Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Not interested in watching another Aggie down this season.

11,323 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 94chem
Eric Forman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone who thinks this team, collectively, is doing their best are sorely mistaken. There are at least some who aren't even trying and its affecting the rest of the team that actually cares. I don't expect perfection, but I do expect a team that is supposedly a high level team to give their best. Aggies hold each other accountable for being their best. So in some way, the team needs to be held accountable for not doing their best. Being vindictive and evil in response to their play is certainly not right... but neither is a "I'll rah rah no matter what" attitude.
rangelady
AG
quote:
It's a game. Yeah it sucks that the Aggies have hit the ****ter, but when it's all said and done, it's a game. Show up, tailgate, drink with your friends, and then watch football. We all want the Aggies to win, but there's no sense in "boycotting" just because they aren't winning. You sound like a whiny little *****. We had a watch party that had 30+, and we all managed to have a great time, despite the outcome of the game. OP needs to grow up.

Agreed DP!
bufrilla
AG
It is always "them", "they" when not in the win column, but it is chest thumping "WE" when it's a win. You are not fans, you're G D losers!!
zmurda
quote:
There are at least some who aren't even trying and its affecting the rest of the team that actually cares. I don't expect perfection, but I do expect a team that is supposedly a high level team to give their best. Aggies hold each other accountable for being their best. So in some way, the team needs to be held accountable for not doing their best. Being vindictive and evil in response to their play is certainly not right... but neither is a "I'll rah rah no matter what" attitude.
This. Letting this program slide doesn't do anyone any favors. The real world doesn't stomach people not showing up...I'd be fired way before a 59-0 type of day in the office. Support the team, but expect to be a contender.
mitchdpm
AG
See ya later all of you quitters! Are you coming back when we start winning again? I hope not. Start following Florida State...they're winning. You will have more fun watching them.
94chem
Watching the Ags in 2012 and 2013 (thankfully I was in China for the Mizzou and LSU games), I felt like I did when BCG was b-ball coach, or when the Rangers were winning in 2010 - 13. Win or lose, I was proud of the team and the product on the field. Sometimes, the ball doesn't bounce the right way (See ND Sat. night), but I'll always respect guys who play their guts out. I don't respect this group, and I won't set my watch to see them play. That doesn't mean I don't support them - last time I checked, my dues weren't being returned, and I'll still desperately want them to win each game...but if they truly play for me like they say they do, they'll stop talking and start working.
AggieLit
quote:
quote:
No college football fan should ever feel obligated to watch a team that has been shut out by more than 50 points. We are lucky the SEC is not reviewing our status as conference members.

Is that your line in the sand....50? You are a sorry "fan." I don't like the way they played, but I support the team. Good God. It is a game. The world does not end, or even slow down if we lose! Grow up!

Need some reading comprehension. Didn't say I was going to stop watching, or wouldn't support. But no one should feel obligated to watch this year after a defeat like that. 59-0 should not be a score between two FBS teams, let alone two SEC teams.
that poster
Same arguments. Different coaches. Different decade. Different team. The only constants are arguments and the programs under achievement. What a crying shame already.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
So you only support them if they are winning?
I only support them if they are trying.
Bernie13
At this level, they are all great athletes. What seperates them is Attitude and Effort!!!
gomerschlep
AG
I was a student during the Fran years so this kind of just feels like things getting back to normal for me.
sharpdressedman
So much vitriol and fail in this thread, on both sides of the issue.
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
quote:
It's a game. Yeah it sucks that the Aggies have hit the ****ter, but when it's all said and done, it's a game. Show up, tailgate, drink with your friends, and then watch football. We all want the Aggies to win, but there's no sense in "boycotting" just because they aren't winning. You sound like a whiny little *****. We had a watch party that had 30+, and we all managed to have a great time, despite the outcome of the game. OP needs to grow up.

It's entertainment. And pretty damn expensive entertainment at that. Maybe it's not that OP doesn't want to support fellow Ags, but after over a decade of futility (aside from the JFF years) and rising prices--even the losses are no longer entertaining.

That is not a "whiny little *****" or someone that "needs to grow up," but someone who understands the value of "a game" and is irritated at being taken for a ride. Certainly people here have abandoned movies or events that cost far less for their lack of entertainment.

Football is entertainment. Nothing more. Nothing less. And when the game is no longer entertaining to people who have, for years, invested hard earned money and ever dwindling time, their frustrations should be a little more understandable.

For example, if you look at the Ducks over the same time period and their rise to national prominence, you'll be hard pressed to find the blowout losses that we Aggies have witnessed time and again. What you will find is some hard fought games and close calls. While disappointing to their fans, I believe those type of games are the kind of entertainment every Ag could stand behind.

But the **** we're watching is just plain old.

And people are tired of it.

Edit: for the following BZ comment:
quote:
There's an awful lot of ugliness out there from mad Aggies for one of its most embarrassing stretches in program history, and I can't say that I blame them. Ticket prices are sky high, the coach worked the school over for a $2 million raise during a fourth place finish in the SEC West last year (true loyalty is a long-lost word), and fans were asked to step up to pay for a $450 million ongoing renovation to Kyle Field with the idea they're helping fund a quality product that's all contributed to eliciting this response.

Y'all think this is the most embarrassing stretch of Aggie football? A rebuilding year after losing 90% of our offense, and y'all expected to be #1? Every program goes through phases like this. Do you remember the ass beating against Iowa St at Kyle Field in 2005? Or maybe losing to Arkansas State at Kyle? Losing to 3 top 5 teams is hardly embarrassing. The 59-0 game was bad, but it just looked like a young team that was overwhelmed. Was Alabama that good? Maybe. Is A&M that bad? Not even closer. Pull your head out of your ass and realize that it is just a game and that this is nowhere NEAR the worst A&M has ever been. Damn, I think some of you really think we should win the National Championship every year.
aggiehawg
AG
They are still my team. I will watch every game if at all possible. Win or lose.

It wasn't all that long ago it was impossible to watch hardly any A&M games on tv.

If they are playing, I'll be watching. "Fan" is short for "fanatic" after all.
SA-AG72
AG
Texas Aggies down in Aggieland
We've got Aggie Spirit to a man
Stand united - that's the Aggie theme
We're the Twelfth Man on the team
When we're down the going's rough and tough
We just grin and yell, "We've got the stuff!"
To fight together for the Aggie dream
We're the Twelfth Man on that fighting Aggie team
TheCougarHunter
AG
Not watching til they take out that stupid gang sign barbershop
GrayMatter
AG
quote:
I've honestly lost all excitement about this team. I didn't watch a single down of the Bama game, and clearly I made the right decision to not stay home to watch it.

If our team is gonna give up, why should I bother?

Isn't this line of thinking the definition of a t-shirt fan??
Jackass2004
AG
There are always suckers to pay the high prices and simmer in their own delusions of loyalty. Lol. I'll keep watchin em at home, much easier, cheaper and frankly better.
Squadron7
AG
quote:
quote:
I've honestly lost all excitement about this team. I didn't watch a single down of the Bama game, and clearly I made the right decision to not stay home to watch it.

Yup. One is reordering his clothing purchases and the other is reordering his time blocks. Otherwise there is no difference.

Actually, that isn't true. There is a difference: T-shirt fans aren't giant drama queens on the way out.
ILuvAgLand
quote:
See ya later all of you quitters! Are you coming back when we start winning again? I hope not. Start following Florida State...they're winning. You will have more fun watching them.

Bingo
ILuvAgLand
quote:
quote:

Yep and it makes me sick. All these types of posters should be banned
Bonfire96
AG
As a season ticket holder, I'll be in my seat at Kyle...regardless of my disappointment in the quitters on the team.
Personal Best
AG
quote:
As a season ticket holder, I'll be in my seat at Kyle...regardless of my disappointment in the quitters on the team.

+1
JimbloFisher
AG
Why bother posting about it either?
Deadwood
AG
I went to the fair. It was a beautiful day and I was positive in my gut that we were going to get absolutely throttled. Of course, I still recorded the game and watched later, but it is the first time I can remember in about 20 years I haven't watched a game live that was at least on TV. That includes 77-0. And I will keep watching but will not prioritize it over everything like I did formerly. It is just disgusting to watch.
goodag09
AG
I think ill show up for Speedy and thats about it. That guy is a winner. Even if he is on a team that truly doesnt give a flying f*** anymore other than getting blacked out at chimmy's on the reg.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Why bother posting about it either?

Where else are we supposed to air out frustrations? That's what this board is for. Are you new?
Dave Knesek
quote:
i think what OP means is , you support our team in losses...not a team that's given up.
no he doesn't, he's just a cry-baby, whinny, wuss
Swammy51
The game of college football has become a product. If you are not putting a good product out there you will soon fail. The money the average, not rich like a lot of the pumpers, fan dishes out to travel, stay, buy tickets, eat astronomically inflated priced food and drink, etc demands the product at least function. Doesn't have to be the best, just do the job and produce something. We have not seen this from this product called Texas A&M Football.
Dave Knesek
quote:
We have not seen this from this product called Texas A&M Football.
yet we're on TV every weekend and put 100K+ in the stands.... hmmm
agracer
AG
quote:
Lots of reading comprehension fail on this thread similar to this one.

quote:
The 59-0 game was bad, but it just looked like a young team that was overwhelmed. Was Alabama that good? Maybe. Is A&M that bad? Not even closer. Pull your head out of your ass and realize that it is just a game and that this is nowhere NEAR the worst A&M has ever been.
You did not watch the same game I did. I saw a bunch of player QUIT! PERIOD. There is a huge difference between young players being overwhelmed and quitting.

And I missed where people were claiming this was the worst we've ever been.
94chem
quote:

I have a BS from A&M and I've been a TMF member for 16 years. I took my wife & 5 kids out to the park and dinner instead of watching the game. That makes me neither a t-shirt fan, nor worthy of banning. It simply makes me someone who had different priorities last weekend. I can assure you I'm not regretting my decision.
ILuvAgLand
quote:
quote:

I have a BS from A&M and I've been a TMF member for 16 years. I took my wife & 5 kids out to the park and dinner instead of watching the game. That makes me neither a t-shirt fan, nor worthy of banning. It simply makes me someone who had different priorities last weekend. I can assure you I'm not regretting my decision.

It makes you a 2%er or a bandwagon fan no harm in that but you have to own it You made the decision live with it

As for those who use the players quitting excuse-
1.) that's your opinion so it doesn't hold water
2.) if some players did quit they will be replaced and those replacements deserve your support
3.). If you claim the whole team quit, well, that's hogwash

Sorry if this is harsh, but it's the reality
Frankie T
quote:

You don't want to make the effort to watch this team any more this season? Not saying I agree, but I can get that. In the end it's just 18-23 year olds playing a game and a bunch of other people watching them for our entertainment.

However at the same time you do want to make the effort to publicly disparage the program, coaches, and fellow Aggies on the field? I guess I don't understand the point of that. What is your expected gain by posting this in a public forum? It's one thing to ***** to your buddies about it, but another to post it where outsiders and recruits could see. Not flaming, just saying I don't understand doing something that appears to be detrimental to the result you would like to have.
94chem
quote:
It makes you a 2%er or a bandwagon fan no harm in that but you have to own it You made the decision live with it

I had season tickets in 2003. You can't call me anything worse than I've called myself.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.