Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

End of Season Recruiting Overview

26,807 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AgOutsideAustin
jwal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If I were Coach Sumlin, I would insist that every recruit must reflect character that gives assurance that they are not going to be a dismissal liability of any type. I know they aren't going to be perfect, but they should plainly know that discipline and responsibility are going to be required. A group of 28 to 30 signees should be about the same number come graduation.
67walkon
Off_The_Wood
AG
quote:
Soso Jamabo - RB (4 star) - I don't think anyone has a clue what's going on with Soso. 247 has us listed as the favorite, but only with 28% of the vote. Part of me wants to say he's not coming to A&M, but part of me says he is, considering it appears he's pretty good friends with Kyler, from what I can tell. No clue where he ends up. Other possible schools - OU , ND , Baylor , and tu.
I would LOVE to land Soso. He is a god among boys in competitive 6A football. He's tight with Kyler, but also some of the new A&M basketball recruits from Plano West are also tight with him. Fingers crossed
Diet Cokehead
AG
Malik is going to commit to the good guys. If you had stars and could see Brice's most recent interview with Malik, you can just tell he is going to be an Ag and that interview was before the Auburn game.
AgsLv44
AG
^ This.
SECTAMU#1
quote:
Malik is going to commit to the good guys. If you had stars and could see Brice's most recent interview with Malik, you can just tell he is going to be an Ag and that interview was before the Auburn game.
Maybe we need an interview including his mom. I will pleasantly surprised if Malik commits to the good guys.
Diet Cokehead
AG
quote:
quote:
Maybe we need an interview including his mom. I will pleasantly surprised if Malik commits to the good guys.
Mama Jefferson is going to be just fine after meeting with Sumlin this coming weekend. She already like Sumlin and this weekend will cement it.
HUDAT361
Soso, mack, malik, and kyler im not so sure about.

Actually all players im not so sure about.

But they all have the chance to play together and represent one state, their own state! Texas! In the SEC we rep our own state with the exception of bama/aub etc.

These kids can look 50 years back from now and be like we did this together! We won a natty together. Built a family together. We are all Aggies. We're bros. We rep the same alma mater. We support eachother. Winning a natty somewhere else wouldn't even mean much if you can win one for your own state (see: Lebron) glad he won but would mean more for his own city of Cleveland.

Stay commited. Semper Fi.

Happy Veterans Day. Sorry for ranting (long post)
CaptnJerry
Do you think the possibility of Snyder being let go or demoted will affect any of the defensive recruits decisions on whether to come to Aggieland or go elsewhere?
STX Ag
AG
Excellent work mcgibblets. One of you dumb****s should hire mcgibblets when he graduates. Kid is on top of things.
AgBeliever
AG
I don't think the recruits take such talk seriously Jerry. However, coaching changes tend to have a negative affect on recruiting if the successor is not known.

Solid post Gibblets. And great news on Malik.
CaptnJerry
Thanks AgBeliever and great post Mcgibblets
NickEZ08
Solid rundown.
SoCalAg97
AG
Awesome post.
jickyjack1
Good post and reasonable discussion. Sumlin is awfully good on the high trapeze.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
#gibletsintheknow
AgGeo01
AG
Solid post!
E.KingTrill
Teddy Perkins
AG
Need-more-real-info-on-page-1 BUMP
mshipp88
Damn Gibbs, awesome post. Thanks for the work!
McGibblets
AG
This weekend's visitors

Jordan Davis
Landis Durham
Justin Evans
Deshon Elliott
Claude George
Malik Jefferson
Trevor Lambert
Du'Vonta Lampkin
Connor Lanfear
James Lockhart
DeAndre McNeal
Larry Pryor
Kemah Siverand
TJ Vasher
Devwah Waley
Josh Wariboko
Tylerjo97
AG
quote:
This weekend's visitors

Jordan Davis
Landis Durham
Justin Evans
Deshon Elliott
Claude George
Malik Jefferson
Trevor Lambert
Du'Vonta Lampkin
Connor Lanfear
James Lockhart
DeAndre McNeal
Larry Pryor
Kemah Siverand
TJ Vasher
Devwah Waley
Josh Wariboko

Great list!
schwack schwack
AG
Thanks for putting this together McGibb.
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
I still believe he's solid, especially after Auburn, but a lot of people think LSU and TCU are on the rise for Mack
Is odd that he never said anything on twitter about the Ags vs Auburn game. Previously he's been very vocal about our games.
McGibblets
AG
quote:
quote:
I still believe he's solid, especially after Auburn, but a lot of people think LSU and TCU are on the rise for Mack
Is odd that he never said anything on twitter about the Ags vs Auburn game. Previously he's been very vocal about our games.

I'm not concerned about this. I think people often look too much into Twitter
rojack
AG
Great review and analysis. Gig em.
NavyAg92
AG
I think you gain more than lose with the verbals and leans, by letting go of Snyder. But on the other hand, KDS would have to name a new DC quickly, since this (DC) is a major factor in a defense recruits decision making process.
bert harbinson
AG
quote:
quote:
Soso Jamabo - RB (4 star) - I don't think anyone has a clue what's going on with Soso. 247 has us listed as the favorite, but only with 28% of the vote. Part of me wants to say he's not coming to A&M, but part of me says he is, considering it appears he's pretty good friends with Kyler, from what I can tell. No clue where he ends up. Other possible schools - OU , ND , Baylor , and tu.
I would LOVE to land Soso. He is a god among boys in competitive 6A football. He's tight with Kyler, but also some of the new A&M basketball recruits from Plano West are also tight with him. Fingers crossed

Seemed to enjoy watching his teammates sign their LOIs to A&M. Holding out hope.
bert harbinson
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Seemed to enjoy watching his BB teammates sign their LOIs to A&M. Holding out hope.
Jimtim1216
S
Cool
Meximan
A&M so so badly needs Malik. The linebacking corps just cannot continue to be a black hole on the team, and a five-star recruit can change everything just by being there in the lineup.
Meximan
quote:
If I were Coach Sumlin, I would insist that every recruit must reflect character that gives assurance that they are not going to be a dismissal liability of any type.
Almost all of 'em will tell you that, but then some kids get to campus and start thuggin' out. That's just how it goes.
marble rye
AG
quote:
Lodge is a 0% chance. Not even an outside chance. Literally 0. If you could have a negative percentage, it would be that.

Zero. Percent.

Why would A&M take him or even consider it after his twitter **** show? That reeks of potential locker room cancer, imo.
McGibblets
AG
Erik McCoy (3 star C) committed to A&M yesterday when he was on campus for the game. Missed him on the visitors list and he doesn't have the greatest offer list, but none the less, always nice to get a YESSIR!
shano0603
AG
quote:
Erik McCoy (3 star C) committed to A&M yesterday when he was on campus for the game. Missed him on the visitors list and he doesn't have the greatest offer list, but none the less, always nice to get a YESSIR!
You've got to think that the coaches saw something in this guy that the recruiting services haven't seen yet. Really weird with all the other guys that we're still in the running for, that we would offer him.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.