Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Qb competition reopened.

26,055 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by InnerCityAg
InnerCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Dog and pony show. The day Allen starts against MLU you can shove your nose in my butt and call me pinchotio...... NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

tmaggie50
AG
What would it give ULM the advantage of either way? Its not like were debating on playing Mike Vick or Peyton Manning.
AG
quote:
quote:
Dog and pony show. The day Allen starts against MLU you can shove your nose in my butt and call me pinchotio...... NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

it's bee ***. he wants it to happen. I would not take that bet.

POTD
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Just in case Spav DOES read Texags for coaching advice: THROW THE DAMN BALL DOWN THE DAMN FIELD!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T EVEN PUT A POTENTIAL RECIEVER IN EITHER FLAT!!!!!!

That is all.
aeon-ag
You are so correct!!!!
aeon-ag
Add the sideline pass to that. It seems as if the play calling has a death wish for this, is hasn't worked all season, GIVE IT UP!
Ag_EE_88
AG
So Allen didn't believe him so he had to go ask him about it? Makes me think he was told before that it was open but wasn't really open
hillcountryag86
AG
quote:
the competition should have never ended. Kyle should have been working his ass off
Who said he wasn't?
VikingNik
AG
quote:
you can shove your nose in my butt and call me pinchotio

I am trying to figure out what this means. Seems extremely olfactorally unpleasant. What happens when I call you 'pinchotio'?
redd38
AG
quote:
...If that were true then Sumlin would have publicly made it clear that he doesn't trust KH to lead the team anymore and he would have given false hope to Allen. This would be bad for both QBs.

It will be Allen and you can take that to the bank. Let's see how he does.

Ok, I'm at the bank... now what?
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
I will let you shove your nose in my butt and lick it when you're wrong
Al Bula
AG
quote:
ULM is a given.
Arkansas State in 2008 says "Hello, idiot!"
NightHawk150
AG
quote:
quote:
I will let you shove your nose in my butt and lick it when you're wrong
Pitcher is actually a catcher?!
Mulder349
quote:

Pucker than brown-hole up stud
TheAccidentalAg
AG
quote:
Just in case Spav DOES read Texags for coaching advice: THROW THE DAMN BALL DOWN THE DAMN FIELD!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T EVEN PUT A POTENTIAL RECIEVER IN EITHER FLAT!!!!!!

That is all.
But screens worked so well against Lamar.
BeefAg_00~
quote:
quote:
you can shove your nose in my butt and call me pinchotio

I am trying to figure out what this means. Seems extremely olfactorally unpleasant. What happens when I call you 'pinchotio'?

You don't get it. Its not gonna happen. Thats why.
VikingNik
AG
Must be some sort of gay bee thing, not that there is anything wrong with that.
cecil77
AG
Perfect game to try Allen.

He does great, and you let him start for Auburn as well, hopefully with Hill working his butt off to get better.

He struggles or is mediocre, Hill has had a week to get hungry.
Picadillo
Allen better starting working out at Chimy's if he's the QB at TAMU.
Picadillo
Allen better starting working out at Chimy's if he's the QB at TAMU.
Artorias
AG
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11780128/texas-aggies-reopen-quarterback-battle-kenny-hill-kyle-allen
phatbc
quote:
Perfect game to try Allen.

He does great, and you let him start for Auburn as well, hopefully with Hill working his butt off to get better.

He struggles or is mediocre, Hill has had a week to get hungry.
my thought as well. let kyle take this week.
cecil77
AG
quote:
"Credibility amongst the players and amongst the coaching staff is at a premium, particularly right now with where we are."
From that espn article. That's as candid a thought as I've seen...
Joan Wilder
AG
Regardless of who starts, we need better playcalling and O line play. Spav's bubbles to Boone aren't going to cut it against Auburn.
ShadyAftermath123
I agree the o-line needs to play better but don't use that as an excuse for Hill. He's had plenty of time. Sure he gets rushed occasionally but that's life as a quarterback. He's just not seeing the field and making great split-second decisions.

play Allen for christ sake.
dimeboxaggie
AG
Hill must be removed. Everything depends on this.

Sensei John Kreese
AG
Do Kyle Allen have a board?
Velvet Jones
AG
quote:
quote:
"Credibility amongst the players and amongst the coaching staff is at a premium, particularly right now with where we are."
From that espn article. That's as candid a thought as I've seen...

Absolutely. That's a window into the (a) truth behind the speculation that's been rampant of late.
gigemrangers
AG
They should open the Defensive Coordinator position too.
that poster
Team needs some regesso-tation!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
It's going to be Allen. There wouldn't be any need for an announcement on Thursday if we were starting the guy that started all season.

"Big announcement on Thursday. Nothing is changing. Deal with it."
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
quote:
They should open the Defensive Coordinator position too.
underrated post
67walkon
Play like re-opened ....know what I'm say'n? KH will start. Ego is involved here. Kyle will transfer if he doesn't get a fair shot Saturday. One thing to recruit another to develop and coach. Ah oh, me gone!
Meximan
quote:
Announcing prior to game would be dumbest move yet. Why the hell would Sumlin show his hand early? Make ULM prepare for both.
1) There's very limited tape on Allen, so there's not much preparing they can do, anyway.

2) There are advantages to naming a starter early: the team is granted a sense of direction and purpose, and you can prepare the team very clearly for the game without having to keep them guessing. And although you could simply state it in secret, secrets have a way of getting out, and the other hand says that it quiets the media circus by getting it out of the way before the game; i.e., it's a lot easier to focus on the game when you answer the questions early instead of having to repeat "no comment" 150 times throughout the week, and especially having to dodge questions from classmates.

3) Making teams prepare for two QBs isn't actually that effective a tactic. I'm sure there's a statline out there that shows such subterfuge has very little effect on the outcome of the actual game.
Bottlehead90
AG
KA is a pocket passer
And KH doesn't run

How much different are they to prepare for?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.