Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Tate - I think we all saw this coming

22,550 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggnHou
Ozamataz Buckshank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whatever...Tate seemed to be more overrated that Rufio
jdls13
AG
At least now we can all say what we've been thinking. He seemed like a huge ****** Bag
TexasAggieJTL
AG
Not sad or disappointed. He's kid who changed his mind. Spared us the drama by not dragging out his decision to decommit.

As another posted stated, there is no such thing as a "commitment" until NSD; so there is no reason to get emotionally connected to any recruit ever.

Just support the guys who sign with the Maroon and White each February.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
The good news is that a bunch of grown men on the zoo now have an excuse to melt down and accuse a teenager of being a drama queen.
gopgabe
AG
We've had:
A Heisman flameout
2 5* QB transfers
A declining record
A huge media tailspin

Do you blame Tate?

I honestly don't. I wish him the best of luck.
P.C. Principal
quote:
quote:
You said too much on the internet, just like Kyler did. Fans overreacted to it, because too many people care too much about the life of a 17-year-old kid. But there's blame on your part too. You flaunted your love for one school and got a little too invested in it. In turn, you get the fans too excited about you. I can't count the number of times I saw "gig em"s on your Twitter. You absolutely loved A&M.

I didn't know he read TexAgs!
how did I insinuate that?
Ozamataz Buckshank
AG

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-huskies/too-young-14-year-old-quarterback-commits-to-huskies-for-2017/

Why is anyone surprised?
bringingthehate
AG
Let's just keep this in mind next time an 18 year old "has a good head on his shoulders" or is "wise beyond his years" because he commits here 18 months before he can sign.

At least we can stop the nonsense qbu talk.
Trillary Clinton
Later Meek Mill
tremble
AG
quote:
Not sad or disappointed. He's kid who changed his mind. Spared us the drama by not dragging out his decision to decommit.

As another posted stated, there is no such thing as a "commitment" until NSD; so there is no reason to get emotionally connected to any recruit ever.

Just support the guys who sign with the Maroon and White each February.

Agreed. At least he did it now unlike some classless clown legacy.

Best of luck to him, I think that PAC is more suited to his physical attributes than the grinder that is the SEC West
jon gruden is intelligent
quote:

eh, not really upsetting. Verbal commitments mean nothing, yet people still get riled up about them. I don't believe anything in recruiting until that signed LOI comes through.
WoMD
quote:
quote:
Social media is single handedly the worse thing ever invented

I can think of a lot worse inventions so it is definitely not the worse...

Yeah, like those damn air hand dryers in bathrooms.
dixichkn
AG
I'm not gonna "sour grapes" this kid, he always seemed kinda tenuous at best and I'm not all that surprised that some kid who played HS ball at one of the "factories" has drama/commitment issues. However I will say this, if he is the price we pay for sending Spav packing.........well then, later, Tater.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
Who gives a ****? He was gonna show up and get obliterated by SEC defenses. He's basically a white version of Kyler. Small and entitled is a bad combination for a QB
His arm looked a little better than Kyler's but otherwise I agree. It's laughable for 5'10 17 year old, who's only ever played against Nevada high school competition, to declare that he's hot sheet who should start as a true fish.

Though I certainly wouldn't turn down a blue chip who's willing to put in the time to redshirt and develop, we don't need top 100 QB recruits to succeed. What we need is a haul of them that are willing to learn for a couple of years before seeing the field. That's what the effective air raid coaches do. They're always able to field quality QBs year after after because they always have 4-5 guys (2-3 of whom are upperclassmen) competing for the starting job. They don't mess with this true fish prima donna bull****.
The Ragonk Strikes Back
Seanzy2012
AG
Give me an army of West Point QB recruits and I'll lose to Navy.

Give me an army of Aggie QB recruits and I'll lose to swagger.

-Patton
nickstro66
AG
At least no one made a movie about Tate's recruiting process just to have him decomit
eAGer
AG
quote:
quote:
You said too much on the internet, just like Kyler did. Fans overreacted to it, because too many people care too much about the life of a 17-year-old kid. But there's blame on your part too. You flaunted your love for one school and got a little too invested in it. In turn, you get the fans too excited about you. I can't count the number of times I saw "gig em"s on your Twitter. You absolutely loved A&M.

I didn't know he read TexAgs!
Shirley, you can't be serious
Loverboy
I suspect that mazzone isn't impressed by his skill set and thus started looking for something that fits our scheme better.

Tate got pissed and decommitted.

Who cares.

He's a midget.
AggieDPT
AG
quote:
Moorehead, you should stay off social media too. It never ends well.

Well Mannie however you spell his last name WR commit just decommited and basically said it was because Morehead talked ****. These 17 and 18 year old kids sure are sensitive.
Citizen Reign
quote:
Taters gonna tate

POTD!!!
aggie_fan13
AG
Moorehead in trouble or nah ?
BowhunterAg83
AG
As I said all along. He is too small. We need 6'4-6'6" beasts at QB. 225-250 lbs. This is the SEC, not the pac12 or big 12.
Kid should go to cal. He can't play at Ohio st.

Next up.
Citizen Reign
quote:
I thought he had a great relationship with the Mazzone guys? Oh well, move on time.

I'm wondering if Sumlin told him not to come here expecting to start. That is going to be the best way to handle these 5 Star guys that run around spouting BS looking for attention by posting dbag comments and dbag pics on dbag media.

eAGer
AG
quote:
quote:

Well Mannie however you spell his last name WR commit just decommited and basically said it was because Morehead talked ****. These 17 and 18 year old kids sure are sensitive.
So he couldn't agree with his potential position coach, to whom he was committed, who also happens to be 100% correct? Peace, *****.
fieldtrailer
AG
Netherly was probably going to anyway. His 1st reply tweet didnt sound like a confirmation. More of an excuse so he could do it also.

Not sure if moorehead in trouble but he should not have tweeted that. Coaches attacking recruits not going to work out well. I think sumlin lost respect of alot of high school coaches and kids when he said what he did about Lodge at press conference. Not good to be publicly saying negative things about recruits. Have to be marter than that. There is a reason we keep looking more and more oos for kids.
johnnyblaze36
AG
quote:
quote:

Seems like the kid just proved Moorehead's point although it was probably foolish of Aaron to tweet all that (even though I retweeted it and liked it all). I'd hate to be him in the morning getting that call from Sumlin "Get your ass here to my office immediately".
cords12
Martell is too small to play SEC football..... Kyler 2.0

Both came from powerhouse HS football programs that will continue to be powerhouses long after the 5 foot 9 inch so called 5 star QBs are gone.....
aggie_fan13
AG
Lmao aggie football has been nothin but drama past few seasons, good entertainment TBH
John Dutton
AG
quote:

The SEC isn't for P&ssies!! If they can't cut it, I don't want them in our locker room. Bye Felicia!!
FancyKetchup14
AG
This is why I hate recruiting and social media.

I'm waiting for this: "#blessed to announce things are now complicated with the University of Texas A&M"
Slwdsm
O/U on how many more schools Tate "commits" to before NSD?

Surely Vegas is running those odds?? I want to get in on that action.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Okay now it's really hitting the fan.

AggieDPT
AG
Just using it as an excuse to get attention. So many losers will tweet at him now about how he's the best ever
jaredjunek
AG
I agree with the general consensus of the posters on this thread. These are high school kids. They can't ALL make important decisions without consulting someone who they trust and who knows more than they do, and typically that's their family. Hell, half of us college kids can't make important decisions by ourselves.

Whether or not Coach Moorehead's tweets were about Martell, he still failed to use good judgement, thus resulting in the decommitment of another recruit.

Most of us are so cool with being spontaneous and saying/doing what we feel, but we need to take time and assess the situation. There's this thing called damage control. Learn to utilize it. Don't try to stitch up your wounds before looking to make sure you aren't about to sew through an artery.

Also, don't let a high school kids decision hurt you so bad. They can still sign. They just want more free sh*t.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.