Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What is tshirt fan?

10,299 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by JonLobb
aggie2812-2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is a tshirt fan?
Gump 02
AG
I got this guys ... A t-shirt fan is a fan made by tying t-shirts to the fan blades to make it wobble and, if not balanced, fall apart.

I don't understand why folks do this, but they do! Lemme find a pic really quickly. Stand by 1m.
FrontPorchAg
Almost every NFL fan is a tshirt fan. Pro-sports in general. What tie does anyone have to the Houston Texans? They live in Houston? As we have seen it's just another coorpoation capable of swtiching cities. See Indy.
sbag
AG
W.R.T. CFB, a person who didn't go to the school but roots for them as if they did.
T-Shizzle
Apparently those of us who didn't actually attend the institution we feverishly root for. Not like college football is the second most populaar sport in America or anything, SMH
BrianDaWheelman
AG
It's someone who likes t-shirts.
Ag Tag
quote:
It's someone who likes t-shirts.
LOL, it's true. But there are those who aren't fans of tee shirts. And some are just fair weather tee shirt fans. When it comes to tee shirts, I'm a 2%er.
Nino Brown
I guess it's someone like me that grew up loving the Ags cuz of my grandfather who went to A&m before the second ww and my two uncles that ran track there. I played ball at another school and wasn't offered by A&M but still love it the same and still hang out on these boards despite of the last few weeks.
runontexas
AG
I wear t-shirts
technoviking
AG
quote:
I got this guys ... A t-shirt fan is a fan made by tying t-shirts to the fan blades to make it wobble and, if not balanced, fall apart.

I don't understand why folks do this, but they do! Lemme find a pic really quickly. Stand by 1m.
Bone6
A tshirt man is not just a fan who didn't go to the school they root for. If someone grew up a huge fan of a school but didn't end up going there for one reason or another (but have consistently followed them good times and bad), they get a pass as long as they aren't obnoxiously talking trash.

A tshirt fan is someone who happens to buy a shirt at Academy when a school is on an upswing...a guy who buys a Texas shirt after their Michigan Rose Bowl before Vince Young's senior year or a guy who jumped on Johnny mania and is now firmly off the a&m train with our recent struggles.
Roman Empire
AG
Wet t-shirt fan.
Bring n WOOD
AG
Texaggie7nine
It's something that from the outside looking in, you cannot explain it, and from the inside looking out you can't understand it.
7nine
Maroonblood32
quote:
A tshirt man is not just a fan who didn't go to the school they root for. If someone grew up a huge fan of a school but didn't end up going there for one reason or another (but have consistently followed them good times and bad), they get a pass as long as they aren't obnoxiously talking trash.

A tshirt fan is someone who happens to buy a shirt at Academy when a school is on an upswing...a guy who buys a Texas shirt after their Michigan Rose Bowl before Vince Young's senior year or a guy who jumped on Johnny mania and is now firmly off the a&m train with our recent struggles.
bonfiresmoke
I have been wearing my t-shirt since 1978 while attending my first Aggie football game. Since that time I have owned hundreds of t-shirts and worn them to baseball, softball, soccer, mens and womens basketball. I have worn them to midnight yell practice and I have worn them to numerous bonfire events on campus and off campus. Most of that time I lived in Lousisiana and traveled here for these events. Now for the past two and a half years I have been fortunate enough to live right here is College Station and support these teams on a regular basis. Yes, I am a t-shirt Aggie, but I promise you have a deep burning desire to BTHO any opponent we face. It is not just the sports, it is all that Texas A&M stands for. I proudly wear my t-shirt no matter where I am going. That is a lot more than some people that qualify for an Ag Tag could ever say.
RMAC61
Ever since I listened to my first broadcast of the LSU game in 1969. I was hooked. Used to catch the Gene Stallings show every Sunday night. I ended up playing at A&M-Commerce(formerly East Texas State). I've donated to the 12th Man, and I've supported the school in every way I can. I like that some things stay the same, and words like honor, loyalty, and tradition mean something. Being part of something bigger than one's self. Been there through the good times and bad, and see no reason to change.
William Larue Weller
AG
http://www.sh****bevo.com/board/showthread.php/101592-Confessions-of-a-quot-T-Shirt-Fan-quot-Lets-get-this-!-straight.
bigtruckguy3500
quote:
I have been wearing my t-shirt since 1978 while attending my first Aggie football game. Since that time I have owned hundreds of t-shirts and worn them to baseball, softball, soccer, mens and womens basketball. I have worn them to midnight yell practice and I have worn them to numerous bonfire events on campus and off campus. Most of that time I lived in Lousisiana and traveled here for these events. Now for the past two and a half years I have been fortunate enough to live right here is College Station and support these teams on a regular basis. Yes, I am a t-shirt Aggie, but I promise you have a deep burning desire to BTHO any opponent we face. It is not just the sports, it is all that Texas A&M stands for. I proudly wear my t-shirt no matter where I am going. That is a lot more than some people that qualify for an Ag Tag could ever say.
Good bull
Lungblood
This vernacular causes a bit of consternation with the tshirt crowd.
phatbeast
AG
quote:

This is pretty much exactly what it is.
HossAg
AG
If you were an A&M fan through the Fran and Sherman years and you didn't attend A&M, I'm not really gonna call you a tshirt fan, because you are obviously loyal and dedicated. If you hopped on the Johnny bandwagon, though, you still have to prove your loyalty and are ,therefore, a t-shirt fan.
Squadron7
AG
A t-shirt fan is someone who comes and goes based on the success of the team....whether he/she attended the school or not.
JonLobb
quote:
http://www.sh****bevo.com/board/showthread.php/101592-Confessions-of-a-quot-T-Shirt-Fan-quot-Lets-get-this-!-straight.
why can't people learn to use bitly for sh****bevo links?

http://bit.ly/1DSJDby
Ag Tag
They're also known as walk-on alumni.
JonLobb
I"m reading that thread, and at first i'm like "wow, sips still smoking crack"

then I realized it was from 2011.

I wonder how that thread would play out today, now that their t-shirt fans are slipping away from them.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
A t-shirt fan is someone who comes and goes based on the success of the team....whether he/she attended the school or not.
AggFan41
Now Im going to stick up for the so called TShirt fan, to students its anyone who didn't attend the school, but to be honest I could care less about anything related to the school other than football. Ive been a fan for a very long time and have alum in my family but chose not to go to college. We are season ticket holders and my daughter will be transferring to A&M next year which I like, but to me I could care less for the traditions Im just a fan of A&M football.
TPS_Report
AG
To me, a t-shirt fan has gone from just a bandwagon jumper to anyone who didn't attend the school in question.

The worst part is when they refer to themselves as "Aggies" or "Longhorns". Being from Austin I know scads of people who either went to Southwest (Texas State) or ACC but call themselves Longhorns. If you are not currently enrolled in the university or a graduate, you are not an Aggie or a Longhorn. You are a fan, which is fine.

One friend of mine is a diehard Longhorn fan who went to UT Arlington. He was taken aback when I explained why he wasn't a Longhorn. He said, "Even though I've been following them for my whole life and know all of the history, traditions, etc., and I graduated from a school within the UT system, I'm still not a Longhorn?"

I explained that if you didn't go to the school, it just isn't the same. Also, UT Arlington has its own mascot (Mavericks). He was skeptical. I said, "Look at it this way. You have three kids. Let's say I have read every book on parenting ever printed. I have a PhD in Childhood Development. But, I have never raised kids. When I talk to you about child rearing, it just isn't the same as someone who has actually done it. Right?" That's when he got it.

So being a t-shirt fan isn't bad. There are bad t-shirt fans. But its important to recognize that it just isn't the same.

I bleed Maroon and I wipe burnt orange!
JonLobb
quote:
. If you are not currently enrolled in the university or a graduate, you are not an Aggie or a Longhorn. You are a fan, which is fine.

so if you attend but don't graduate you'e not an Aggie?

I left A&M to enlist in the military. Here all along I thought I was an Aggie. Guess I was wrong.
HookThis
AG
TPS_Report
AG
quote:
quote:
. If you are not currently enrolled in the university or a graduate, you are not an Aggie or a Longhorn. You are a fan, which is fine.

I left A&M to enlist in the military. Here all along I thought I was an Aggie. Guess I was wrong.

Just my opinion. I am not the arbiter of who is or is not an Aggie.

Thank you for your service, btw.
JonLobb
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just my opinion. I am not the arbiter of who is or is not an Aggie.

Thank you for your service, btw.
but your opinion is that I'm not an Aggie. Just so we're clear.
PapaKilo
AG
This guy...

zafzo
My sister graduated from A&M, I graduated from Texas. My mom went to neither and is technically a tshirt fan of both.

She cheers for the Ags and the Horns and is actually relieved now that they aren't playing because she doesn't have to see and hear all the trash talk during Thanksgiving.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.