Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Not interested in watching another Aggie down this season.

11,310 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 94chem
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've honestly lost all excitement about this team. I didn't watch a single down of the Bama game, and clearly I made the right decision to not stay home to watch it.

If our team is gonna give up, why should I bother?
fishinaggiegirl
AG
So you only support them if they are winning?
TexasAggiesWin
S
Regardless of how bad the team is performing, I will still watch the games. Fans of teams continue to watch that team play even if the performance is not very good.

I'm just glad we are no longer in the Big 12 where our past 3 weeks would have relegated the Ags to Pay-Per-View or absolutely no TV coverage...
ProudAg16
Sully14
AG
I'm dreading the upcoming games but Ill still watch every down. Glutton for punishment I suppose.
Fsanmig
quote:
i think what OP means is , you support our team in losses...not a team that's given up.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:

trying to win and losing is one thing...
not trying at all in any phase (offense, defense, special teams) is another.

why care when the team obviously doesn't?

I opted to enjoy the weather with my family on Saturday and it was an awesome decision...
PorkEatingCrusader
quote:

So you support a team and a coach that doesn't want to win for the fan base?

Op, is right! Its mediocrity like the quote above why we haven't won A National Championship is what 79 Fu**** years! Please STFU!
fishinaggiegirl
AG
quote:
quote:

So you support a team and a coach that doesn't want to win for the fan base?

Op, is right! Its mediocrity like the quote above why we haven't won A National Championship is what 79 Fu**** years! Please STFU!
Sure do!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
i think what OP means is , you support our team in losses...not a team that's given up.
03_Aggie
Trying to justify being a quitter.

"Uh, well, they quit first."
PorkEatingCrusader
Its mediocrity like the quote above why we haven't won A National Championship

Then you're certainly the problem!
Worlds Foremost Ag
AG
quote:
I'm with OP. I'll support a team that gives a damn until the end, win or lose. It's hard to commit 4 hrs of every Saturday to a team that has played like this one has the last 3 weeks. We all have other things to do.
P.C. Principal
Fair weather fans.
ag92tx
I'm not going to the game either.
Personal Best
AG
Team quit on each other.. I think at the ULM game they're going to see what it looks like when the fans quit on them.

When playing purely for pride isn't even enough, **** hits the fan.

Still going to the games but pretty embarrassed by the lack of ****s given
yeahtoast
AG
I'll be there, but I won't be happy to be not tailgating.
Texan76
Because it is college football and we only get it for 12-14 weekend a year.
Sea Gull
AG
It's a game. Yeah it sucks that the Aggies have hit the ****ter, but when it's all said and done, it's a game. Show up, tailgate, drink with your friends, and then watch football. We all want the Aggies to win, but there's no sense in "boycotting" just because they aren't winning. You sound like a whiny little *****. We had a watch party that had 30+, and we all managed to have a great time, despite the outcome of the game. OP needs to grow up.
1996OlAg
AG
I think we support them when they want to win
ILuvAgLand
quote:
Fair weather fans.

Yep. Sounds like a bunch of t shirt fans. They are quitters and trying to justify it
ADS12
Good lord 2%er !!!!
Saint Arnold
AG
"I'm not going to any more games, blah blah blah"

Whaddya want, a ****ing lollypop with a ribbon on it for such a bold statement? Who cares? You're disposable. I'll enjoy the elbow room & stretch out over your seat.

Yea, the team stinks right now. But boasting "I'm not going" is whiny *****y. Just stay home and quit acting like your presence matters to everyone else.
AggieLit
No college football fan should ever feel obligated to watch a team that has been shut out by more than 50 points. We are lucky the SEC is not reviewing our status as conference members.
Squadron7
AG
quote:
I think we support them when they want to win

I think a lot of people support the team when it serves them to. When it doesn't they withdraw their support and pat themselves on the back for their high standards.
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
No college football fan should ever feel obligated to watch a team that has been shut out by more than 50 points. We are lucky the SEC is not reviewing our status as conference members.

STFU.
TXAGBQ76
AG
sounds like now 'We're Texas"!
agracer
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm with OP. I'll support a team that gives a damn until the end, win or lose. It's hard to commit 4 hrs of every Saturday to a team that has played like this one has the last 3 weeks. We all have other things to do.
Ditto, I had to take care of some stuff Saturday and left the house when it was 10-0. When I got to my destination 15-minutes later (real time, not game time) it was 24-0. HTF does a team, a D1 team with 4-5* recruits all over the place give up 2-scores in 15-minutes. Alabama had to, KO, we had to go 3 plays, PUNT, then Alabama scores, KO, we had to go 3 plays, PUNT, then Alabama scores.....

The final score was 59-0 and bama scored only twice in the entire 2nd half. The team quit. I'm not going to waste 3-4 hours on a Saturday watching a bunch of quitters. I've watched A&M lose plenty of games and hoped until the bitter end they'd find a way to win those. But I'm not wasting time watching a bunch of spoiled, selfish quitters crap themselves in a $450M Stadium that gets used 6-7 times a year.

I'm sure I'll tune in Saturday and see which team shows up and root for the Ags. But if the selfish quitters that have been playing the last few weeks show up against ULM, I'm not going to waste my time.
ksp
quote:
quote:
I'll watch but understand where the OP is coming from.
Squadron7
AG
quote:
I'm sure I'll tune in Saturday and see which team shows up and root for the Ags. But if the selfish quitters that have been playing the last few weeks show up against ULM, I'm not going to waste my time.

Here's an idea: Tivo the game and then wait and see if they won. If they didn't, don't watch.

You save time and effort and TexAgs is spared a bunch of histrionics.

Win-Win.
EVA3
AG
Bye.
d78230
AG
I still watch the games. But no way I could rewatch the bama game. I don't have enough etoh in my house for that.

I'll be there for ULM. Paid my $150/ ticket. I'll buy my share of $8 hot dogs and $6 sodas.
AGinHI
AG
quote:
It's a game. Yeah it sucks that the Aggies have hit the ****ter, but when it's all said and done, it's a game. Show up, tailgate, drink with your friends, and then watch football. We all want the Aggies to win, but there's no sense in "boycotting" just because they aren't winning. You sound like a whiny little *****. We had a watch party that had 30+, and we all managed to have a great time, despite the outcome of the game. OP needs to grow up.

It's entertainment. And pretty damn expensive entertainment at that. Maybe it's not that OP doesn't want to support fellow Ags, but after over a decade of futility (aside from the JFF years) and rising prices--even the losses are no longer entertaining.

That is not a "whiny little *****" or someone that "needs to grow up," but someone who understands the value of "a game" and is irritated at being taken for a ride. Certainly people here have abandoned movies or events that cost far less for their lack of entertainment.

Football is entertainment. Nothing more. Nothing less. And when the game is no longer entertaining to people who have, for years, invested hard earned money and ever dwindling time, their frustrations should be a little more understandable.

For example, if you look at the Ducks over the same time period and their rise to national prominence, you'll be hard pressed to find the blowout losses that we Aggies have witnessed time and again. What you will find is some hard fought games and close calls. While disappointing to their fans, I believe those type of games are the kind of entertainment every Ag could stand behind.

But the **** we're watching is just plain old.

And people are tired of it.

Edit: for the following BZ comment:
quote:
There's an awful lot of ugliness out there from mad Aggies for one of its most embarrassing stretches in program history, and I can't say that I blame them. Ticket prices are sky high, the coach worked the school over for a $2 million raise during a fourth place finish in the SEC West last year (true loyalty is a long-lost word), and fans were asked to step up to pay for a $450 million ongoing renovation to Kyle Field with the idea they're helping fund a quality product that's all contributed to eliciting this response.

GhostRider76
AG
Win, lose or tie
I'm an Aggie till I die.
2% make the most noise....
rangelady
AG
quote:

Is that your line in the sand....50? You are a sorry "fan." I don't like the way they played, but I support the team. Good God. It is a game. The world does not end, or even slow down if we lose! Grow up!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.