Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Season Predictions

11,262 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SECTAMU#1
Bluecat_Aggie94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think OP has a subscription to next year's newspaper.
No Spin Ag
quote:
Arizona State- W 35-21
Ball State- W 59-17
Nevada- W 48-32
Arkansas- L 38-35 (OT)
Mississippi St- W 14-10
Alabama- L 45-44
Ole Miss- W 20-7
South Carolina- W 40-28
Auburn- L 24-19
Western Carolina- W 65-23
Vanderbilt- W 39-26
LSU- L 42-37

If we lose 4 games this year there's something seriously wrong with the team/coaches. There's no reason we should lose 3 games this year, and even if we do, those should be nail biters.
tjack16
AG
9-3 with losses to either Arkansas-or-Mississippi State, Alabama and Auburn.

Bowl win brings the record to 10-3.
snowdog90
Losses to ASU, Bama and Arky. 9-3.

Or better.
MicheIangeIo
AG
quote:
quote:
Are you saying our defense is going to suck as much this season as it did last season?

Assuming the injury bug doesn't bite early like it did last year. It's hard to assume the defense will be like it was last year. Almost has to improve regardless
Players get hurt on every team. There is a better chance that every starter gets hurt than no player gets hurt.
Spiritofaggieland
AG
I think 8 wins is the floor and 11 wins is the ceiling, but a 9 win season is most plausible with losses to Arkansas, Auburn, and Alabama.
Motel California
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
Are you saying our defense is going to suck as much this season as it did last season?

Assuming the injury bug doesn't bite early like it did last year. It's hard to assume the defense will be like it was last year. Almost has to improve regardless
Players get hurt on every team. There is a better chance that every starter gets hurt than no player gets hurt.
Yes but LBer was a weakness last year and we caught some key injuries there and early. That's what I'm saying. If that doesn't happen this upcoming season you have to believe it would almost be impossible for the defense to not improve some.

Then factor in the young guys from last year that were great (Watts and Garrett) They have last years experince and a years worth of Strength and conditioning.

In coming freshman will help with depth at some positions. I think the defense improves by 10-35 spots in the rankings
MicheIangeIo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes but LBer was a weakness last year and we caught some key injuries there and early. That's what I'm saying. If that doesn't happen this upcoming season you have to believe it would almost be impossible for the defense to not improve some.

Then factor in the young guys from last year that were great (Watts and Garrett) They have last years experince and a years worth of Strength and conditioning.

In coming freshman will help with depth at some positions. I think the defense improves by 10-35 spots in the rankings
I don't think you can bank on true freshman making any significant contributions except for a small group of guys-particularly I don't think you can expect Garner, George, Durham, or Thomas to do anything of substance next year. We were ranked 103 in yards given up last year, and even if we move up 35 spots we are still in the bottom half of the league. Not gonna cut it in SEC West.
Motel California
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't think you can bank on true freshman making any significant contributions except for a small group of guys-particularly I don't think you can expect Garner, George, Durham, or Thomas to do anything of substance next year. We were ranked 103 in yards given up last year, and even if we move up 35 spots we are still in the bottom half of the league. Not gonna cut it in SEC West.

Expect for guys Watts and Garett that were probably the actual strength of the defense last year.

I fully expect Mack to make a difference in our 2-deep. With possibly 1 or 2 from the following group. Lockhart, Moore, Pryor, Thomas and Dunning.
Spicewood Ag
AG
Honest prediction: we stumble into 8 or 9 wins and start this whole process over again and say the same things we are right now, next year's offseason
Spicewood Ag
AG
How long was watts hurt and not playing? I feel like he disappeared for a while
MicheIangeIo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Expect for guys Watts and Garett that were probably the strength of the actual defense last year.

I fully expect Mack to make a difference in our 2-deep. With possibly 1 or 2 from the following group. Lockhart, Moore, Pryor, Thomas and Dunning.
Yea no kidding Watts and Garrett (a 5 star) were big last year. I said only a small handful of guys will make a difference (obviously including Mack). We signed 12 defensive guys this year, some of them will be redshirted and most of them will have limited roles.
MicheIangeIo
AG
quote:
Honest prediction: we stumble into 8 or 9 wins and start this whole process over again and say the same things we are right now, next year's offseason
JonSnow
If we are 3-5 in conference with the current talent on board, then we are have a new coach this time next year.
MicheIangeIo
AG
quote:
If we are 3-5 in conference with the current talent on board, then we are have a new coach this time next year.
Sumlin will be back, even if we go winless in conference.
JonSnow
uh no.
Motel California
S
Lots of conflicting opinions that a polar opposites of each other

bump worthy in 10 months?
MicheIangeIo
AG
quote:
Lots of conflicting opinions that a polar opposites of each other

bump worthy in 10 months?
You would get banned.
Spicewood Ag
AG
Yeah It's part of Staff's new initiative to prevent crow-eating
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
I just love how everyone is BANKING on this "Chavis Defense"... as if it's just Chavis out there on the field and he's really good.... Our defense is still going to suck and we are going 8-5 again

So you think a chavis D with more pieces will be the same as a snyder D with less?
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
I just love how everyone is BANKING on this "Chavis Defense"... as if it's just Chavis out there on the field and he's really good.... Our defense is still going to suck and we are going 8-5 again
I've read a lot of dumb statements from smart people. This is not an example of that.
snowdog90
I like our lb's.

Hilliard
Washington
Alaka
Walker

plus some returning guys, plus 5 new guys who were highly recruited.

Secondary is much the same. DL should be very good. Chavis' most impressive trait to me is his ability to field top defenses despite youth and attrition. We'll see if he continues this ability for the Ags. I expect him to be the same great coach he's always been.
Spicewood Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
I've read a lot of dumb statements from smart people. This is not an example of that.
Thank you for your input
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
I don't think you can bank on true freshman making any significant contributions

FriscoKid
AG
Glad you were able to understand me.
MicheIangeIo
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't think you can bank on true freshman making any significant contributions

k
Spicewood Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

So you think a chavis D with more pieces will be the same as a snyder D with less?
Here's what I think: we will Improve defensively, but only to the point that we don't get ripped in games like 59-0. Closer losses but same record.
Spicewood Ag
AG
AAAAND I still contend that Auburn was a fluke... so yeah, same record will be an improvement
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Here's what I think: we will Improve defensively, but only to the point that we don't get ripped in games like 59-0. Closer losses but same record.
I hope you host some game watching parties. You sound like you would be a great host.
AmericanAg1776
10-2, with losses coming from Bama and LSU or Auburn. There's absolutely no reason to believe that we will have the same results as last year, as our offense has much more experience and the defense gaining huge help from Mack and obviously Chavis, not to mention the other recruits we've gained. In addition, star players like Garrett and Watts are only going to get better. If you're telling me that our defense is still gonna suck with the first time two UA All-Americans are on the same line, then you gotta reevaluate your concepts of a defense.
Spicewood Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I hope you host some game watching parties. You sound like you would be a great host.
You seem like you were home-schooled
MicheIangeIo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So if you don't think the Aggies will go undefeated every year, then you are a bad fan? You are a moron.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So if you don't think the Aggies will go undefeated every year, then you are a bad fan? You are a moron.
No, but not being excited about what Chavis is going to do for this team does make you a bad fan.

Are we going to the playoffs? I highly doubt it, but we are going to be a lot better next year. To say that we are going to suck less makes both of you look like really bad fans.
MicheIangeIo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, but not being excited about what Chavis is going to do for this team does make you a bad fan.

Are we going to the playoffs? I highly doubt it, but we are going to be a lot better next year. To say that we are going to suck less makes both of you look like really bad fans.
I think the defense will be better, but we are still gonna lose at least 2 games. Just because I am not a delusional koolaid drinker like you, doesn't mean I don't support the team.
FriscoKid
AG
We were 11-2 last year?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.