institutional control.

"As a head coach I own everything that happens."
Except for excuses I am about to make on these latest infractions.

"We've been as honest as we can through the process"
There is an obvious honesty line that I won't cross, as it would furthur incriminate me.

"These are 'mistakes' that don't rise to the level of termination. No charge of 'a coach out buying players.'"
I mean, hey, we aren't covering up murder or rape here, amirite? Also, see honesty line above.

"I stand here today owning our mistakes. That's what they are, mistakes. Not coaches out there buying players"
See above.

"I don't know that I'll ever change that narrative and I've got to come to grips with that."
If it walks like a duck...

"13 charges, 4 predate me; 9 under my watch; 4 of those serious charges, 3 which have nothing to do w/our staff"
So, I mean, really we are talking one serious infraction. That's not that bad, we are human. Let the one without sin cast the first stone. Ahh, see what I did there?

"It's still going good. We're still on the top guys (around) the nation"
Benjamin's.

"I have zero knowledge, any (of our) coaches has paid a player. If I get that knowledge, there will be problems"
When I say problems, what I really mean is, I will sit that coach down and find out why the hell he got caught, because if that happens, he definitely did not follow the process that we have meticulously laid out for the payment of players.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
atheist spotted. Considering that purposefully cheating in any way (to one extent or another) goes directly against one of the ten commandments, directly given from God, yes I assume he care a little. Especially considering this head coach is responsible for the development of these young men in more ways than just on the football field. If he cheats in recruiting, who's to say what other moral bankruptcies he has failed to address, which directly impact the development of several young men each and every year. Being a head football coach goes way beyond just wins and losses, despite what this money-driven business demands.

Agnostic is more accurate than atheist but whatever. Regardless, the "respect the government" idea laid out in the Bible was that men were supposed to follow legitimate laws laid down by a just government. The NCAA is not a just government but a corrupt monopoly, and as for its "laws," it hides behind a sham label of amateurism while laying out rules, applied inexcusably inconsistently, designed to generate millions for a bunch of leeches while compensating the young men who risk their health and future earnings with pennies on the dollar.

Is Freeze a smarmy, unctuous snake oil salesman? Yes. But the idea that he's done morally bankrupt thug pos who doesn't take his faith seriously because he paid players is absolutely laughable.
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
I find fake people to be intolerable.
Man do I agree with this statement... especially those that hide behind something (school, religion, law enforcement etc.) to promote and manipulate their standing in the world.

Biggest human pieces of excrement.

Token
AG
Freeze is a joke. He should be canned for being such a fraud
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.