Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Tate - I think we all saw this coming

22,561 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggnHou
BoxingAg84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"My orders are to weed out all non hackers who don't pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps"

TXAggie2011
AG
I don't give a damn about this particular recruit or that particular recruit, but as a coach, you can't stay up until 1 am calling out top recruits and getting into arguments with random folks on Twitter.

Aaron Moorehead has come across like a pompous tittybaby tonight.

If some of the random Longhorn and Sooner fans that Moorehead has responded to tonight can get under his skin, I dare say pot meet kettle.

Go to bed, Moorehead.
Slwdsm
quote:
The ****-show with the QBs, late season swoon, and Sumlin's (reported) issues with alcohol and job-shopping combined to cast a long shadow on the program. Moorehead's immaturity feeds the fire we are fighting. I have concerns that next season will not end well.

God, you can really find a laundry list of mostly non factional crap to ***** about in a hurry... been mulling all of this over while standing on the ledge?

Sometimes I feel like you entitled tards forgot the Fran era and just how good we have it right now. Sumlin is a better coach and our program is better than it has been in the last 15 years...

Without what Sumlin none of these 5* recruits would be remotely considering or talking about A&M... you entitled fools are acting like we were landing 5* QBs regularly before Sumlin.
TXAggie2011
AG
We're not paying Sumlin to be better than Francione.
Slwdsm
quote:

So you want him to be worse? Is that why you guys are always whining and blaming everything on him?

The arrogance and entitled attitude is ridiculous... you guys are acting like sips when you spout that ignorant crap.
greg.w.h
AG
quote:
Social media is single handedly the worse thing ever invented

Oh the irony...
BoxingAg84
quote:
Tate Martell (@TheTateMartell) December 17, 2015

I want to make it clear that I'm still 100% solid on Texas A&M! Obviously everyone sees some of the obstacles that A&M has went through this season... Everyone also has seen the potential that the program has too! From my point of view, as a recruit that is committed to the University, I know I haven't lost faith in the program! Texas A&M has all the right tools to be the most dominant school in college football. I haven't lost any confidence in the coaches. Coach Sumlin and Coach Spavital know what they are doing! They were there when Johnny was killing it at A&M! We all know for a fact that Texas A&M isn't lacking any kind of talent at any position! The alumni and fan base at Texas A&M is absolutely ridiculous too! I've been all over the country and I've never seen anything like the 12th Man! The facilities are top of the line, from Kyle Field down to the coaches offices! I can guarantee that A&M will be going in the right direction! We all learn from our mistakes and I know Coach Sumlin will make sure that the program gets right back on track. I can't wait to get to Texas A&M and get to do my part and actually help us build the program instead of talking about it! We are going to make the class of 2017 unforgettable I will promise you that much!

zephyr88
AG
A.M.F.
zephyr88
AG
quote:

Actually, we are...
Wade_3
AG
Thank God these kids are only playing football and not doing something important, like joining the military. If a few tweets cause this type of temper tantrum I can only imagine what the real world will do to them.
Wade_3
AG
quote:
You sound like an Aggie that thinks A&M football started in the early 1990s.

Outside of Slocum, there isn't another stretch of A&M football that has been on par with what Sumlin has produced.

Can he do better? Absolutely, I think he can and will do better. But to think that he hasn't done very well while he has been here just shows a complete lack of perspective and understanding..
Clown Question
The matter is pure and simple. The staff told Tate they need to take two QBs in this class (which is absolutely true). Tate was not comfortable with that, especially with Spav gone. So he split. Better now than in the fall.

Good luck to him but the coaching staff cannot afford to cater to prima donnas at this position anymore. It would be idiotic to only recruit one QB this class.
Aggie
AG
quote:

Truer words have never been spoken.
I don't Twitter, don't to the Instagram, snap chat and all that other stuff.
Social media gives attention *****s a platform where they start to actually believe they are important.

Science Denier
AG
quote:
quote:
The ****-show with the QBs, late season swoon, and Sumlin's (reported) issues with alcohol and job-shopping combined to cast a long shadow on the program. Moorehead's immaturity feeds the fire we are fighting. I have concerns that next season will not end well.

God, you can really find a laundry list of mostly non factional crap to ***** about in a hurry... been mulling all of this over while standing on the ledge?

Sometimes I feel like you entitled tards forgot the Fran era and just how good we have it right now. Sumlin is a better coach and our program is better than it has been in the last 15 years...

Without what Sumlin none of these 5* recruits would be remotely considering or talking about A&M... you entitled fools are acting like we were landing 5* QBs regularly before Sumlin.
Is this how folks think?

Do they think being the ONLY TEXAS TEAM in the SEC matters zero to recruits?
Do they think the SEC network and the exposure we get from the SEC matters zero to recruits?
Do they think the half billion dollar stadium we built matters zero to recruits?
DO they think the money we put into the program to hire assistants as expensive as Chavis and Mazzone matters zero to recruits?

Do think it's really just Sumlin and that without him we are lucky to be a .500 football team?
Science Denier
AG
quote:
quote:

Social media gives attention *****s a platform where they start to actually believe they are important.

Remember the DB that picked Bama over A&M? He said that Saben Skyped him every week.

EVERY WEEK.

Sumlin promises a QB that he'd be the only QB taken, and when he starts recruiting QB's again, he doesn't even pick up the phone and call. Just offers another QB.

Saben SKYPES every week. Sumlin can't spend 5 min on the phone.

It's really got nothing to do with social media.
Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Remember the DB that picked Bama over A&M? He said that Saben Skyped him every week.

EVERY WEEK.

Sumlin promises a QB that he'd be the only QB taken, and when he starts recruiting QB's again, he doesn't even pick up the phone and call. Just offers another QB.

Saben SKYPES every week. Sumlin can't spend 5 min on the phone.

It's really got nothing to do with social media.

You're completly missing the point on social media
Frisco - Ag
AG
Km part 2. Meh. No loss.
Schrute Farms
Moorehead's tweet and the decommits are news on Mike & Mike. Twitter is lame.
Jock 07
AG
Cool, let someone else deal with cryler 2.0
titanmaster_race
These kids were looking for a reason to decommit. And that's fine. Just wish the drama queen **** would go.
Clown Question
Sumlin has to get things straightened out. However, Sumlin handled the Tate thing correctly. We need to have two QBs this class. Tate didn't like that and with Spav gone it made it worse. Better to lose him know than in Sept. or later.
seebond
AG
What Morehead said was true- what's the point of "commitment" if you aren't going to honor the commitment you made.
However!! Going after a guy that just decommitted is way out of line!
Pumpkinhead
AG
If you want to follow high school football recruiting as a hobby, recognize that your hobby is following the decision making of 16-18 year old very young men. Then throw in all the pluses and minus of today's social media technology.

It is what it is. It can be an amusing hobby, but it usually also best to maintain some emotional detachment from what is going on.
The Collective
AG
AirborneAg04
quote:
Thank God these kids are only playing football and not doing something important, like joining the military. If a few tweets cause this type of temper tantrum I can only imagine what the real world will do to them.

Wanna know how I know you've never been in the military?
Frisco - Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

truth
Betoisafurry
Kid sucks
Tom Hagen
AG
Would it violate NCAA rules to offter bounties to the Cedar Hill defensive players?
Oilfield Aggie12
Why don't we go for a 5 Star RB or LB instead. Let's change it up.
Little Rock Ag
AG
Citizen Reign
quote:
I believe he is being paid five large to be the best. That includes being better than Fran.
Citizen Reign
quote:
Why don't we go for a 5 Star RB or LB instead. Let's change it up.
This!

Also, Sumlin needs to tell QB recruits that he want's to avoid starting a true fish QB at all cost. It rarely works out good for player development or the program.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:
I believe he is being paid five large to be the best. That includes being better than Fran.
Well, yes.

But come on...
MallalieuAg

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.