Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I'm proud of baylor

14,177 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rossticus
FrontPorchAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Being proud of Baylor is like being proud of a rapist who was caught in the act admitting they did it.

It's like being proud of Penn State.

OP is an idiot.
It's nothing like a rapist turning himself in. In this case the board and most of the people outside of the athletic department had no idea how bad it had gotten. Yes, it took a Texas Monthly article to shed light but you don't fire people over Texas Monthly articles otherwise no one anywhere would have a job. I'm happy because a board of regents saw the light figured out what was going on and took the right steps. Maybe it is too little too late but like I said before I don't see other universities doing it. Baylor, Notre Dame, FSU, USC, Iowa, Missouri, Michigan, Arizona St, and tu are a short list of schools that have had rape conspiracies in the last few years. Everyone knows McCoy just watched but no one has said or done anything about it.
Bellard
AG
Being proud of Baylor is like being proud of Bill Clinton coming clean, but only when they had the stain on the dress. They only came forward when they knew they were busted.

Nothing to be proud of, still disgusting and sad.
FrontPorchAg
quote:
quote:
First school in awhile to put what is right infront of the importance of football. Firing Briles is the right move to clean up a dirty program and should have been done a long time ago but still the right thing none-the-less. I wish more schools (looking at you Penn State, FSU) would do the same.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Penn State fired Paterno based on public pressure just like Baylor. The FSU deal was nowhere near the same level of long-term conspiracy to cover multiple occurrences.
You are probably right about Penn State but FSU? Florida State has a long history of cover ups and it may rival Miami for the dirtiest program in history. They were called the "Florida State Criminals" since long before Winston. He's just one in a long string of dirty players.
FrontPorchAg
quote:
Being proud of Baylor is like being proud of Bill Clinton coming clean, but only when they had the stain on the dress. They only came forward when they knew they were busted.

Nothing to be proud of, still disgusting and sad.
I get it that people here hate baylor but stop with all the bad analogies. Organisation /= Person
Bellard
AG
People are the organization, you cant separate the two. Baylor only came clean once they knew they were busted.
FrontPorchAg
quote:
People are the organization, you cant separate the two. Baylor only came clean once they knew they were busted.
Organizations are made up of people. Does your boss know everything you do? Do you know everything your empolyees do? While organzations are ultimately responsible for the actions of their employees the above analogies don't apply. Organizations are required to do a proper investigation and then take appropriate actions.

That happened in this case. The Texas Monthly article came out in August. The BOR ordered an investigation in August. This is the result of that investigation.

Now you can argue that the BOR knew before August but I haven't seen any evidence as such.
Deputy Travis Junior
You're right. I stand corrected.
TMartin
"Proud of Baylor" Really, this is when this first got bad.......check the date.

Carlton Eric Dotson, Jr. (born June 1, 1982) is an American former college basketball player currently serving a 35-year prison term for the murder of Patrick Dennehy. Dotson attended North Dorchester High School. He played at University at Buffalo[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Patrick_Dennehy#cite_note-2][2][/url] and Paris Junior College[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Patrick_Dennehy#cite_note-3][3][/url] before transferring to Baylor in the summer of 2002, where he played one season as a forward.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Patrick_Dennehy#cite_note-4][4][/url]
FrontPorchAg
I've briefly read up on that. Did Baylor interfere with that investigation?
Sniffing Accountant
AG
Yea no. The only reason they fired him is because they had the rug pulled out from under them. They didn't do the right thing because it was the right thing. They did it because their hand was forced.

**** Baylor
aggiedent
AG
Sorry Mtn Guide, I disagree as well. If ( fill in the blank; Briles, Starr, the BOR, whoever) would have done the right thing from day 1 then I would agree with the use of proud.

Lets be honest, even us peons on TexAgs knew what was going on in Waco. If the hierarchy at Baylor didn't, they must have had their head in the sand. They only responded when it because a full fledged media scandal with no ability to wiggle out of it.

No, I think it's disgraceful.
TMartin
I've briefly read up on that. Did Baylor interfere with that investigation?

No, I think even Baylor has to admit when somebody is dead.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
"Months," in your own words. In the real world outside of internet message board fantasy land, months do transpire.

I've seen entire lawsuits get resolved in the time it took anyone at Baylor's administration to even recognize this for what it is.
Our experience is different.

Look, I'm not a Baylor cheerleader by any means, this is all pretty disgusting. As others have said, the people we should be proud of are the women who had the courage to speak out. And I'm glad that someone listened to them.

I hear ya. But to our earlier issue regarding timeliness, the investigation that resulted in today's report was commissioned in August 2015. It's June 2016. This stuff was going on long before anyone thought to put an investigation together. It's been well overdo what is transpiring right now.

Yeah, I get that. I hope I don't sound like I'm trying to excuse anyone, but if you ever get involved in governmental litigation, months can seem like nanoseconds.
GlendaleAg
AG
OP I get what you're trying to say but at the same time: character is what you do when no one's watching.

This certainly wasn't good character on Baylor's part.

It's too bad we'll never know all the times someone had good character because it was an action taken with no fanfare and no glory (at least in this world).
Scissors
AG
Credit for finally getting rid of Briles but absolutely no credit for letting it get to this point
FCBlitz
Whatever. They pulled the trigger. I doubt that Briles would agree with your statement.
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
"Months," in your own words. In the real world outside of internet message board fantasy land, months do transpire.

I've seen entire lawsuits get resolved in the time it took anyone at Baylor's administration to even recognize this for what it is.
Our experience is different.

Look, I'm not a Baylor cheerleader by any means, this is all pretty disgusting. As others have said, the people we should be proud of are the women who had the courage to speak out. And I'm glad that someone listened to them.

I hear ya. But to our earlier issue regarding timeliness, the investigation that resulted in today's report was commissioned in August 2015. It's June 2016. This stuff was going on long before anyone thought to put an investigation together. It's been well overdo what is transpiring right now.

Yeah, I get that. I hope I don't sound like I'm trying to excuse anyone, but if you ever get involved in governmental litigation, months can seem like nanoseconds.

On that point we can definitely agree.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Baylor is absolute trash....

Whether one basketball player murdering another, an entire rapist football team, coaches covering up for scum athletes, or continued hiring of trash admin/coaching....

Just drop a bomb on wacko..... Let em start over & try again
Artorias
AG
You are proud of Baylor for finally doing the "right thing" after they got caught?
Cornerback31
AG
I disagree with OP. How can anyone be proud of baylor? If the baylor president, coach, and AD had done the right thing when they should have, many of these criminally assaulted young ladies would have been spared. Doing the "right thing" at this late date still has a stench about it.
Joe Exotic
AG
What about now OP?
Matsui
AG
He's baaaaaack!
Citizen Reign
quote:
What about now OP?
OP is incredibly naive.

Voting to bring Briles back? REALLY?
They need to fire the OC. DC, and probably a few position coaches if not all of them.
Rossticus
I'd be proud of baylol if they allowed Starr, Briles, and the rest of the staff to self immolate at the 50yd line of the toilet bowl.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.