Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Qb competition reopened.

26,046 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by InnerCityAg
No Bat Soup For You
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
KA is a pocket passer
And KH doesn't run

How much different are they to prepare for?

Kyle Allen looked like he had better run instincts the few times he took off. Kenny looks awkward when he has to run.

Our qb doesn't have to be JFF but he does have to pick up first downs with his feet when the defense gives him nothing else.

FWIW it looked like Allen will be a better passer with experience too. I was impressed even with the balls that he threw to the other team.
redd38
AG
I, too, am very impressed with Kyle's balls.
fistofsouth
Unless KA gets arrested by Thursday there is 0% chance he starts.
beebeegee
AG
quote:
quote:
Announcing prior to game would be dumbest move yet. Why the hell would Sumlin show his hand early? Make ULM prepare for both.
I think ULM is not what Sumlin is planning for.

You give ULM as much chance to prepare for KA as you can, because Auburn will likely be prepared. It is Auburn that we need to beat. ULM is a given.

Gotta get to dat bowl game, bruh
beebeegee
AG
quote:
quote:
KA is a pocket passer
And KH doesn't run

How much different are they to prepare for?

Kyle Allen looked like he had better run instincts the few times he took off. Kenny looks awkward when he has to run.

Our qb doesn't have to be JFF but he does have to pick up first downs with his feet when the defense gives him nothing else.

FWIW it looked like Allen will be a better passer with experience too. I was impressed even with the balls that he threw to the other team.

Kenny's attempts to escape pressure remind me of JJ: Embarrassing.
BeefAg_00~
quote:
Must be some sort of gay bee thing, not that there is anything wrong with that.

We'll see who the gay bee is tomorrow.
BeefAg_00~
quote:
beebeegee

Maybe its this guy.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
We'll see who the gay bee is tomorrow.

It will always be you. You might be gay tomorrow, but I don't think you will be happy.

AND... If bee *** is right then Baba will run a special edition meltdown thread just for the announcement.

It would make ZERO sense for the coaching staff to pull this "stunt" and make it look like they are going to make a change and then continue with the same approach. Both KA and KH would be hurt in the process. Hill would have been giving the vote of no confidence from the coaching staff and Allen would have been given false hope that he could start.

Bee *** making such a dumb assertion should damage his reputation, but I don't think it will have much of an effect.

SwagObserver
If Kenny Hill wins the starting QB position again - It sends the message that we don't think you're that good, just a little better than Kyle. Kyle's confidence will suffer because he will feel that he has had two opportunities to be the starting QB and failed.
If Kyle wins the starting QB spot, then Kenny will know that he will be sitting on the bench the rest of the season. To publicly announce that the QB position is up for grabs was wrong and attempts to blame our losses on the QB. This has not helped the team Unity and Leadership or Identity at all. I am posting this as an example of what not to do in the future ----------. I am not trying to be negative against Texas A&M.
Greyletter
SwagObserver is right. We should never bench players; it might make them feel bad.
SwagObserver
quote:
SwagObserver is right. We should never bench players; it might make them feel bad.
Let's not forget that these players are student athletes, they don't earn a salary and coaches are teachers. We should treat the players with respect. You don't have to publicize everything that you do. If you need to make changes be respectful, the public will find out on game day. ---- This is meant to be a positive suggestion.
aggiehawg
AG
Kids used to be made to sit in a corner with a hat on that said, "Dunce." I have yet to see a study where the suicide rate of children sitting in a corner with a "Dunce" hat being being disproportionately higher than those who did not.

If anyone watched the story about Bo Wallace and Freeze, well, let's say that their first go around as coach and student athlete didn't go well. Bo hated the man and never wanted to see him again. When Freeze got the Ole Miss job, he called Bo (who was at some juco program at that point) and asked him to try again.

Some kids mature faster than others. Sometimes you just have to get their full attention.
Nino Brown
Some of you guys are missing the point in all this. In the SEC, if you can't run the ball some you can't win. And yes that includes a QB that can run if you don't have a running game.
12thGauge
Jason Ag
AG
Eh, nm.
Aggie304
Who can run for their life the fastest?
jwal
I say, lets see what it looks like with Kyle Allen running the team and may Coach Sumlin be as patient with him and act accordingly.
Jimtim1216
S
I think if Kyle is named the starter, then, barring injury, he will be in there the rest of the season.
Someone posted earlier that Kyle seems to have better instincts running, I saw that too at the Lamar game. He throws the ball better than Kenny. He can also withstand some of the hits that Kenny probably cannot.
If he is named the starter, he will have his struggles against Auburn and LSU, but will also have moments of brilliance. I do not know why Kenny was regressing, but it was obvious he was. KDS, imo, should have made this switch right after MSU when it was clear that his qb had lost a lot of confidence.
cecil77
AG
I still don't get why the quarterback is so different from every other position. Yes, I understand the reads/responsibilities, etc. But as to psyche and "hurt feelings" why is a QB so much more tender than any other position?
InnerCityAg
BEE***.....

Sandman23
AG
quote:
Kids used to be made to sit in a corner with a hat on that said, "Dunce." I have yet to see a study where the suicide rate of children sitting in a corner with a "Dunce" hat being being disproportionately higher than those who did not.

If anyone watched the story about Bo Wallace and Freeze, well, let's say that their first go around as coach and student athlete didn't go well. Bo hated the man and never wanted to see him again. When Freeze got the Ole Miss job, he called Bo (who was at some juco program at that point) and asked him to try again.

Some kids mature faster than others. Sometimes you just have to get their full attention.

Please see "Billy Gillispie and Acie Law IV" for a prime example.
VikingNik
AG
"Pinchotio!"
InnerCityAg
Pinchotio, where are you?
FriscoKid
AG
I think this needs another bump.

Where is that insignificant little gay bee?

It's about time you show your little proboscis kid.

quote:
Dog and pony show. The day Allen starts against MLU you can shove your nose in my butt and call me pinchotio...... NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

-Bee ***

BeefAg_00~
It's Pinocchio you dumbass. And today ain't tomorrow so you can just hold your horses. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN
Frederick Palowaski
AG
This will be a fun bump on Monday
Tamu_mgm
AG
Holding onto your pride based simply on the fact that you're stubborn huh Bee ***? You aren't proving anything, and would just save yourself the embarrassment. Kyle Allen is starting.
GtownRAB
InnerCityAg
Today is today Pinchotio.
Jimtim1216
S
quote:
I, too, am very impressed with Kyle's balls.
Are you the camera girl.
InnerCityAg
Pinchotio?
12thGauge
Pinchotio
12thGauge
Pinchotio***
InnerCityAg
Pinchotio.... did you own this and not tell us?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.