Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sumlin's press conf. What's your inferences or intuitions?

13,474 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by eATMup-Reveille
that poster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack cheese - how do you know all this. Are you the towel boy?
Confucius
Love the "get some perspective" posts. Alabama fans melted down after a win over Arkansas, and lit a fire under the team and Saban to respond.

We are a bunch of namby pamby fans who settle for mediocrity because we think it's not "being a good Ag" to hold one of the highest paid coaches in all of football to some accountability.
03_Aggie
quote:
It's just a bunch of 18-22 yr olds playing a game and you guys are acting like it's the end of the world....

LOL get a life... How does it get to the point that a games affects you so much

Because they've puffed their chests out to their buddies and coworkers the last two years and now they have to eat some crow. As if they actually played a part in the rise and fall themselves.
Ian Neff
AG
That's the whole point of CFB.
Tango Mike
quote:
I have finally reached a point where I am no longer surprised by the simplicity of certain minds.

See, many of you people seek to find a single reason to explain things that bother you. Because your feelings are so hurt, and your tender souls are so confused by the state of a particular relationship, you seek to isolate all your pain in one target - or one explanation - and then vilify the life out of it. That way you can concentrate all your emotional angst in one area, because you're just too hurt to take the time to seek the truth.

Would you like an example? Here are a few:

1) Johnny is gone so we suck
2) Sumlin was lucky in 2012
3) Players have a barber chair
4) We have a helicopter
5) Snyder is an awful coach
6) We pamper our players
7) Spav is too young
8) Our administration settles for mediocrity

Those are eight "reasons" that many of you have chosen take a singular focus on - and then run your tiny brains through your big mouths.

None of you know anything.
HTH.

That is a very Eric Hoffer-like analysis. Well done. Extra points if you know who Eric Hoffer was
Ian Neff
AG
Is he like a world class sprinter or something?
I'll google. Hold on.
crag
AG
quote:
I have finally reached a point where I am no longer surprised by the simplicity of certain minds.

See, many of you people seek to find a single reason to explain things that bother you. Because your feelings are so hurt, and your tender souls are so confused by the state of a particular relationship, you seek to isolate all your pain in one target - or one explanation - and then vilify the life out of it. That way you can concentrate all your emotional angst in one area, because you're just too hurt to take the time to seek the truth.

Would you like an example? Here are a few:

1) Johnny is gone so we suck
2) Sumlin was lucky in 2012
3) Players have a barber chair
4) We have a helicopter
5) Snyder is an awful coach
6) We pamper our players
7) Spav is too young
8) Our administration settles for mediocrity

Those are eight "reasons" that many of you have chosen take a singular focus on - and then run your tiny brains through your big mouths.

None of you know anything.
HTH.

So what is the problem, oh "complex" one?! What should we focus our tiny minds on?!

Oh, and you completely misused the word "vilify".
Ian Neff
AG
Crag:

No. I didn't misuse anything. But I will misuse your face when I punch it!
crag
AG
Love you too man.
Pro Sandy
AG
Looks like a bunch of people need to get a dog, amirite?

Johnny and Evans were great and carried the team. Without them, we see we should have never left the Big 12. Had we stayed, at least we would still have a chance to beat t.u. A 1-11 season where we beat texas is successful. There is no success left for this season.
Ben Diamond
A 1/11 season with a win over tu isn't a success! That mind set is awful!
Ian Neff
AG
I love you.
statto87
AG
totally agree with jack cheese.
Pro Sandy
AG
quote:
desiring to beat the hell outta t.u. is what made A&M A&M. Now we are not to different from other schools like Arkansas, fighting for the bottom of the SEC. We don't even have an instate rivalry.

That's just sad.
Ben Diamond
No it's not. Who cares about tu
Chips2003
AG
quote:
quote:
desiring to beat the hell outta t.u. is what made A&M A&M. Now we are not to different from other schools like Arkansas, fighting for the bottom of the SEC. We don't even have an instate rivalry.

That's just sad.

You are a moron.
Space91
AG
He probably realizes he needs to be more like a stern father with the team than the cool parent.
fireinthehole
Too many "uh" and "you know". Not cogent.
AggieBQ90
AG
quote:
Hahaha, OP that was just so heart wrenching.

Sumlin damn sure hasn't given a flying fig about all the millions of Aggie dollars he has spent to pamper those pansy a^^ football players and coaches.
Nor does he give a flip about the millions of dollars spent by Aggies each week in tickets, hotel rooms, food, etc. He expects it and you want us to feel some sympathy for HIM with the $5 million he gets paid yet has NOT EARNED!! And he can not even give us a win in Kyle Field with a peer team? Seriously get a grip, this man asked for the job and held us up for a raise, even without a Kyle Field win of substance!!!! And we ponied up, stupidly with nothing to show for it. This coach needs to man up and get these guy in shape to win and stop all the swag crap because he hasn't earned crap.

Johnny Manziel earned and paid Sumlins way!!!!!!!!!! Sumlin's uncanny luck may have just run out!!

I approve of this message......
ATX__Aggie
quote:
It's just a bunch of 18-22 yr olds playing a game and you guys are acting like it's the end of the world....

LOL get a life... How does it get to the point that a games affects you so much

There are over 100,000 seats in our new $450 million stadium and not one of them is "free admission." Season Ticket package is around $4000-$5000 for regular seats. People don't keep paying that when a team plays like garbage every week. Most reasonable people don't expect to win every game, but they sure as hell don't pay to see a team quit on the field like yesterday.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
He looks like a guy that just finished his worst ever professional performance and had to talk to the media about it. The guy isn't broken, clueless or defeated. He didn't forget how to coach a football team. Sumlin is frustrated at the last 3-4 weeks and hasn't had time to reflect on what went wrong. You all would be jumping up and down if he came out with "ag swag".
Pure Aggie
AG
quote:
My thoughts:

Kyle Allen Starts - that or everyone at TAMU turns on him
His good friend Snyder - is getting canned --> Muschamp we love you
Were firing our O Coordinator too --> who to replace with I don't know
thats a very good start.
bradleyk
This may be the wrong time and wrong place for a serious question, but....

Is it really a Hill problem? I don't know that Allen can do anything more productive at this stage. Seems there are bigger problems... receivers dropping balls,receiver route mistakes (or is it QB throwing wrong routes?), OLine that can't give a QB 3 seconds to scan. It takes right at 3 seconds to process a right to left scan of 4 WRs. Defensive scheme is a problem.

So... my question is really, Is Kenny Hill the real problem? When the pocket collapses, what will Allen do any differently.

This isn't the team of JFF, Evans, Swope, Matthews, Gray, etc... these kids have a long way to go, but looks more like they need to learn the playbook better and execute their assignments.
bradleyk
Crap... sorry... posted that comment in the wrong Topic from my phone.
AgBeliever
AG
It's more than a Hill problem. Space91 nailed it. We have a discipline problem.

And sonofdavid, blow it out your uptight ass. I had two uncles in WWII, and I lived on Oahu for 6 six years, so I am more than familiar with what happened at Pearl.

My point was simple. Our coach is shocked that his way of doing things is not working.

We need to stop with the swag and get back to Junction.
72jag
AG
No bs in the presser was a joke. It was full of bs and Sumlin knows how to work the media. He should have resigned after that debacle of a game but his snicker is that he makes 5.5 mill and Aggies will accecpt mediocrity and worse because they always do. And he just makes his deposits.
Ian Neff
AG
Why
in
the
hell
do
people
keep
talking
about
Muschamp?

He is THE WORST. Please stop being STUPID - PLEASE!!
Deputy Travis Junior
All the swag stuff is mostly for show with recruits. Everything I've read from people who've seen practices is that sumlin is a task master.
aTmike1998
AG
quote:
quote:
The commander of the Pacific Fleet probably had a similar look after Pearl Harbor.

That is the look of bewilderment and fear. It goes way further than any of this "He loves Kenny like a son" bullcrap.

His team is in total disarray and he knows it.

You're seriously comparing a football game to world war 2 where millions lost their lives fighting. That's absolutely ridiculous and quite sad that you would compare a football game to one of the biggest tragedies in american history

Dude, get over yourself.

dmart90
AG
quote:
The SEC doesn't allow luck to be successful
Les Miles says "hi".

Sumlin, and his coaching staff, are (or at least should be) completely embarrassed by what happened yesterday. That's I heard and saw during that interview - a man who was embarrassed and beaten.

The question is - what's he going to do about it?
threemeat
Somewhere along the way we missed the part where Sumlin gets pissed. Can someone point me to the video where sumlin uses a little fear to get guys properly motivated. Sometimes that's all kids respond to.
eATMup-Reveille
quote:
I think Kenny has started his last game for him and it hurts him. You know he's got a great relationship with his QB. He's probably like a son to him.

OK, then put Hill in timeout!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.