Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

FWIW-Michigan offers 6 years 49 million

16,168 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Madden
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
to Harbaugh.
quote:
Per a report from CBS reporter Joe Pequeno out of KPHO in Phoenix, Arizona, Michigan's offer to Jim Harbaugh is for six years and 49 million dollars.
If these numbers are correct, it would make Harbaugh the highest paid coach in college football. Nick Saban at Alabama is currently the highest paid coach in the NCAA at 7.3 million/year. Those numbers at 8+ million/year would also make him the highest paid coach in either college or the NFL, as Sean Payton in New Orleans and Pete Carroll in Seattle make an even 8 million/year.
Link
THEamc
AG
That's Alot of $$$$$$.
Jason C.
AG
Horry ship
texag713
TIL Michigan is more innovative than us.
Aero95
AG
They're not messing around!
SpicewoodAg
AG
College football is losing its mind.
Texas Tide
AG
Welp...Michigan is desperate.
marble rye
AG
Or they have more money to spend bc not a damn thing is going on up there on their campus.
Aero95
AG
Will they be more successful than the sips with their plan to money-whip their #1 target?
Knife_Party
And how likely is he to take that kind of money and leave the NFL?
Scientific
AG
quote:
Agreed.
CentexAg
AG
If Harbaugh turns the thing around they'll make that whole contract back in 1 season. College Football isn't out of control- the fans willingness to spend money is.
Ervin Burrell
AG
quote:
Welp...Michigan wants to win and doesn't limit its national search to the nearest metro area of greater than 1 million people.
FIFY.
The Debt
quote:
College football is getting more transparent.
texag713
quote:

They don't have a choice. It's an investment. If they keep losing they risk destroying their storied brand.
No Spin Ag
So that's what failing upwards is. Damn!
Post removed:
by user
NorthshoreAg
aggiebones
AG
Coaches r important.
U see what hire a middling coach will do 4 u.
look at Hoke.
AGSWINAGAIN
Michigan state income tax = 4.25% (????)

aggieaviator
AG
College football is a $$$$ industry with tons to go around. Also a very high turnover rate for the big men on top so the stress is there. Expect these salaries to continue to soar. I picked the wrong profession.
Aggie
AG
quote:

Completely agree
It's getting out of control.
So many thought we were off our rockers when we made Jackie the first million dollar coach... And now you have contracts like these.

It won't be long college coaches will be making $10 million a year.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
College football is a $$ industry with tons to go around. Also a very high turnover rate for the big men on top so the stress is there. Expect these salaries to continue to soar. I picked the wrong profession.
Judging from your username, I would guess your being competent consistently is a tad more important. Coaches can have disastrous days and hardly no one dies, well, except for some couches in West Virginia.
Bankeraggie
AG
quote:

You guys still don't appreciate how much money is made at the top.
CrottyKid
AG
We should be so bold.
aggiesq
AG
he's a ***** and I don't like him, but he may be the only guy worth every penny of that to Michigan. the 49ers are freakin morons.

and for those who think the sky is falling in college football, they've been saying that for a long long time. it's just a reflection of the money to be made.
SpicewoodAg
AG
quote:
quote:

This X eleventybillion
That's why I won't buy season tickets. It just isn't worth that much money for six games a year.
SpicewoodAg
AG
quote:
he's a ***** and I don't like him, but he may be the only guy worth every penny of that to Michigan. the 49ers are freakin morons.

and for those who think the sky is falling in college football, they've been saying that for a long long time. it's just a reflection of the money to be made.
The problem (to me at least) is that the money to be made is ever larger by fewer and fewer schools. I think it is bad for college sports to have more have nots, at the mercy of the haves.

As they say - it is professional college sports. I hardly pay any attention to professional sports anymore and in a few years I'm afraid college sports won't hold my attention when prices are even higher and less an amateur sport.

Maybe that would be good anyway. I wouldn't spend so much time here. I wouldn't care about our next defensive coordinator.
aggiehawg
AG
OT, but it's my thread. So, guess those conference networks weren't such a bad idea, eh?? Right now, every AD in the Big XII is hearing this and wondering how in hell will they ever be able to compete for elite coaches??

They simply won't.
AgsMyDude
AG
The bubble continues to expand.
Bunny Ag
Horry sheet
JPK89
AG
Now that is innovative......
Sex Panther
AG
Amateur athletics
Miles711
AG
It's like the Cold War, the obvious way we win this is to hire Saban as DC (and hc in waiting) for $9mil a year.

Also, we need satellites that shoot down their forward passes from space.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.