Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sumlin's press conf. What's your inferences or intuitions?

13,471 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by eATMup-Reveille
ShadyAftermath123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think Kenny has started his last game for him and it hurts him. You know he's got a great relationship with his QB. He's probably like a son to him.

Sumlin sounded like he had just got done crying. You can tell he progressively gathers himself emotionally from beginning to end.
aggiedoc54
AG
racist
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SnowboardAg
AG
Sumlin looked shocked and almost ghost-like. Not ready for the big league and he knows it.
Slicer97
AG
It sounded to me like there are serious issues with the team and he doesn't know how to fix it and he's deeply troubled by it
Off_The_Wood
AG
quote:
Sumlin looked shocked and almost ghost-like. Not ready for the big league and he knows it.

quote:
It sounded to me like there are serious issues with the team and he doesn't know how to fix it and he's deeply troubled by it

Both of these are very accurate
TennAg
I don't know what to infer except that he is definitely taking things seriously, whether he knows how to fix them or not. At least we didn't get any bs give-up deflection like "half the teams lost" or some Fran-brand of excuse making.
Red Rover
AG
I think we see changes at QB,some Oline changes, and some changes on Dline and one the secondary the next time tye Aggies take the field. I think they get back to their basics - hurry up offense and taking shots downfield on O. I also don't think Snyder survives the offseason. I think that's the relationship that's troubling him right now.I hope they do something to turn this around now. Playing for pride the rest of this season.
marble rye
AG
Nm. Could be untrue.
Reginald Cousins
tamc12
AG
Hahaha, OP that was just so heart wrenching.

Sumlin damn sure hasn't given a flying fig about all the millions of Aggie dollars he has spent to pamper those pansy a^^ football players and coaches.
Nor does he give a flip about the millions of dollars spent by Aggies each week in tickets, hotel rooms, food, etc. He expects it and you want us to feel some sympathy for HIM with the $5 million he gets paid yet has NOT EARNED!! And he can not even give us a win in Kyle Field with a peer team? Seriously get a grip, this man asked for the job and held us up for a raise, even without a Kyle Field win of substance!!!! And we ponied up, stupidly with nothing to show for it. This coach needs to man up and get these guy in shape to win and stop all the swag crap because he hasn't earned crap.

Johnny Manziel earned and paid Sumlins way!!!!!!!!!! Sumlin's uncanny luck may have just run out!!
ShadyAftermath123
Curious George

what are you talking about?
mid90
AG
quote:
I think Kenny has started his last game for him and it hurts him. You know he's got a great relationship with his QB. He's probably like a son to him.

You are reaching. big time.
mid90
AG
quote:
TyHolden
AG
we just got royally embarrassed on national television.
we're spending a half billion on a new stadium.
he just got a huge raise.
we've lost 3 in a row in the sec.
we haven't beat anybody since jff left.

in essence, he's probably worrying about his career. he's going to have the johnny thing hanging over his head until we win a big game again. can the air raid make it without a dual-threat qb? does not appear so. i bet he's texted kyler a hundred times tonight already. the swagcopter probably makes a surprise visit to plano on monday. the team is probably going to a movie anyway.
TennAg
You have to wonder if Sumlin isn't thinking about taking over the play-calling. To be known as an offensive genius and to have somewhat taken credit for all the qb's he's produced..he's kinda painted himself into a corner with this year's product.
marble rye
AG
Nm
tamc12
AG
And up until today's new conference, Sumlin has been an absolute arrogant jacka^^. I hope those reporters rake his a** over the coals tenfold. And especially remind how much money he is being paid and how little he has done to bring wins to A&M, especially in Kyle Field... Makes Aggies look completely foolish for paying that much money to him for such little results.
Fsanmig
Sumlin needs to bring in more swag
AgBeliever
AG
The commander of the Pacific Fleet probably had a similar look after Pearl Harbor.

That is the look of bewilderment and fear. It goes way further than any of this "He loves Kenny like a son" bullcrap.

His team is in total disarray and he knows it.
Bone6
tamc12 did you walk in on Sumlin nailing your girl in one isolated incident, or had it been going on for years?
whatthehey78
AG
Obviously embarassed...with the curtain removed, the supposed FB wizard isn't a wizard afterall.
rather be fishing
AG
quote:
Hahaha, OP that was just so heart wrenching.

Sumlin damn sure hasn't given a flying fig about all the millions of Aggie dollars he has spent to pamper those pansy a^^ football players and coaches.
Nor does he give a flip about the millions of dollars spent by Aggies each week in tickets, hotel rooms, food, etc. He expects it and you want us to feel some sympathy for HIM with the $5 million he gets paid yet has NOT EARNED!! And he can not even give us a win in Kyle Field with a peer team? Seriously get a grip, this man asked for the job and held us up for a raise, even without a Kyle Field win of substance!!!! And we ponied up, stupidly with nothing to show for it. This coach needs to man up and get these guy in shape to win and stop all the swag crap because he hasn't earned crap.

Johnny Manziel earned and paid Sumlins way!!!!!!!!!! Sumlin's uncanny luck may have just run out!!

'Can not' is usually simplified as 'cannot'
DFWag17
AG
quote:
The commander of the Pacific Fleet probably had a similar look after Pearl Harbor.

That is the look of bewilderment and fear. It goes way further than any of this "He loves Kenny like a son" bullcrap.

His team is in total disarray and he knows it.

You're seriously comparing a football game to world war 2 where millions lost their lives fighting. That's absolutely ridiculous and quite sad that you would compare a football game to one of the biggest tragedies in american history.
sharpdressedman
He was bewildered and shocked. It appears obvious to even the casual observer that something is dreadfully wrong in his football world. I did not detect an iota of confidence in his commentary. Things are very likely to get worse in the short-term.
OkinTexas
quote:

I think that's a reach. He's still a good coach. You guys played a bam team that was out for blood. He can right the ship, although it will be damned hard to do in the SEC West the toughest part of the toughest conference in college football.
No Spin Ag
Simply put he looked broken and that's not ever what you want to see in your coach. To see it in the players is one thing, but to see that on the head coach, that shows to me that he was never really put through this level of defeat or scrutiny before.

I honestly still think he had a talking to by big cigar Ags, or by his bosses at least, because that was the expression of a man that just got his ass chewed out big time.

Maybe what was said yesterday was right, like Fran, Sumlin has just gotten lucky in previous gigs. The SEC doesn't allow luck to be successful, you've got to earn each win the hard way. Hopefully he can turn this team around, because otherwise he will wind up like Fran coaching at hasbeen U.
Jack Cheese
AG
So many drama queens.

Let me help you out. Sumlin is a good coach. Despite the swagger image (which is all a sales tactic for recruits), Sumlin grinds his staff and has a very close grasp on the performance and status of every player in the 2-deep, down to their classroom and eating habits.

He is not some removed, CEO type coach. He's a hands on coach and manager. He's also not the most media savvy interviewee even when we're winning. I can't believe some of you haven't noticed that over time.

Yes, there are serious problems on this team right now. That happen to be magnified by playing 3 top 10 teams in a row, 2 of those on the road. We are under performing. We badly need the break over the next two weeks. I predict you'll see us improve and many of the problems fixed but we're just not a top 15 team this year. Get over it. No one likes getting blown out, especially not Sumlin.

Go outside, play with your kids, do something constructive, get some perspective. Jesus.
AirAgs
AG
I'm with Jack Cheese.
BQ1981
AG
Sumlin is under a national microscope now and he knows it.
rcannaday
AG
My thoughts:

Kyle Allen Starts - that or everyone at TAMU turns on him
His good friend Snyder - is getting canned --> Muschamp we love you
Were firing our O Coordinator too --> who to replace with I don't know

**Do you think McKinnley is purposely giving bad info, because he got canned from being the O-Coordinator?
MallalieuAg
AG
This will light a fire under Kevin.
KW02
AG
quote:
He was bewildered and shocked. It appears obvious to even the casual observer that something is dreadfully wrong in his football world. I did not detect an iota of confidence in his commentary. Things are very likely to get worse in the short-term.

Agreed. This was not his usual confident self even after losses.
TexasAggie_97
AG
Looking at his body language it seems like he does not know what is wrong or how to fix it. He is paid too much money to produce what we have seen the last 3 weeks. Something needs to change at breakneck speed or he needs to be shown the door. Gone are the days of giving 4-5 years to "implement" your system. Football is big business now and we have a stadium that we need to fill and having a team like this will not do that.
Ian Neff
AG
I have finally reached a point where I am no longer surprised by the simplicity of certain minds.

See, many of you people seek to find a single reason to explain things that bother you. Because your feelings are so hurt, and your tender souls are so confused by the state of a particular relationship, you seek to isolate all your pain in one target - or one explanation - and then vilify the life out of it. That way you can concentrate all your emotional angst in one area, because you're just too hurt to take the time to seek the truth.

Would you like an example? Here are a few:

1) Johnny is gone so we suck
2) Sumlin was lucky in 2012
3) Players have a barber chair
4) We have a helicopter
5) Snyder is an awful coach
6) We pamper our players
7) Spav is too young
8) Our administration settles for mediocrity

Those are eight "reasons" that many of you have chosen take a singular focus on - and then run your tiny brains through your big mouths.

None of you know anything.
HTH.
Jules_Winnfield
It's just a bunch of 18-22 yr olds playing a game and you guys are acting like it's the end of the world....

LOL get a life... How does it get to the point that a games affects you so much
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.