Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

BZ on Snyder

18,014 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If he could be hired at a major program as head coach, he would not be defensive coordinator right now at Alabama. He has interviewed for major programs, but not gotten the job.

He could get a job like Indiana or Iowa State or Vanderbilt easily, but thats not what he wants.

I'm not beating the drum for Muschamp. Unless we fix the bigger issues, it won't matter who the DC is. I was just pointing out that you really don't know what you are talking about.
AgsMyDude
AG
quote:
Unless we fix the bigger issues, it won't matter who the DC is. I was just pointing out that you really don't know what you are talking about.

What are these bigger issues?
BMX Bandit
physicalness
sense of entitlement
toughness
bert harbinson
AG
quote:
physicalness
sense of entitlement
toughness

How did we get so quickly to these sip-like issues without reaching any meaningful team goals?
AgsMyDude
AG
quote:
physicalness
sense of entitlement
toughness
A new fiery DC could fix 1 and 3 for sure. Why "fix those issues" and then bring in a DC?
Eric Forman
AG
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
physicalness
sense of entitlement
toughness
A new DC is how you fix those issues.
BMX Bandit
Possibly. Hopefully.

The Chicken Ranch
AG
I'm all for dumping Snyder and getting Muschamp if we can. I think he can fix the three issues BMX identified.

But that brings up the question about Coach Bubble Screen. He is equally just as terrible and probably cost us as many games as Snyder with his atrocious play calling.
weeza
AG
quote:
Does no one remember the negative comments Muschamp made about College Station when we played them in 2012? He is not moving to College Station.
You are officially a dumbass. Congratulations. Much amp may not end up here, but it won't be because he doesn't like BCS.
sbarnett84
AG
quote:
Why all the love for Muschump? I really do not get it. I don't care about the CStat comments. Don't care about any of the other **** that don't matter that does not affect coaching. What has he done in the last few years? The national champion LSU team that he coached were all Saban recruits. He did nothing special with Auburn, Texas or Florida. He is a waste of money in my opinion. We need to look at how Bama handles their business. They have 3 guys who could be head coaches anywhere they want. Saban , Kiffen, and Smart. This board is infatuated with a guy that just got FIRED for not getting the job done. There are bigger and better fish out there.
Kiffen got FIRED for not getting his job done. Saban rescued his career.
jwal
I like Ed Orgeron. As others said above I think there's other issues at play that are equally problematic

I recall the 2009 Texas game at CS - where Coach "F-bomb" Muschamp didn't want his vaunted defense on the field another 5 minutes with the 6-6 Aggies in that 49-39 shootout that was supposed to be a Longhorn blowout.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
What has he done in the last few years? The national champion LSU team that he coached were all Saban recruits. He did nothing special with Auburn, Texas or Florida. He is a waste of money in my opinion. We need to look at how Bama handles their business. They have 3 guys who could be head coaches anywhere they want. Saban , Kiffen, and Smart. This board is infatuated with a guy that just got FIRED for not getting the job done. There are bigger and better fish out there.
Point #1 - everyone pretty much agrees that his defense at FL is sout, and it's the offense that's the problem. He got fired as a HC, but is regarded as a damn good DC.

Point #2 - Kiffen has been fired as a HC one place, and left another before anyone could know he was not good.
BMX Bandit
Ogeron? Are you kidding? Or clueless?
mpaggie06
AG
I've said plenty of bad things about CS.
jwal
Yeah bandit, I like Orgeron. What clues do you have about this?
BMX Bandit
There's a reason he's never been a coordinator.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.