Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Games on Apple TV?

9,313 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by R A G O N K
MaroonGoons2020
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
By the way, Apple Tv will be offering HBO a la carte for 14.99 per month. No contract. I think other networks will get in on this as well in the future. And as one poster stated, this could be the kiss of death for cable or at least better prices or options for the consumer. The cable companies have been holding back networks from offering standalone services. Well, with HBO Go leading the way, things are about to change in my opinion.
Jack Cheese
AG
Wow, all these new innovative ways of delivering content that people want! Good thing Net Neutrality will bring it all under the control of bureaucratic regulators who will get to decide what is "fair and reasonable"!

Thanks hipsters. Fantastic job letting Jon Oliver decide what you should think.
Helms96
AG
quote:
Firstrowsports has been seized.
What does this mean?!?!? That is the only way I have been able to get the games over here.
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
quote:
Ditch Sat/Cable, get your Apple TV (I like Roku better), if a game is on CBS, you can watch it on cbssports.com, if not, pop over to firstrowsports with your laptop hooked to your TV.

I pay $8 a month (Netflix) for TV and still watch live sports. Been doing this for about 3 years now.

Do you also steal food, gas, and clothes?

Before it got shut down, First row had a crap ton of pop-ups. So while I'm not sure who, somebody was getting paid.
billtheag89
AG
Anyone else have problems watching Aggie baseball and softball Saturday on WatchESPN? Mine was bouncing between HD to worse than SD, occasionally without the sound. Mine was via Amazon FireStick with SL 50 MB/s. Tested other HD movies and TV shows without a problem. Speedtest showed normal performance on other devices. Curious if we had more Ags and Barners tuning in than ESPN provisioned bandwidth?
lennonjunior
quote:
I tried watching the Texas A&M vs. South Carolina game using my Apple Tv through the watchespn App. Bad idea. Lots of buffering issues and freezes. I was also reading at the time that others were having issues with the game watching it using the watchespn app regardless of the device. Apparently, when it is a high profile game, the WatchEspn App struggles. Maybe it is better now, but it wasn't then. I don't know if sling is any better for streaming a high demand game, but if you want reliability, don't rely on the WatchEspn App for big games unless it has gotten better. Can any of you all confirm that sling does a good job at playing games with many viewers tuned in.

I watched the same game on my laptop through the WatchESPN App hooked up to my tv. I did not have any issues, streamed it in HD with no lag. I have since purchased a Roku device and stream WatchESPN through it using my FIL's account. I have noticed that after watching a particular event for a while (sometimes 30 min others 2 hrs) it will have issues and I have to close out of the App, wait a bit and get back into it. Other than that though I am pleased with it!
MaroonGoons2020
AG
Good to know. Could you tell me if you were running windows or a mac operating system, some specs of your laptop, and your internet speed.
55-99
AG
It looks like Apple TV is going to have their own version of Sling for $30-$40/month including local channels. I think that should probably hit later this year.

The Roku stick is only $50 if you're going that route. I just bought one for my parents. They like it.
R A G O N K
quote:
I'm looking at alternatives to cable (I currently have UVerse), so I'd like to hear from those with Apple TV and other streaming devices what your experience is with being able to get all games. Can you get the games on SEC Network through WatchESPN? How about the games on CBS? What are the pros and cons?
R A G O N K
quote:
It looks like Apple TV is going to have their own version of Sling for $30-$40/month including local channels. I think that should probably hit later this year.

The Roku stick is only $50 if you're going that route. I just bought one for my parents. They like it.

Where can you get the Roku stick?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.