Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Support Coach Sumlin

14,414 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by aggiepanther
fishinaggiegirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
welborn
Ill support him. I like him. Think he is a nice guy and good man. Also think he is a good man to these kids and teaches them more than football. I love his fatherly figure status and mentor roles he plays with them. I also hold him accountable for performances. Losing to a better team is something I can keep in perspective. Being shut out is not something that sits well all things considered. I'll take a loss. I think being shut out is complete bs though. "Garbage time points are meaningless blah blah blah" - whatever. The story is being blanked and it should not be tolerated. He needs to fix it. Whatever the f "it" is. Just my thoughts.
aggies101
Bottlehead90
AG
He showed me he could do it once so I think he can do it again
The QB problem will be tough to fix and this system is nothing without good QB play
aggie813
Big KDS supporter....but he needs to start making good on that salary. Needs to step up and get rid of Snyder. Friends are friends but business is business. Time to separate the two.
Shanked Punt
If Sumlin doesn't turn things around in a hurry, I fully support him finding employment elsewhere.
schwack schwack
AG
I don't know what's going on - it doesn't seem like they do either. I think Kenny is probably not the right guy & I think they threw Kyle into a bad situation way too late on Saturday for him to accomplish anything. Our defense sucks & I was really pulling for Snyder to make it here. I've been going to Aggie games for years & sitting in the same family seats that we've had since 1969 (that we, unfortunately, had to give up in the new seating) and have supported them thru some pretty lean years & some pretty great ones too. Disappointed in the current situation, but I'm a proud Aggie & I'm still in it for the long haul.
reload85
AG 73
gig_em02
I support Sumlin 100 percent. These are the seasons that separate the good coaches from the bad. If he could bounce back and win 8 to 9 games including the bowl we will still be on track. We need to at the very least win our crappy bowl convincingly
ag92tx
quote:
How much more support do you think he needs? $1mil...2mil...5mil?

I am fed up with being embarrassed and humiliated by this coach and his players. All summer long we had to wonder each week what players would make the headlines for being arrested or suspended. Now we hear about Kenny being throwing up drunk and being thrown out of Chimy's Thurs night. I guess his arrest in the spring was no big deal. And people aren't surprised because apparently it has been happening every Thurs night. And some are commenting it is not just Kenny. So where is the leadership and discipline from the head coach?

It is becoming more and more apparent that not only did Johnny Manziel quarterback our team the last two years but he also seems to have been the leadership and coach that kept the team together and playing to win. It was when Johnny came out of the stands to the sidelines at the Arkansas game this year that our team began to show some fire and came from behind to win. Then they wanted to win for him.
Brakeman
The coaches cant see the problems with the QB because the other teams defense is piled on top of him.

Should we teach Hill how to block for himself too?
Brakeman
Ag92TX........ Did Johnny's leadership teach Kenny how to get arrested too?
Hill Country Ag
AG
We needed the swagger. He brought it. Now we need to see the coaching. I believe he can get it done.
Gig 'Em
BQDAD08
I'll support him if he returns 70% of his salary to the univ.
realag14
Slwdsm
Ribby P
AG
Supportive
Crandall
AG
quote:
I'll support him if he returns 70% of his salary to the univ.

All of it this year.

Till then, he's a thief.
ProudAg16
AG
I support Coach Sumlin! Alabama was brutal, but we are right where we expected to be at the begininng of the season. We will be fine.
phatbeast
Crandall
AG
quote:
I support Coach Sumlin! Alabama was brutal, but we are right where we expected to be at the begininng of the season. We will be fine.

No. Even the worst Potbangers never imagined we would lose to Bama 59-0.

No one thought we would be this bad. If you did, you are a mouth breather.

BaileyAg
Crandall
AG
Wait, I support this thread. Right here is a collection of all the losers in the Zoo.

Those of you that still support Sumlin are the problem with this program. You have a loser mentality.

It's because of people like you that we will always be mediocre.

And right now, mediocre is a VAST improvement over what we are.
mitchdpm
AG
We need more Schwack and a whole lot less ag92tx (and Crandall) around here. Supporting Sumlin and expecting better are not mutually exclusive.

edited to add the giant drama queen Crandall
coupland boy
AG
I would argue that folks less susceptible to knee-jerk reactions aren't on the loser end of the spectrum.
marble rye
AG
Crandall and his ilk are entitled to their opinion just like everyone else. It's the constant need to infect every GD thread with his BS and call everyone else losers and morons bc they don't feel the need to measure their dick against number of aggie football wins.
Crandall
AG
quote:
I would argue that folks less susceptible to knee-jerk reactions aren't on the losers end of the spectrum.

I would argue that demanding more than 59-0 from a guy that makes 5 million + a year is not a knee jerk reaction.
whatthehey78
AG
Rapidly losing all faith in him as a HC. To start a season as we did and then sink into total oblivion a third of the way into the season speaks volumes about one's ability/inability to lead. I don't profess to know what the problem is, but it is the HC's primary function. Whatever this team's problem is...it's become epic and from where I sit...KDS doesn't have a clue OR he is at the center of it! Personally, I think his bubble has burst.
Crandall
AG
quote:
Crandall and his ilk are entitled to their opinion just like everyone else. It's the constant need to infect every GD thread with his BS and call everyone else losers and morons bc they don't feel the need to measure their dick against number of aggie football wins.

Why are you thinking about my dick?

You're entitled to like dicks if you want, but you don't need to talk about it here.
coupland boy
AG
quote:
quote:
I would argue that folks less susceptible to knee-jerk reactions aren't on the losers end of the spectrum.

I would argue that demanding more than 59-0 from a guy that makes 5 million + a year is not a knee jerk reaction.

If it were a recurring thing it wouldn't be a knee jerk reaction. No one here thinks 59-0 is acceptable, especially Sumlin.
coupland boy
AG
quote:
quote:

You're entitled to like dicks if you want, but you don't need to talk about it here.

Juvenile. Done with you....
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
The thing I don't understand about some of you, is that we are going to go to a bowl game this year. Probably finish 7-5, maybe 8-4 in the GD SEC West! 5-6 years ago, I would have been happy to finish 7-5 in the BDF!

And you want to FIRE him? Have you lost it? The guy has brought in the best strength coach, the best recruiting classes A&M has EVER had, (even with the attrition). He needs different coordinators under him, I'll give you that, but you're knee-jerking hard if you want to fire Sumlin. If we go anything less than 9-3 next year, I admit I was wrong and join the parade. His players aren't even freakin' seniors yet, (whatever of them are left anymore).
Crandall
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Juvenile. Done with you....

Oh boo hoo.

Did I hurt your wittle feewings?

tamuwx
AG
Year 3 and we lose 3 BAD games in a row.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.