Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

BZ on Snyder

17,999 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BMX Bandit
bigboykin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I've been to Gainesville and it's not much different than College Station.

I'm going to assume none of the CS bashers have been to Gville. Other that being 1.5 hrs from the beach, it's pretty much the same - a college town with a 120k population, within a couple hrs from 2 big cities, not a major business/industry hub or tourist attraction...

I don't know when people will get it through their heads that people say a lot of things, especially to get a laugh out of an audience full of boosters and other team supporters. That doesn't mean that each of these statements is their life's guiding principle.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Having had the great opportunity to be around some great coaches the past few years in settings outside of football has opened my eyes to the profession. Most of these men are good friends. I imagined years ago there must be some bad blood and I'm sure in some cases there is but I'm amazed how close these guys are and most have been on different staffs together at some point in their career. Ever wonder how they get fired one day and the next they are somewhere else? Whatever we as fans think is true means jack squat to the reality.
Where is that picture of Spurrier and Slocum hamming it up at a party from years ago??

These coaches go to the same events during the off-season, some are at the awards ceremonies, and as stated often have worked together at certain stops over the course of their careers.

In the words of Ron White, "They've met."
heddy Lamarr
AG
Muschamp is a massive bag of ******
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
Muschamp is a massive bag of ******
funny how posters here know him better than his own players or Florida media - he is loved by both and he's a hell of a DC.

$1 mil may not land him... we might have to compete with South Carolina among others for his services. Him and Sumlin friends is news to me.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
BZ is an asshat
WolfofNG
AG
quote:
Does no one remember the negative comments Muschamp made about College Station when we played them in 2012?

Thanks for the reminder. I'll be sure to give him crap for it when I see him on campus.
strbrst777
The College Station remark means nothing--a non factor if ever there is one. College Station-Bryan is one of the nicer SEC town and every bit as nice as Gainesville. Gainesville is a little larger than CS, quite a bit smaller than B-CS. Gainesville metro pop is a little larger. No big thing if anything at all.
4L Aggie
AG
I'd take Muschamp in a heartbeat regardless of what he has said about us in the past. The man can coach defense and we need one in the worst way!
Spyderman
AG
quote:
CS sucks but Northgate is fun. One of the best bar scenes in the SEC. Mainly because the bars are so close together.
Thinking just the opposite...CS is fun whereas Northgate...ummm. Never go there.
evinoblanco
AG
Just drove back from Orlando which took me through Gainesville, Tallahassee and Baton Rouge...nothing really impressive about any of these towns. Kept an eye on my Joe's Crab Shack leftovers when driving through Tallahassee though.
No Spin Ag
An article about Snyder maybe being on his way out, and it hasn't been deleted by staph?

He gone?
Bunk Moreland
Gabe and Olin spent an hour basically saying he's gone, and even speculating Snyder may already know, on the show today.
Brewmaster
AG
His demeanor in the presser said all we need to know - he gone.
Throw 1.2 at Muschamp and lets win a damn Natty!
THEamc
AG
$$$$$ talks.
Rocky Rider
AG
Nothing against Snyder. He's a better DC than 100% of my fellow TexAgs. But he lost his job last week. No DC gives up 600 yds to Mizzou and keeps his job.
FCBlitz
I guess sex Panther needs to buy a vowel.
Ridge14
BFFs!!
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
Gabe and Olin spent an hour basically saying he's gone, and even speculating Snyder may already know, on the show today.
When does someone realize their defense is absolutely terrible? Does it really take 2 years for that thought to cross their mind? I still claim it's a defensive recruiting problem more than a coaching scheme problem. We HAVE to recruit defensive players that won't be one and dones (not because of being drafted in the NBA, either) or cannot make an impact on the depth chart. Our defensive recruiting has been absolutely pathetic the past 15 years.
Bunk Moreland
Sorry, I just meant they spoke about it so long with so much confidence that if they are saying it, it must be a foregone conclusion.

We've all known the defense has been **** since game 1 of last year
that poster
Hire the Fokker. It can't get much worse (or poisoned) than it's been for the last 20 years. We are irrelevant on the FBS scene outside this board.

Be be bold, be different! For Christ's sake, do something! I can't take much more of this wait until next year ca-ca!
Papa Joe
AG
Did JFF ever say any negative about College Station?
Brewmaster
AG
quote:
I still claim it's a defensive recruiting problem more than a coaching scheme problem. We HAVE to recruit defensive players that won't be one
and dones (not because of being drafted in the NBA, either) or cannot
make an impact on the depth chart. Our defensive recruiting has been
absolutely pathetic the past 15 years.

Huh? You crazy. Development has been non-existent, not recruiting. Name 1 player not on the DL that is better now than his first year? Howard Matthews? maybe. Deshazor? no, Devante? hell no, Bass? No, Mastro? No! Baggs? NO! Raven? No.
and when you NEVER ever blitz and you play 5+ yards off the receivers, of course you're going to get beat. That scheme might've worked in the Big 10 years ago, but it doesn't work in the SEC. Player development is a much bigger problem than scheme or recruiting.
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
quote:
I still claim it's a defensive recruiting problem more than a coaching scheme problem. We HAVE to recruit defensive players that won't be one
and dones (not because of being drafted in the NBA, either) or cannot
make an impact on the depth chart. Our defensive recruiting has been
absolutely pathetic the past 15 years.

Huh? You crazy. Development has been non-existent, not recruiting. Name 1 player not on the DL that is better now than his first year? Howard Matthews? maybe. Deshazor? no, Devante? hell no, Bass? No, Mastro? No! Baggs? NO! Raven? No.
and when you NEVER ever blitz and you play 5+ yards off the receivers, of course you're going to get beat. That scheme might've worked in the Big 10 years ago, but it doesn't work in the SEC. Player development is a much bigger problem than scheme or recruiting.
That's the point I was making. The guys we are recruiting, while maybe sound good to the recruiting 'gurus' or star makers, are not making impacts on the team. We can blame the coaches because they can't develop them, or the coaches because they are recruiting terrible players.

Both are equally damning on the coaches. My argument is that if we had guys who make impact on defense playing defense, schemes are less important. Thus, my argument that our defensive recruiting is lackluster.
jml2621
quote:
I've been to Gainesville and it's not much different than College Station.

More hippies.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
quote:
Does no one remember the negative comments Muschamp made about College Station when we played them in 2012? He is not moving to College Station.

Who ****ing cares, I would gladly pay $6 a game extra to pay him $3million to get him here.
Batty
Wrap your head around these stats:

1st year Synder's Def was 8th (yds/gm) and 8th (pts/gm) in the SEC, last yr 14th (yds/gm) and 13th (pts/gm) and this year 14th (yds/gm) and 11th (pts/gm).

Pay Muschamp and get a proven DC that can actually hold his own in this league.
jim 78
AG
quote:
If you want chaos inside A&M's Atheletic Dept., hire WM. The man is poision. Can he coach...yes, but he will destroy the pgm from within. Absolutely no interpersonal skills and the ONLY thing he shares is blame. Hire him and the D will improve...until the pgm implodes.
that's why he only lasted 3 years
opstx
AG
Back in the day it was a Senior privilege to shout "I hate this dam place" out your Corps Dorm window at 2am (or any other time fwiw).

So Coach Boom has been jumping Senior privileges while coaching at Florida?

Meh.
marble rye
AG
Uh, Gainesville is a ****hole. With inbred toothless swamp trash.
phatbeast
AG
Muschamp: not going to take a coordinator job, and definitely not going to take one here.
valvemonkey91
AG
Why all the love for Muschump? I really do not get it. I don't care about the CStat comments. Don't care about any of the other **** that don't matter that does not affect coaching. What has he done in the last few years? The national champion LSU team that he coached were all Saban recruits. He did nothing special with Auburn, Texas or Florida. He is a waste of money in my opinion. We need to look at how Bama handles their business. They have 3 guys who could be head coaches anywhere they want. Saban , Kiffen, and Smart. This board is infatuated with a guy that just got FIRED for not getting the job done. There are bigger and better fish out there.
BMX Bandit
That's an extremely ignorant post. No clue what you mean by Kiffin & Smart could be head coaches anywhere they want. In fact, if Bama followed your line of thinking, they would not have hired Kiffin

As for Muschamp, let me enlighten you:

Auburn 06: 7th scoring defense

Auburn 07: 6th in total and scoring defense

Texas 08: 20th scoring defense

Texas 09: 12th scoring defense

Texas 10: not a good defense.

Cornerback31
AG
Good post BMX. Real knowledge helps. Sure hope we can get Muschamp. Good recruiter, good teacher, good motivator = good coach.
Paradise Ag
AG
We'd also pick up a DeBerry/Tell level player or two just for the bold move.
valvemonkey91
AG
Yall keep beating the drums for Muschamp. If I'm wrong, I'll come back and admit it. I'm not sold that he would be a good fit here. As far as the "ignorance" goes, it is ignorant to think that Kirby Smart could not be hired overnight at a major D1 school. Dude is nails. He was actually my first choice (if I had a vote) to take the reins here before Sumlin was hired. We will see how it plays out
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.