Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I'm proud of baylor

14,194 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rossticus
Frederick Palowaski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Good Lord!!! Please stop acting like this has been going on for decades at Baylor as far as their football team is concerned. When the Board of Regeants founf out about this they acted. Briles has been there 8 years. Now he is out.

Good job Baylor!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh look. More Baylor loving from ce.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
I dont see other schools doing it.

Baylor didn't try to fix it either until this FUBAR went public.
AnScAggie
AG
While well deserved, I amazed that they fired Briles. Somewhere Chris Peterson is smiling.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
quote:
quote:
Being proud of Baylor is like being proud of a criminal for turning himself in. You broke the law, pay the price. No one should be proud of someone for doing what they're supposed to do, particularly when it should have happened a helluva lot sooner.

You're assuming that everyone knew. It's just not realistic to expect immediate action in our litigious society. They ultimately made a pretty bold decision. It's easy to bask in the schadenfreude, but hopefully we're better than that. Hopefully. We don't know all the details and you're kidding yourself if you pretend you do; we only know they had a tough decision to make about the identity of their university.

Dude are you kidding? This has been a thing for MONTHS! You really think no one knew when women were getting run off campus and lawsuits were being filed?! It happened now because it had too. The hold outs had no choice. The dust wasn't gonna settle this time.

There just wasn't more than one way to skin a cat this time.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Do you really think the regents and administrators were hands on with football recruitment? I think it's possible that the guy who deserved blame is getting blamed.
wesnile
AG
ESPN Radio reporting biggest reason for firing is donations were starting to taper and were going to be greatly affected should he stay.
Bryanisbest
AG
So Baylor is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Sounds like the way the Ags are viewed when we do something. Baylor is right in firing Briles. They did the right thing!
wesnile
AG
Also major props to Texas Monthly
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
"Months," in your own words. In the real world outside of internet message board fantasy land, months do transpire.
knoxtom
quote:
First school in awhile to put what is right infront of the importance of football. Firing Briles is the right move to clean up a dirty program and should have been done a long time ago but still the right thing none-the-less. I wish more schools (looking at you Penn State, FSU) would do the same.
They aren't doing what is right, they have known about this for years. Baylor is in damage control and trying to save whatever they can.

Proud? Proud would have happened four years ago
EVA3
AG
Baylor only took these actions when their hand was forced. And Bennett is now the head coach. There's no way he was not part of it. The Bennett move was good for both Baylor and Bennett. They have a job no one wants and a coach no one wants. He still has a job.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
quote:
So Baylor is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Sounds like the way the Ags are viewed when we do something. Baylor is right in firing Briles. They did the right thing!

It's the WHEN that you're missing. No one would be damned if they do, had they done something much sooner.
EVA3
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Being proud of Baylor is like being proud of a criminal for turning himself in. You broke the law, pay the price. No one should be proud of someone for doing what they're supposed to do, particularly when it should have happened a helluva lot sooner.

You're assuming that everyone knew. It's just not realistic to expect immediate action in our litigious society. They ultimately made a pretty bold decision. It's easy to bask in the schadenfreude, but hopefully we're better than that. Hopefully. We don't know all the details and you're kidding yourself if you pretend you do; we only know they had a tough decision to make about the identity of their university.

Dude are you kidding? This has been a thing for MONTHS! You really think no one knew when women were getting run off campus and lawsuits were being filed?! It happened now because it had too. The hold outs had no choice. The dust wasn't gonna settle this time.

I see what you did there!
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
quote:
"Months," in your own words. In the real world outside of internet message board fantasy land, months do transpire.

I've seen entire lawsuits get resolved in the time it took anyone at Baylor's administration to even recognize this for what it is.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
quote:
Baylor only took these actions when their hand was forced. And Bennett is now the head coach. There's no way he was not part of it. The Bennett move was good for both Baylor and Bennett. They have a job no one wants and a coach no one wants. He still has a job.

With Bennett at the helm, maybe Baylor will revert to the level of badness that SMU was when he was the head coach there. Dude cannot run a program.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I see what you did there!

I was hopeful someone would enjoy that...
ironmanag
AG
Being proud of Baylor is like being proud of a rapist who was caught in the act admitting they did it.

It's like being proud of Penn State.

OP is an idiot.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
quote:

I've seen entire lawsuits get resolved in the time it took anyone at Baylor's administration to even recognize this for what it is.
Our experience is different.

Look, I'm not a Baylor cheerleader by any means, this is all pretty disgusting. As others have said, the people we should be proud of are the women who had the courage to speak out. And I'm glad that someone listened to them.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:

I think the Board of Regents did the right thing, as it doesn't look like they had any knowledge (the whole issue was the football staff keeping it hush hush, possibly with help from lower level administration).

But Baylor as a whole? Their fans declared this a witch hunt on day 1 and have repeatedly declared that Briles is blameless. Hell they're still doing that. So good for the Board of Regents, but **** Baylor.
Sid Farkas
AG
quote:
First school in awhile to put what is right infront of the importance of football. Firing Briles is the right move to clean up a dirty program and should have been done a long time ago but still the right thing none-the-less. I wish more schools (looking at you Penn State, FSU) would do the same.
CYA and nothing else

Right now everyone in Waco is looking for cover...internal investigations and firings are preemptive manuvers to soften the impending legal, civil and NCAA sanctions.

Rot in hell Baylro.
Old_Ag_91
AG
Can't blue star this one enough
akm91
AG
quote:
quote:

I think the Board of Regents did the right thing, as it doesn't look like they had any knowledge (the whole issue was the football staff keeping it hush hush, possibly with help from lower level administration).

But Baylor as a whole? Their fans declared this a witch hunt on day 1 and have repeatedly declared that Briles is blameless. Hell they're still doing that. So good for the Board of Regents, but **** Baylor.
The University hired the law firm in Fall of 2015. So the regents would have had to have known about it prior to that. The university doesn't do that without Board approval.
bam02
AG
Baylor deserves zero credit. They all have known for a looooong time.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Baylor doesn't deserve any applause for doing the right thing... FINALLY.

That college will get its comeuppance when the victims get their day in court and the NCAA "hopefully" does what it should.

And btw... the report only covers a 4 year time frame, this does not include the numerous victims before 2012.
ce1994
AG
So looooong means what? Just asking so we can quantify this instead of doing internet mud slinging.
Citizen Reign
quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Penn State fired Paterno based on public pressure just like Baylor. The FSU deal was nowhere near the same level of long-term conspiracy to cover multiple occurrences.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:

If Briles is the ONLY football coach fired, they are only doing what they've always done: the least possible.

They floated out firing ONLY Starr. The internet balked; and Starr fired back. Now we're getting ONLY Briles fired?

I was proud when I heard Briles was gone. However, I assumed that meant the staff as well. I was reminded of who they appear to be; when I heard they're keeping everyone else and promoting from within.

My two cents.
InternetFan02
AG
I'm guessing the original plan was to quietly release a simplified version of the Hamilton report late Friday before memorial day weekend. Give credit to ESPN OTL for their most recent reporting bringing the issue back to the spotlight in time to force their hand.
Citizen Reign
quote:
So looooong means what? Just asking so we can quantify this instead of doing internet mud slinging.
So the Christian institution does the right thing and everyone should be standup and applaud? I'm sorry but they would not have done the right thing if it was not for internet and media mud slinging. They were in collusion with the locl cops and would have continued as long as people believed everything was on the up and up.

That institution is a disgusting fruad that has yet to facing the legal consequences of there lack of actions.
ce1994
AG
So it is proven the Board of Regents knew about this and did nothing except cover it up?
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
So it is proven the Board of Regents knew about this and did nothing except cover it up?

After reading a few excerpts from the report that was just released, the Board of Regents had no choice here. If they hadn't canned Briles, they were looking at the death penalty. There was nothing heroic here
misterguinness
AG
Aggies arguing with each other on a day when we should all be celebrating Baylor's misery
Kozmozag
So briles is available. ....let's not go to hard on him, we may be looking for a coach by nov.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Our experience is different.

Look, I'm not a Baylor cheerleader by any means, this is all pretty disgusting. As others have said, the people we should be proud of are the women who had the courage to speak out. And I'm glad that someone listened to them.

I hear ya. But to our earlier issue regarding timeliness, the investigation that resulted in today's report was commissioned in August 2015. It's June 2016. This stuff was going on long before anyone thought to put an investigation together. It's been well overdo what is transpiring right now.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
quote:
So briles is available. ....let's not go to hard on him, we may be looking for a coach by nov.

We would absolutely rape the SEC with Briles as our head coach!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.