Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Muschamp offer

21,480 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Ridge14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
http://i.imgur.com/p3msG5h.jpg
lmao
Sandman98
AG
Rumor is we offered Venables the same thing. LOL
Ridge14
First to accept gets it
CrottyKid
AG
And Florida had NO offense. Their numbers would look like Clemson's if they had the same offense.

Maybe Sumlin gets the OU band back together?
Kevin Wilson as OC/OL
Venables as DC/LB
Maybe Spav stays as QB coach, maybe he is replaced by someone Wilson picks.

It sure would fit nicely.
Nino Brown
If you build it they will come, or if you pay them. My only issue with Boom is he is not in favor of an up tempo offense, which is well documented. One of the biggest money programs in the game made a leap of faith into the best division/conference in the land and also spent 500 million on stadium upgrades. At this point you have no choice but to pay whatever it takes to be competitive, hence why Sumlin gets paid what he does. It's more of a statement than anything else.
Madden
I heard the 1.5 million as well
bobbyb0322
OP will end up being correct.

Book it.
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
Comparing teams in different conferences is not Apples to Apples, but...

Clemson 2014
Rush Defense #7
Pass Defense #2
Scoring Defense #8
Tackles for loss #1
Red Zone Defense #18

Florida 2014
Rush Defense #12
Pass Defense #32
Scoring Defense #23
Tackles for Loss #19
Red Zone Defense #51

Both are so much better than A&M...Ags not even on the same page.

Clemson Schedule:

Georgia L, 45-21
South Carolina State W, 73-7
Florida State L 23-17
North Carolina W, 50-35
NC State W, 41-0
Louisville W, 23-17
Boston College W, 17-13
Syracuse W, 16-6
Wake Forest W, 34-20
Georgia Tech L 28-6
Georgia State W 28-0

Florida schedule:

Eastern Michigan Won 65-0
Kentucky Won 36-30
Alabama Lost 42-21
Tennessee Won 10-9
LSU Lost 30-27
Missouri Lost 42-13
Georgia Bulldogs Won 38-32
Vanderbilt Won 34-10
South Carolina Lost 23-20
Eastern Kentucky Won 52-3
AggielandPoultry
AG
Also Clemson has been recruiting as well as any SEC team. They have been pretty damn loaded and playing lesser teams overall.
jwal
What would make for some real theatre would be either Venables or Muschamp, especially Muschamp, coaching Aggie D in a game where Spav's play calling would yield 2 first down and a bunch of three and outs. That sideline would lively and candid, neither would have a lot of patience nor take quietly having their D subjected to such extremes. Might just be the right tonic
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I would like it to be Muschamp and I would like it to be announced before we play tu in our bowl game.
HossAg
AG
quote:
I would like it to be Muschamp and I would like it to be announced before we play tu in our bowl game.

That. Will. Never. Happen.
permabull
AG
Bachelor99
AG
I'd be ok with sumlin bringing back the ou connection with Venables @ DC & Kevin Wilson @ OC
lil_frog8
AG
Post his buyout ridiculously high and we could make a profit "flipping" a DC. (HGTV is on in the kitchen)
AgsMyDude
AG
AGHouston11
AG
quote:
quote:
Sorry, but I just don't get all the love by the zoo for Muschamp.
If he were that great of a D mind, then why didn't the gators do better than they did??
Because he doesn't know **** about offense.

Maybe you should think about him sticking to only defense?

How is this logic any different than Sumlin?
So Muschamp was one great Offensive Coordinator hire from being a great head coach?
I think this is the year Kirby leaves and Champ winds up at Bama with Saban. Second guess would be South Carolina. Third would be FSU. Regardless, I can't see him coming to College Station and working for Sumlin.
AgBeliever
AG
Yeah, it does seem to be a stretch.

However, would Bama, SC or FSU offer 1.5 mil a year?
WCB91
AG
quote:
Comparing teams in different conferences is not Apples to Apples, but...

Clemson 2014
Rush Defense #7
Pass Defense #2
Scoring Defense #8
Tackles for loss #1
Red Zone Defense #18

Florida 2014
Rush Defense #12
Pass Defense #32
Scoring Defense #23
Tackles for Loss #19
Red Zone Defense #51

AGREE!

Both are so much better than A&M...Ags not even on the same page.

TyHolden
AG
quote:
I think this is the year Kirby leaves and Champ winds up at Bama with Saban. Second guess would be South Carolina. Third would be FSU. Regardless, I can't see him coming to College Station and working for Sumlin.
i think it's fsu for muschamp. he already shares a beach house with jimbo.

i'll be happy with venables or narduzzi as well.
Aginnebraska
AG
So, did Florida buyout the remainder of Muschamp contract? I thought usually if a fired coach got re-hired immediately it would negate the buyout. If so why would Muschamp accept any less money than he would earn from his buyout?
pagerman @ work
AG
quote:
Sorry, but I just don't get all the love by the zoo for Muschamp.
If he were that great of a D mind, then why didn't the gators do better than they did??

Dude can coach:

Nice Guy Eddie
AG
Muschamp's Florida money is guaranteed no matter what happens with his new job.

"Money will be no object". Sumlin will probably be given a Carte Blanche to go get the best available. We have to protect our $450 mill investment and a gap of 300-400k here or there will probably not stand in the way of the absolute best hire. Sumlin needs to take under consideration the staying power, comfort level, and recruiting ability of the possible hire. That's why I think at some point, the arrow will start pointing at Venables.

Having said that, I think Sumlin was already very ready for this search but will wait and see how all the HC changes shake out first, to see what Pelini, Chavis, Bud Foster etc are looking like before making his move.
He will compete championships and coach the best players at Bama or FSU. USC is a HCIW opportunity. A&M is a project.
Bajan
AG
He can come to A&M, make a ton of money (no state income tax), learn sumlins offense (I picture him, spav and sumlin holding workshops all summer long), get credit for building a d at an SEC school again and leave in two years to go try HC again.

Everyone wins.
TSUAggie
quote:
quote:
We're not paying a fired hc $1.5 mil to coach defense.

Might be a fired HC, but one of the best DC's in America.

A&M will open the check books to money whip whoever they want to, believe me

The same way tu could money whip any HC they wanted? If Muschamp took this job he would take a chance on career suicide if things didn't do we'll here.
Post removed:
by user
Bonfire1996
AG
A guy like muschamp isn't anything but confident in his abilities. He might look at the talent level, but that's about it, and that is a big "might". He think anyone he coaches will be good.

And he isn't going to bama. Kirby should have had a head job three years ago, but saban overshadows. Muschamp fields a top defense there, its expected. The bar is much lower here for him to look like a miracle worker. Same goes fot FSU, their greatness is expected.
JP77040
Muschamp is very good as a DC. He just wasn't good as a Head Coach. He got the Florida job because of that. You better offer him something - because the other SEC schools DO REALIZE he is that good of a defensive coordinator, and they will.
BBQ4Me
AG
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feidef

Better stats.

Clemson is #1
Florida is #12

Muschamp had the disadvantage of also being the HC.
Either one would be a huge upgrade and is worth at least $1 mil/yr.
NyAggie
AG
quote:
What would make for some real theatre would be either Venables or Muschamp, especially Muschamp, coaching Aggie D in a game where Spav's play calling would yield 2 first down and a bunch of three and outs.

Or maybe the offense could get into a rhythm if it had more than a possession every 5-10 minutes if game clock because the defense couldn't get itself off the field

Allowing 7 and a half minute drives is not a recipe for getting an uptempo offense into a rhythm, or any offense

Works both ways

DM44
quote:
What would make for some real theatre would be either Venables or Muschamp, especially Muschamp, coaching Aggie D in a game where Spav's play calling would yield 2 first down and a bunch of three and outs. That sideline would lively and candid, neither would have a lot of patience nor take quietly having their D subjected to such extremes. Might just be the right tonic
If this happens, after about 3 series of bubble screens that go nowhere, I can see Muschamp walking over to Spav and scream in his ear so loud that Spav thinks he was assaulted. Spav looks at Sumlin, and Sumlin just shrugs his shoulders and continues looking at the field.

Whatever it takes to win.

dmart90
AG
quote:
And Narduzzi is completely out of the question, he already turned down Sumlin 2 years ago. Don't know why his name is even being brought up.
'Cause situations don't change...
ashley
Everybody says we have great players. Do we really have a bunch of great players.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.