Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Picture this team in 2 years

17,155 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Asian Sensation
STX Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You dumbasses are gonna get my POTD thread deleted.
AggieDoc08
AG
"Kyler waiting"... LOL
Bankeraggie
AG
So they can get the accolades that come with playing football, but if you are critical they become helpless children who must be protected. You cannot have it both ways.

Well, minivan driving new math no wrong answer soccer mom types want it that way. Now we know who is who.
beerad12man
AG
Didn't read it all, but Lockhart is already starting over Cunningham?
RC_57
AG
quote:
When has a defense EVER improved under Sumlin?

When has Sumlin ever won without an all-world Case Keenum/Johnny Football-type quarterback?

The answers to both is identical ...
And this was, and still is, my concern with the Sumlin hire.

While at uh, didn't he have winning years when Case was in the line-up, then a loosing record when Case was not?

And then he lucked int JFF.

And I need to look, but wasn't his earlier sucess, prior to uh, that he coached Bradford?
RC_57
AG
Okay, this seals it.

Sumlin is a "great QB coach

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11343172/kevin-sumlin-knack-being-great-quarterbacks

Verdict still out on the rest of his success.
beerad12man
AG
quote:
After the '13 season:

"Picture our defense in 2 years!"

DE: 4* Junior, Daeshawn Hall:
Perception at the time: stud 4* who just needs a year morewith Larry Jackson! I wish he could haveredshirted!
Reality today: undersized and underpowered. He may develop into a good player, but hasalready been passed up by younger players.

DT: 4* RS soph, Justin Manning
Perception at the time: stud 4* who will benefit from a redshirt,will be a RS soph
Reality today: most likely overrated/bust, but could turn itaround. He has not developed and hasbeen passed by younger players

DT: 4* Junior Isaiah Golden
Perception at the time: what a great fish year for a highly rated4*! Imagine him after Larry Jackson getsanother two years!
Reality Today: kicked off the team

DE: 3* overachieving senior, Julien Obioha
Perception at the time: This guy is going to be amazing with4 years of experience!
Reality Today: Has not developed, will be passed by youngerplayers

OLB: 3* Junior Jordan Mastrogiovanni
Perception at the time: This guy is underrated! He willbe a great player!
Reality today: he sucks

ILB: 3* Junior, Darian Claiborne
Perception: what a steal! This guy should have been a 5*
Reality: kicked off the team

OLB: 3* Brett Wade
Perception at the time: This guy is underrated! He willbe a great player!
Reality today: he sucks

CB: 4* Noel Elis
Perception at the time: This guy is going to be a STUD!
Reality: has been passed by younger players, undersized,could develop

SS: 4* Kam Miles
Perception at the time: This guy is going to be a STUD! Ballhawk!

FS: 3* Kenneth Marshal
Perception at the time: This guy is going to be a STUD! Ballhawk! We stole this guy from Texas!

CB: 3* Victor Davis:
Perception: we stole this guy from BAMA, he is going to be great!
Reality: has not developed

I wish some people would learn some f***ing facts before spewing out so much garbage. For starters, a lot of these guys you mentioned are 1st and 2nd year players that wouldn't be on the field yet at other schools. Here, we write them off and/or assume the worst about their future. Guys like Hall and Davis. Noel Ellis? You're aware he was diagnosed with diabetes and lost a ton of weight, so we redshirted him. He wasn't passed by younger players. He got sick. Obioha isn't being passed by younger players. He is currently our best run stopping defensive end and is playing just fine for a 3 star.

Anyone who's paid attention to this team and recruiting could tell you that 2015 and 2016 look so much better on paper than this year ever did. If it doesn't come to fruition, oh well. Why be such a little ***** about it now? None of those previous years were top 5-10 classes like the ones you guys are trying to compare this to.if you don't want to be happy about our potential, that's on you. I choose to see a bunch of talented young players in the program and be happy about it. If it doesn't end up that way, at least I wasnt a dewsh in the meantime.
beerad12man
AG
quote:
I don't think D. Mack's chances of actually signing at A&M are all that great.

One of the following will have to happen:

1. We beat LSU convincingly.
2. We play Texas in a bowl game and win in a shutout/blowout. If it is close, he is gone.
3. We fire Snyder and get Muschamp.

If we don't do one of these things, this years defensive class will bail. We are most likely to accomplish #2.

You're an idiot
beerad12man
AG
quote:
quote:
When has a defense EVER improved under Sumlin?

When has Sumlin ever won without an all-world Case Keenum/Johnny Football-type quarterback?

The answers to both is identical ...
And this was, and still is, my concern with the Sumlin hire.

While at uh, didn't he have winning years when Case was in the line-up, then a loosing record when Case was not?

And then he lucked int JFF.

And I need to look, but wasn't his earlier sucess, prior to uh, that he coached Bradford?

So he's won in the past with good players and great QBs. He's currently recruiting good players and great QBs.

What's the point?

Sumlins defense has and will be a concern until proven otherwise, but I've never understood this argument. Now if he wins it will be because he had Allen or Murray in some people arguments.

Also, his defense in year 4 at Houston was better than when he got there. It was actually 3rd in their conference and pretty solid. He also immediately improved our defense from the previous year when he had some reasonable talent to work with.
RC_57
AG
beerad12man,

Sorry I wasn't clear.

My point is, he - Sumlin - may be a great QB coach, but I did and continue to have serious reservations about his capabilities beyond coaching that position.

Long story short, when it comes to his credibility as a head coach, he hasn't proven to me that he's all that and a bag of chips
Trinity Ag
S
quote:
beerad12man,

Sorry I wasn't clear.

My point is, he - Sumlin - may be a great QB coach, but I did and continue to have serious reservations about his capabilities beyond coaching that position.

Long story short, when it comes to his credibility as a head coach, he hasn't proven to me that he's all that and a bag of chips
I'm sure one of the most coveted head coaching prospects in football over the past 4 years is desperately concerned about winning your endorsement.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:

Didn't in the year he lost Keenum, end up with his 4th stringer because of other injuries?
RC_57
AG
quote:
quote:
beerad12man,

Sorry I wasn't clear.

I'm sure one of the most coveted head coaching prospects in football over the past 4 years is desperately concerned about winning your endorsement.
And I'm sure he could give a rat's azz about our endorsement or our rejection....

The point being, this is a discussion board, not a board of regents.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
So they can get the accolades that come with playing football, but if you are critical they become helpless children who must be protected. You cannot have it both ways.

Well, minivan driving new math no wrong answer soccer mom types want it that way. Now we know who is who.
No one said protect them, just be classy and civil towards them, Mister Internet tough guy who thinks it's OK to say anything you want because no one really knows (or cares) who you are so that makes it OK to denigrate players to make yourself look tough. Now we know who is who.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:

No one said protect them, just be classy and civil towards them, Mister Internet tough guy who thinks it's OK to say anything you want because no one really knows (or cares) who you are so that makes it OK to denigrate players to make yourself look tough. Now we know who is who.

This.
BowhunterAg83
AG
We have already met my expectations of 7 wins this yr. We were young, with little depth, not talented in some positions, new QB, and a brutal schedule.

If we somehow beat LSU, I would be shocked and ecstatic! Recruiting will be much easier.

I did not expect two things : OL to play below expectations. Defense to get even worse!

Players that give me hope: Allen, Noil, Garrett, Watts, Reynolds.

WANTED: coaches that can recruit and develop SEC football players!

Asian Sensation
quote:
Players that give me hope: Allen, Noil, Garrett, Watts, Reynolds.

You forgot Alaka and Walker. I also like the potential of guys such as Wilson, Johnson, Cunningham, Henderson. Plus, the coaches rave about Koda Martin.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.