Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Support Coach Sumlin

14,403 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by aggiepanther
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big fan of his and everything he has done to this point. Something happened the week of the Arkansas game and now the wheels have completely fallen off.

I,for one, have not given up one bit on where I think he can take us. Time to step up and make some changes though.

-Gig'em coach
neondon85
Furlock Bones
AG
Summy isn't infallible. But I believe he will take us where we want to go in time.
blip
runontexas
Post removed:
by user
BeveledAg
AgBQ1994
AG
He needs to wake up and stop being so stubborn real quick or he won't be in Aggieland very long!
MROD92
amejiajr
I am on board.
that poster
I gave him the benefit of the doubt before. He'll have to earn my support now....
Furlock Bones
AG
I'm sure he's scared to death you won't give his paycheck next week.
FriscoKid
AG
After the first couple games I was 100% sure that he made the right choice between hill and allen. Hill was making really good reads. Allen threw a better ball, but only looked at his primary target and then got jumpy in the pocket. The unknown always looks better than the really bad option that we have now.
Tango Mike
quote:
I'm sure he's scared to death you won't give his paycheck next week.

You could just as easily be mocked for pretending your support matters
coupland boy
AG
I still support the man. Pissed but we're in it together.
New Boot Goofin
BBRex
Atomic_Ag
zuize
It's just unbelievable that that coaches are not seeing the problem with the QB. Why don't they go back and watching the films again starting from the Arkansas game, and please pay close attention to Kenny's motions when he's on the field. His hand was shaking; he touched his mouth piece, moved away and then touched again ... and he kept doing that the over and over again. He's clearly nervous and shaking like hell especially when the team down. He's just totally opposite with Johnny.

Kenny Hill is just mentally not fit for quarterback position and need to be replaced immediately before it's too late.
pv
START KYLE ALLEN
chizadbot
coupland boy
AG
Didn't notice the shaking cause I was watching him throw 3 TDs to win that game.

Do we have problems at qb? Hell yes we do but I don't think it's because he's shaky.

With that said Allen deserves a shot and to get game experience and see what the boy has (at this point).
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Something happened the week of the Arkansas game and now the wheels have completely fallen off.

What happened during the Arkansas game was Sumlin seeing the team gel and gut out a win. False sense of the true status of the team.

Then Miss State game. Troubling, yes, but again team can still come together and execute from his perspective.

Then Ole Miss at home. The unraveling of cohesion in the offensive unit at every position. But Ole Miss had just beaten Bama. A very good team.

Yesterday. Oblivion. Nothing worked. Sumlin is facing a complete rebuild of this team, players and coaches. As he watches film of the Bama game over and over, he will see the things he missed before.

At least, I hope he will. With four games left in the season, he has no place to go but up, right??
SeattleAggie
Steve Keathley 89
zuize
Unfortunately you do'nt see the 3 TDs was simply pure luck.
tamc12
AG
How much more support do you think he needs? $1mil...2mil...5mil?

I am fed up with being embarrassed and humiliated by this coach and his players. All summer long we had to wonder each week what players would make the headlines for being arrested or suspended. Now we hear about Kenny being throwing up drunk and being thrown out of Chimy's Thurs night. I guess his arrest in the spring was no big deal. And people aren't surprised because apparently it has been happening every Thurs night. And some are commenting it is not just Kenny. So where is the leadership and discipline from the head coach?

It is becoming more and more apparent that not only did Johnny Manziel quarterback our team the last two years but he also seems to have been the leadership and coach that kept the team together and playing to win. It was when Johnny came out of the stands to the sidelines at the Arkansas game this year that our team began to show some fire and came from behind to win. Then they wanted to win for him.
Bankeraggie
AG
He just led the team to one of the worst losses in SEC history. Great Bama and Georgia teams didn't beat Vandy and Kentucky worse than we got beat.

Some questions, not blind support are in order.

I don't support some kind of knee jerk reaction. However, to just say "it's all good" is just silly.
coupland boy
AG
Who is saying 'it's all good'?
Space91
AG
I absolutely support Coach Sumlin. I also want to see him bench every player that quit. Talent alone is not enough.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
I also want to see him bench every player that quit.
That sounded like what he was saying at the halftime interview on the radio. It sounded like he told them at the half that open tryouts were starting. I really hope that is the case.
GA Aggie
Furlock Bones
AG
more TAMC12 idiocy. never stop posting the exact same stupid sheet.
Picadillo
He allowed it to get to this point. Year 3. He's proved he can't cut it without JFF.
Agnzona
I support KS but that will start to wane quickly if it looks like he is ignoring the many problems.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.