Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Taylor Jacobs Gofundme via MFBarnes

27,669 Views | 168 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by MorgansPoint
PFG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Glad the fam is getting money back. All that matters.

BUT...like Eveyone here, I sure would like to hear WHY the fund was created. Meaning...was he going to pocket the funds before he was exposed?
SteveBott
AG
He was in contact with the family. They knew about the fund. I am in contact now. All my actions have been vetted by Brandon who I consider a good friend. I was just in the right, and many would say wrong place at that moment.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
Never met him. Never before talked to him. He knew I have connections with TA and wanted me to use them to remove the info about his family on
the forums.

IF you were running a scam and got caught then wouldn't you want to try to cover it up to avoid jail time??? Seems funny that he would do this for someone that he never met and not contact them to let them know about it...

I don't know if it was a scam or if it was legit, but what you posted doesn't clear him at all.
Texaggie7nine
I'm going to guess he wanted the adulation for it.

Same reason he created the other threads he did and got busted on.
7nine
The Collective
AG
quote:
I'm going to guess he wanted the adulation for it.

Same reason he created the other threads he did and got busted on.

Good point. I need to watch more Lifetime movies, so I can understand the thought process of cyber heroes like Barnes.
Three Seasons
AG
He (Mark F. Barnes) was in contact with the family.
  • If true, and he was in contact with the family, then why was there confusion about the GoFundMe page and why was it not posted to the Facebook accounts of the family members. If funding was being sought ~ seems to me that the more eyes taken to the funding site the better.
  • No Jacob family member mentioned anything about the funding effort, no traditional media outlet, nor any additional social media site. Seems like TexAgs was the only major social media site that I know of that was used for promoting this fund drive.

They (Jacob Family) knew about the fund.
  • Then why have Mark F. Barnes as the middle man? He could have been the main promotion person and still have the GoFundMe site deposit funds in a Jacob family account. There is no tax benefit to pushing the cash through a Barnes account before distribution.
So why all the smoke? It seems like there is more at risk here for Barnes, maybe jail time ~ who knows. I do not believe that he set this up with the intent to give the funds to the family. If he did then they would have been more involved ~ like knowing about the funding effort
Texaggie7nine
I doubt he thought it all out. He probably just figured, "wow if I'm the first one to start a donation campaign, I will be super cool in everyone's eyes" . So he threw up the gofundme site to make sure he was first then worry about getting the $ to them once he got it.
7nine
itsyourboypookie
quote:
I doubt he thought it all out. He probably just figured, "wow if I'm the first one to start a donation campaign, I will be super cool in everyone's eyes" . So he threw up the gofundme site to make sure he was first then worry about getting the $ to them once he got it.

Mark?
Texaggie7nine
Just look at his TA history. He has yet to actually try to scam $ out of people on TA. Dogs don't **** where they eat. This was where he was feeding his ego, not his wallet.
7nine
Chazz03
AG
quote:
Just look at his TA history. He has yet to actually try to scam $ out of people on TA. Dogs don't **** where they eat. This was where he was feeding his ego, not his wallet.

Mark?
Three Seasons
AG
I place more value and credibility in his criminal history...but it looks like you are just trolling the thread. If you really believed half of your posts here then Barnes should be contacting you for a venture capital investment for his new Oil Exploration start-up in Djibouti.
SteveBott
AG
Three seasons please confirm with 100% certainty that Mr Barnes has a criminal record. Yes I've seen the records posted. But tie those record by cross reference to confirm those are his. I'll wait for that post.

And civil records are not what I'm asking for and I know that too.
Chazz03
AG
quote:
Three seasons please confirm with 100% certainty that Mr Barnes has a criminal record. Yes I've seen the records posted. But tie those record by cross reference to confirm those are his. I'll wait for that post.

Really. ..wow

Steve, who is Brandon that you keep mentioning?
Texaggie7nine
Show me one time where he attempted to defraud someone of $ on his long posting history on TA.

You people do not understand Narcissistic personality disorder.
7nine
FriscoKid
AG
quote:

Judge Judy posts in cesspool? Interesting.
ag92tx
quote:

Let me guess. He got you to delete his drivers license pictures on the big thread so now it will be hard to cross reference.
ag92tx
Three Seasons
AG
Wow Steve...I would love to confirm (with 100% certainty) that Mark F. Barnes criminal record for you but wouldn't it be easier for you to just call him and ask? I'm sure that he would be truthful with you. You seem to be closer to Mark than I am and I'm sure that it would not endanger your friendship with him.

I am I am trying to cross reference to the information below ~ it is really hard because I keep getting sent back to this primary source from Brazos County...and you have already seen this information...I guess you are right ~ Mark F. Barnes and this guy are probably not the same person ~ then again

Sorry for the botched formatting, but you get the idea. Primary source, 2 priors, guilty by bench.

You are defending a felon...

In the 85TH DISTRICT COURT
Brazos County, TexasCause No. 20773-85
STATE OF TEXAS VS. MARK FREDERICK BARNES
Defendant

Barnes, Mark Frederick2797 Shamrock CircleMontgomery, Tx 77316White Male 6' 252 04/09/1962
Defense Attorneys

Erratt, Bruce L (Bar # 06648900)
Case Information

Filed on 10/31/199106/20/91-THEFT < 750 W/ 2 PRIORS3rd Degree FelonyCurrent Status: Disposed
Disposition Information

06/29/1992 - Z-guiltyPresiding Judge: UNKNOWN, UNKNOWNConfinement: TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS - 20 Years
Hearings

01/10/1992
Friday
9:00am
PRETRIAL03/02/1992Monday8:30amFREE TEXT03/02/1992Monday8:30amFINAL PRETRIAL03/23/1992Monday9:00amPLEA03/24/1992Tuesday8:30amPLEA06/08/1992Monday9:00amPLEA06/29/1992Monday9:00amPLEA
Events and Orders of the Court

09/12/2002
NOTE06/29/1992$DISP06/29/1992GUILTY BY BENCH06/29/1992SENTENCED BY BENCH10/31/1991$FILE10/31/1991CASE FILED BY INDICTMENT10/23/1991ORDER APPOINTING ATTORNEY

itsyourboypookie
Seems legit
The Collective
AG
quote:

Brandon Jones, one of the TA owners.
ag92tx
Hey what do you know. His DL pics (where address and name matched the countless arrest reports) and the replies talking about them are now conveniently gone off that thread.

Shocking

Bwahahhhaha

Cover them tracks Stevie
Three Seasons
AG
Cross referencing is not needed when the information is found within a primary database.

Now ask Mark F. Barnes to deny his felony record in Brazos County, Texas.

* Why is TexAgs interested in deleting the information from the Mark F. Barnes threads?
The Collective
AG
I'm sure someone archived the whole thread. Texags is serious business and users act accordingly.
Chazz03
AG
quote:
quote:

Brandon Jones, one of the TA owners.

Just making sure steve was not confusing the brad and Brandon that barnes couldn't keep straight as his sons name
Texaggie7nine
I've got the google doc with all the links. Plenty of Petty theft, CC fraud and forgery.
7nine
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Why are people still so upset about this guy? Lying on the Internet isn't exactly Murder 1.
Three Seasons
AG
Everything blew up because Barnes didn't cover his tracks. Now (supposedly) someone with editing privileges is cleaning up the threads per TexAgs policy.

Even with the thread cleansing the facts still remain. Mark F. Barnes is a felon. While he probably never cheated any TexAgs member out of money ~ still does not take away the fact that he has a criminal record of doing the same to others.

*Edit* I'm not upset about this guy. I am just wondering why some Ags are defending him ~ which they are not ~ they are just trolling the thread. But just one last thought...how do you feel knowing that he has (by deleted pictures) a pawn shop '82 Aggie Ring and has represented himself as a petroleum engineering PhD graduate of Texas A&M University?
Chazz03
AG
I'm kinda over barnes, not really digging his defenders though. But maybe I'm being dense.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
But just one last thought...how do you feel knowing that he has (by deleted pictures) a pawn shop '82 Aggie Ring and has represented himself as a petroleum engineering PhD graduate of Texas A&M University?
I dislike the person who pawned their Aggie ring off a lot more than the person who bought it.

And if people are too stupid to check a guy's credentials on where he has a degree from, that's their problem.
Texaggie7nine
I'm not defending anyone. I'm pointing out what is obvious.

I'm not some emotional driven villager with a pitch fork.
7nine
Chazz03
AG
quote:
quote:
But just one last thought...how do you feel knowing that he has (by deleted pictures) a pawn shop '82 Aggie Ring and has represented himself as a petroleum engineering PhD graduate of Texas A&M University?
I dislike the person who pawned their Aggie ring off a lot more than the person who bought it.

And if people are too stupid to check a guy's credentials on where he has a degree from, that's their problem.

Alright somebody else that thinks the ring makes the Ag. I would hate to think of the reasons that a person would sell their ring but I bet it's more noble than the reason for buying someone else's.
carpe vinum
AG
Lay off Bott.
Barnes is a ********er, no doubt, but Bott is a good dude.
He's just trying to do what's right for everyone involved.
Maroon Skittles
Barnes is a scumbag... classic scam artist... I can't believe the people willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on the gofundme site issue. He is paying the money back in hopes that he doesn't have criminal charges pressed against him!

Now, on another issue raised by powerbiscuit:

quote:
speaking of spirit tags...

we can give a guy a spirit tag for having a fake business and giving us fifty bucks, but we take away agtags from real ags because they won't link up their texags account with their AFS account [/texag mgmt]

great job, dumbasses

(not you Bott)

You speak the truth, brother! I had a verified AgTag under the old system and had it taken away because I don't want the foundation hounding me all the time. They don't need my email. TexAgs is crap for taking away legitimate AgTags that were previously verified.

Lungblood
what an ongoing sheet show.
Redstone

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.