Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

End of Season Recruiting Overview

26,782 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AgOutsideAustin
McGibblets
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
12/19 Update

This **** don't matter anymore. Every single commit is going to flip to texas and Strong is going to hire Sumlin to fly around Strong's new Sipercopter. We'll end up with a team made up of Bertolet and Honeycutt.

With 2 games left, I feel like now is a good time to start looking at what our final recruiting class may look like. This is just my thoughts (without premium or other subscriptions), but I've followed this class pretty closely and have a good knowledge about what's going on IMO. Just figured it would be a good piece of info to put out for the zoo for people who don't follow recruiting too intensely

100% Solid Commits
  • Christian Kirk - WR (5 star)
  • James Lockhart - SDE (4 star)
  • Justin Dunning - S (4 star)
  • Larry Pryor - S (4 star)
  • Connor Lanfear - OT (4 star)
  • Trevor Elbert - OT (4 star)
  • Kemah Siverland - WR (4 star)
  • Deshawn Capers-Smith - ATH / CB (3 star)
  • Claude George - OLB (3 star)
  • Riley Garner - ILB (3 star)
  • Daniel LaCamera - K (3 star)
  • Erik McCoy - C (3 star)
No Need to Worry Commits
  • Jordan Davis - TE (4 star)
  • Keaton Sutherland - OT (4 star)
  • Jay Bradford - RB (4 star)
  • Roney Elam - CB (4 star)
  • Kingsley KeKe - SDT (3 star)
  • Justin Evans - S (3 star, could end as a 4)
  • Landis Durham - OLB (3 star)
Chance of He Gone
  • Kyler Murray - QB (5 star) - I never really thought that we were in jeopardy of losing him, but I figured I'd include him here for the "THE SKY IS FALLING!" people. If there was any doubt, I think the Auburn game took care of it. As long as we play respectably in our final 2 games, he should be solid. Other possible schools - Oregon

Probable YESSIR! Recruits
  • Kendall Sheffield - CB (5 star) - Sheffield has always had a big A&M lean, and got a call from Sumlin last night according to 247. As long as we don't get blown out these final 2 weeks, we should see a YESSIR! I believe he's announcing at the UA All American game on Jan 2

Possible YESSIR! Recruits
  • Soso Jamabo - RB (4 star) - I don't think anyone has a clue what's going on with Soso. 247 has us listed as the favorite, but only with 28% of the vote. Part of me wants to say he's not coming to A&M, but part of me says he is, considering it appears he's pretty good friends with Kyler, from what I can tell. No clue where he ends up. Other possible schools - OU , ND , Baylor , and tu.
  • Kris Boyd - CB (4 star) - I'm tempted to list Boyd as being doubtful, despite the fact that 247 has us as the favorite at 45%, with the sips and FSU in 2nd at 21%. I expect Boyd will end up at FSU. He's visiting FSU Nov. 28. Baylor has also been a rising possibility, but I think it's too late for them to get their foot in the door. Despite A&M being the current favorite, I expect him to end up at FSU, but we definitely aren't out of the question. Other possible schools - tu , FSU , and Baylor
  • Kirk Merritt - RB / WR (4 star) - This one is a close one. After his Halloween visit to Oregon, they've become the top school, but A&M and Auburn aren't far behind. It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out
  • DeAndre McNeal - OLB (4 star) - This is a big one. It sounds as if he and teammate Malik Jefferson want to play together, but from my understanding, it's not completely decided they're going to the same school. McNeal really enjoyed his visit when he came for the ULM game. Alabama is listed as the favorite, but I have a feeling A&M will land him. Even if we get him and not Malik, that would still be a great get. Other teams - Alabama , Ohio State , TT , tu
  • Lorenzo Phillips - JUCO OLB (3 star) - Haven't paid much attention to him since he's a JUCO, but it appears it's split pretty evenly between A&M, Georgia, and Alabama
  • Arthur McGinnis - OLB (3 star) - We are listed as the favorite on 247, but he hasn't visited A&M since his junior day in February. On the contrast, he's visited LSU in July and September, and hasn't been to any other schools since. However, he hasn't received an offer from LSU yet.
  • Richard Moore - OLB (3 star) - Haven't followed him too much, but he will take an official to Baylor Nov. 22. Other possible shools - Baylor
Doubtful Recruits
  • Damarkus Lodge - WR (5 star) - The once TAMU commit appears to have moved on from us. While he'd fit in great here, I just don't see him being a likely YESSIR! for us. The common thought is that he decommitted from A&M because of our WR depth, and we're definitely not getting worse at WR any time soon. However, if he changes his mind and decides he wants to compete for a spot in a top notch WR group, I guess he could come back to A&M. If Kyle Allen keeps playing like he did against Auburn, that definitely won't hurt our chances with him. However, it appears to be a fight between Ole Miss and Baylor, with A&M having an outside chance.
  • Holton Hill - CB (4 star) - Not gonna go into this one much, but it appears that tu is the pretty clear favorite. Other possibilities - tu , Baylor, and maybe (but probably not FSU)
I may update this later as recruiting progresses. I don't think it's likely we lose any more recruits besides Lodge, which is definitely looking a lot better after people thought our recruiting class was SOL after that 3 loss span. A&M can definitely finish in the top 3 recruiting class, while likely being in the top 5, and almost definitely in the top 10. Wins against Mizzou and LSU would be huge, but splitting and a quality showing in a loss wouldn't kill us
TrueAgg13
AG
Awesome update. I was seriously looking for something exactly like this. Thanks!
Ridge14
Pretty solid good work bro
crag
AG
Good post for those like me who do not keep up with recruiting... thanks!

Has Daylon given an indication that he's having second thoughts?
Bunny Ag
Gibble is the man
Ridge14
quote:

Not necessarily

He just says no more visits, shutting it down, but then we start losing and he goes on visits to TCU and LSU

Not too much worry just getting free tickets and going to game with his buddies
crag
AG
quote:
quote:

Not necessarily

He just says no more visits, shutting it down, but then we start losing and he goes on visits to TCU and LSU

Not too much worry just getting free tickets and going to game with his buddies
Thanks.

He's one of the few I've seen play. We need him!
Tylerjo97
AG
Great rundown!
Buck Nasty
AG
Pretty good. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Inb4 someone asks about Deunte
Human
AG
Goblets
McGibblets
AG
I think people tend to freak out about Mack more than anyone just because he's kind of been the head man for this class since he's been committed for so long, he's such a good player, and he's been bringing in other recruits. However, I included him in the possible he gone due to these recent visits. I still believe he's solid, especially after Auburn, but a lot of people think LSU and TCU are on the rise for Mack
AG
quote:
100% Solid Commits

No such thing
McGibblets
AG
quote:
I'd love to see DeUnte in the maroon and white, but frankly, he's not getting an offer from TAMU
pv
Great update. Really solid post.

Rare for the zoo these days
McGibblets
AG
quote:
quote:
100% Solid Commits

No such thing
Ya and it's not 100% we would beat Kent State, but you know what I'm saying
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
If I'm Malik and I see a chance to play on the same defense as Daylon, Myles, Armani, and possibly Kendall, along with the other great young guys, I couldn't pass that shot up.

Great post gibbs
Brick Tamland
Lodge is a 0% chance. Not even an outside chance. Literally 0. If you could have a negative percentage, it would be that.

Zero. Percent.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Good work Gibbs
dcj_10
AG
Whats the difference between a 100% solid commit and a no need to worry commit?
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
quote:

Don't worry about it
12thmanfootball
AG
Nice post Manziel/Noil!
McGibblets
AG
quote:
These guys are 17 and 18 years old. Obviously, something could cause them to change their minds. The guys who are on the 100% list have either shut down recruiting, or something else. For example, yesterday Justin Dunning tweeted that it was the 1 year mark of him committing to A&M and that it was the best decision of his life. Yes, these guys aren't 100% actually, due to intangibles. But they are very solid.

The no need to worry list is more the group of guys that are widely accepted as solid commits, but there's a tiny chance they could be swayed. There's really not much of a difference between the two lists, but if we were to lose a commit (which I don't expect will happen), I'd expect them to be on the no need to worry list, rather than the 100%
AgsLv44
AG
quote:
quote:
I'd love to see DeUnte in the maroon and white, but frankly, he's not getting an offer from TAMU

Gibblets, where do you think Deunte "D$" Chatman ends up?
MidTnAg
AG
Excellent post. Thanks.

If I were Malik, Dayton, or Kendall and I knew that Snyder was coming back, I would take my talents elsewhere. I could get early playing time any place I went.
McGibblets
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Everything points towards tu, as long as they end up giving him an offer
shano0603
AG
need more 5-stars
AgsLv44
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Asian Sensation
I would put Jay Bradford in the 100% solid commit group as well. He came out and said as much. Plus, the guy tweets about A&M every other day.
PCC_80
AG
I count 31 on this list. Isn't the limit 25 in a class ??? Do we have 31 spots opening up ??
parkway94
AG
Solid work.
Oscar Diggs
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Going to start working on an alternate ending to the Legend of Deunte bedtime stories
AgsLv44
AG
God Bless the Lil Diggs
shano0603
AG
quote:
I count 31 on this list. Isn't the limit 25 in a class ??? Do we have 31 spots opening up ??
It's definitely not going to be possible to get them all. 25 is the limit, but we can count a couple back to last years class, and have the opportunity to grey shirt someone as well. Look for us to sign 27-28 this year
McGibblets
AG
quote:
I'm not sure how many spots we have, but it's not 31. And we definitely won't get all these guys. We should be fine on numbers
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.