Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Still want TEXAS AGGIES in end zones

14,711 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by cecil77
Brazos Ag 1970
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am a huge, ginormous advocate of "TEXAS AGGIES" - so much so that some here on TexAgs find it annoying - and I'd like to see 'TEXAS AGGIES" in the end zone maybe once per year-ish right now. Great branding opportunity for "TEXAS A&M" right now, so I'm okay with that in the end zones more often. But I'm essentially in agreement with the OP in principle.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
Won't happen as long as Jason Cook is here.
I'm a big supporter of Cook, and feel we are very fortunate to have him. I don't care about orange water coolers and I like the bevel. The only point with which I disagree with Jason is the "TEXAS AGGIES" deal. He's helping our branding go through the damn roof, and he's helping us ultimately become a bigger, stronger and more powerful school.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
quote:
would you be in favor of the Florida Seminoles?
Oklahoma Cowboys
Oregon Beavers?
Kansas Wildcats?
Michigan Spartans?
etc
etc
Carnwell, this is an inaccurate argument. For one thing, you've chosen poorly, because the Michigan State Spartans used to be the Michigan Aggies, the Kansas State Wildcats used to be Kansas A&M, and were the Kansas Aggies (they still call the bar/entertainment district near campus "Aggieville"), the Oklahoma State Cowboys used to be Oklahoma A&M, the Oklahoma Aggies, etc.
Deputy Travis Junior

Hot damn I just can't get enough of that bevel or Texas A&M Aggies goodness
tbirdspur2010
AG
Dat bevel looks so sharp doe
Deputy Travis Junior
Unbelievably sharp. It's the lightsaber of logos.
Smithjg
The Spirit of Aggieland ends with the chant
"T-E-X-A-S A-G-G-I-E", The War Hymn has in its first verse (which I sing!) "Good luck to the dear old Texas Aggies", "The Twelfth Man" has "Texas Aggies down in Aggieland" to name a few. So which Yells or Songs refer to us as the Texas A&M AGGIES? None. Other than the last several years there has been very few references to us as the Texas A&M Aggies and fits due to this branding BS by Byrne and Cook. We are the Fightin' Texas Aggies!
WILDMAN95
AG
That bevel just looks......broken.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Unbelievably sharp. It's the lightsaber of logos.

It does bother me slightly that the "A" and "M" are not centered under the serifs of the "T," however.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
We need a TEXAS AGGIES maroon out.

The student body can do this. TEXAS AGGIES on the front
SEC with the shape of Texas on the back.

It seems 95%+ of all Texas Aggies agree. I NEVER buy anything with Texas A&M Aggies on it. Ever hear "We are the Texas A&M Aggies, the Texas A&M Aggies are we?"

I like Jason Cook however.
cecil77
AG
Jason has a good attitude about it, and is a good person to work with.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.