Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fish Camp attendance is down

39,373 Views | 242 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AgBQ07
Squadron7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:

. Unless you stand over him with a gun he is always going to choose that shot on game day.

Unless of course you replace the CT's with hot chicks and move the CT block (do they still have to stupid crap) up to the 3rd deck....

The cameras will go to the c.t.'s. Your only option is to ban uniforms at games.
PastyGangsta
Join a frat, unless you're a *****.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Fish camp 93
Aggielands the place to be
On new journeys we'll be headin
Fightin class of 97

Suck it new army.

You are not old army

Hth
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:

A&M frats were weak as ****... Gave Baylor frats a run for their money
Squadron7
AG
quote:

Think of fish camp counselors as being members of a frat...but one that actually performs a useful function.
BeastmodeAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Ya ok
PastyGangsta
quote:
quote:

I bet you're all about those Dr. Pepper socials
PastyGangsta
quote:
quote:

Think of fish camp counselors as being members of a frat...but one that actually performs a useful function.

Like taking pictures and disrespecting the bonfire memorial? Good one!
Agbornandbred
No doubt there are plenty of counselors who are more in it for themselves than for the fish. Plenty of counselors who are more into their camp spirit than they are Aggie Spirit. (no need to get a tattoo of your camp.) It has become so much more of an entertainment venue (counselors "entertain" fish) than focusing on the fish, the transition from high school to college, and the teaching of the Aggie Spirit. Plenty of fish who are scared when they pull up to registration and it looks much more like Austin's 6th Street than Aggieland.

Organization could do all fish a big favor and do an intensive review of their history, their values, their mission statement and their fulfillment of it. More important to teach about unity than diversity.

So much more important to teach the values and traditions of A&M than it is to entertain. The FC culture has been out of control for a good while but they don't realize it (or care) while they are in it.

Because it so out of control and so many freshman were turned off, IMPACT started and has almost 2000 fish are attending. Obviously plenty of fish want a values based program when coming into college.

Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I bet you're all about those Dr. Pepper socials

Nailed it
Squadron7
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Like taking pictures and disrespecting the bonfire memorial? Good one!

Like conducting several orientation sessions for several thousand freshman per year. Now, these sessions may not fit your taste or approval, but until you get off your dead ass and come with a better alternative it's what is available.
El Mero Guero
quote:
I'm all for redass and everything, but it's probably bc word got out that fish camp is gay AF.
Then attendance should be increasing with each passing year.
Squadron7
AG
quote:
I'm all for redass and everything, but it's probably bc word got out that fish camp is gay AF.

More so than fraternity rush?
Post removed:
by user
locogringo
AG
quote:
Join a frat if you're a *****.
FIFY
PastyGangsta
quote:
quote:
Frats are worthless and full of the worst kind of people. Except for the Jew frat, those Jews were cool.

Fish camp really produces a higher quality of student and person. Lolol
PastyGangsta
quote:
quote:
FIFY

Didn't make the cut?
BombayAg
quote:
quote:
Were we to lose that spirit, those traditions, our culture, we would be nothing more than another giant education factory. A big brain with no heart. Hell, we might as well be in Austin
Too late, Bob Gates. Too late.

Let's face it, we have a lot of weird stuff in A&M. Traditions should be self-sustaining, they cannot be forced.
Traditions that made sense in 1940 may not make sense today. People change, let's not be like people from the "peaceful religion" and want to go back to 600AD.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Maybe if it wasn't all weird people who ran around in tutus with dyed hair and nose rings people would be more inclined to go
And those are the men!
Squadron7
AG
And we will know when we have completely updated and improved our traditions when they are indistinguishable from anyone else's.
Post removed:
by user
coupland boy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
FIFY

Didn't come from enough money?

FIFY.

I know that's not always the case but if we're generalizing it's a safe assumption.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Aggie frats vs fish campers vs ct's

What a great ****ing thread
84AGEC
AG
went in summer of '80, it was hot, pool was closed , slept a lot
TRaww
AG
Fish camp is declining because fish camp counselors today are more interested in the social parameters associated with being a fish camp counselor rather than providing a beneficial experience for incoming freshman
oldvalleyrat
AG
I was checking Facebook today and there was an announcement about Fish Camp. There were many, many comments, all positive. All the comments here are negative. Interesting
Squadron7
AG
quote:
I was checking Facebook today and there was an announcement about Fish Camp. There were many, many comments, all positive. All the comments here are negative. Interesting

It is called the Culture of Complaint. Some people think that because it wasn't their thing it shouldn't be anyone else's.
Credible Source
AG
DrAeroAg05
AG
quote:
quote:
Fish camp 93
Aggielands the place to be
On new journeys we'll be headin
Fightin class of 97

Suck it new army.

~*~OnLy 90s aGs WiLl ReMeMbEr ThIs~*~
Fish Camp '01
Our Aggie journey has begun
At new heights we will arrive
Fightin' Class of '05!

Not just 90s Ags...
Richardson Zone
AG
Texas A&M unveils plans for 3,400 bed off-campus dorm

Is building giant dorms off campus good for the student experience?
farmer95
AG
Went in 91 and enjoyed it. Then was a counselor for 2 years. Ended up marrying my first counselor partner. I am very pro fish camp.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:
Texas A&M unveils plans for 3,400 bed off-campus dorm

Is building giant dorms off campus good for the student experience?

Gotta house our 70% acceptance rate somewhere
Muy
AG
It definitely had its pros (meeting others before school, small group discussions, etc) but it was also very high school clique-ish as well. Other than learning all the traditions it wasn't the greatest thing ever, but I still think it's a unique event.
AgBQ07
AG
I enjoyed it because it got me out of my house and "on my own" a few days earlier. It was a fun event and unique experience, but nothing substantial.

fish camp is probably great if you suck at making friends because it throws you out of your bubble. But if you have plans to be involved with an organization, it's benefits are minimal. I was so wrapped up in the corps that I never talked to my camp group again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.