Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Ifedi: "worst pick of the 1st round"

12,886 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bachelor99
Bodhi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
1. Seattle Seahawks: Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M

To say we differed from the Seahawks' assessment of Ifedi, their selection at No. 31 overall, is an understatement. Ifedi had a sixth-round grade on our big board and was our 12th overall tackle in the class. He simply did not grade well at all, finishing with a negative pass-blocking grade a season ago. Sure, he is strong, and has a fantastic frame for the position, but his technique is nowhere near an NFL level yet. It will take him a few years to even get to an NFL starter's level, and then at that point the Seahawks will have to break out the checkbook for his second contrac

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/29/draft-5-worst-picks-from-day-1-of-the-nfl-draft/
unmade bed
How many Super Bowls have the guys evaluating talent at profootballfocus.com won? I think I'll trust the seahawks.
William Larue Weller
AG
quote:
How many Super Bowls have the guys evaluating talent at profootballfocus.com won? I think I'll trust the seahawks.

This
SeattleAgJr
Charlie 31
AG
He was pick 26 out of 26 in the first round, so by definition he was the "worst" first round pick this year. Whatever the hell that means.

Good luck in Seattle with the other 12th Man, Germain Ifedi! God Bless, Gig 'em, and Godspeed in all your life's endeavors.
Bodhi
AG
quote:
He was pick 26 out of 26 in the first round, so by definition he was the "worst" first round pick this year. Whatever the hell that means.

Good luck in Seattle with the other 12th Man, Germain Ifedi! God Bless, Gig 'em, and Godspeed in all your life's endeavors.

There was 31 picks in the first round. Not even close bro.
Bone6
Damn, in so many words they basically said he's a talent but our coaching sucked.

Glad Turner is back.
John Francis Donaghy
quote:
Damn, in so many words they basically said he's a talent but our coaching sucked.

Glad Turner is back.
Someone should try telling that guy that coaching talented players is much easier than trying to create talent with coaching.

I too am glad that Turner is back. Hopefully he can do as well by our current o-line talent as he did by our guys a few years back.
Meximan
I pay attention to Gil Brandt and Mike Mayock on draft grades. Everyone else is just blowing hot air.
Loverboy
OLU
TexanJeff
AG
Isn't every last pick of the first round automatically the worst pick?

Duh!
TMartin
The jackass who wrote this article probably has no idea the very successful history the Seahawks have had with drafting A&M players for a very long time.
Bodhi
AG
quote:
The jackass who wrote this article probably has no idea the very successful history the Seahawks have had with drafting A&M players for a very long time.

Michael Bennett and who else?
SwigAg11
AG
Red Bryant?
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
I pay attention to Mike Mayock on draft grades.
NFL Network table, including Mayock, Maranucci and David Shaw all liked the pick and think that Ifedi will flourish at Seattle.
Rocco S
quote:
quote:

Patrick Lewis
mcag83
AG
Was CMIke drafted by Seattle?
vander54
S
Everything I heard about his draft situation was a late first rounder, maybe 2nd round. This site said 6th round. Hmmm
HowdyGetRowdy409
quote:
Was CMIke drafted by Seattle?
Yes in the 2nd
VatoLocoAggie
These people are clowns. It's a click bait article because they know Ags love football, have one of the top 5 college football fanbase, and will have tons of people clicking their crap article because it's a crazy must read piece.
Spica
AG
quote:
quote:

Jacob Green
ironmanag
AG
Red Bryant
Schrute
quote:
quote:

Bennett was not drafted by Seattle. They signed him as an undrafted free agent. But still.
Bonfire1996
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bennett was not drafted by Seattle. They signed him as an undrafted free agent. But still.
Bennett was signed by Tampa Bay, but hey, who cares?
TexasAggiesWin
S
This was an indictment on the offensive line coaching, more the Ifedi.

I saw where John Harris said, "I don't care, at all, for the technique taught to the Aggies linemen, which seemed to hinder Ifedi at times throughout the season."

Looks like the TexAgs coaches correctly identified the problem with our offense last season, terrible o-line coaching and performance.
Craigy
Jacob Green says freaking hello...my bad I see he was mentioned
Oruc Reis
AG
Pat Lewis
dixichkn
AG
Guys, come on......Patrick Lewis was a UFA. And I love that he's making it in the league
Fighting Texas Aggie
They also had Myles Jack as the top LB and #6 best overall. Maybe, just maybe, there is something that the teams know about these guys that those slap****s aren't privy too.
ReveilleV
AG
Pat Lewis was an UFA signed by Green Bay
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Rocky Bernard was drafted by Seattle I believe. I know he played there a long time.
Hehateme1
Maybe someone can tell those jackwagons that he projects as a guard in the NFL, not as a tackle. How he graded last season as a tackle has little relevance.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Isn't that what everyone on TexAgs says too?
DenverAg91
AG
quote:

There is only one true 12tn Man, there is no "other 12tn Man".
NavyAg92
AG
Many may have forgot but Ifedi was a Sherman/Turner recruit I believe.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.