Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Lodge decommits SIAP

27,767 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Bunny Ag
Off_The_Wood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Demarkus Lodge has apparently decommitted from the good guys
HawaiiAg94
AG
Why?
Matsui
AG
Why?
Post removed:
by user
SARATOGA
There is still time.

Christian Kirk is coming....

He'll come back.
RTB Ag
AG
He would've never seen the field.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Reported that rushing into decision and depth at A&M as reasons. Understandable.

Baylor, TCU, and OU in the running. Best of luck to him if he decides to commit elsewhere, I have a feeling A&M will move on.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
5 star? Dang.
Off_The_Wood
AG
I have this weird feeling daylon mack might jump ship as well at some point.
oldarmy1
AG
Depth as reason? Well that tells us everything we need to know.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Ole Miss may be on to him as well. One of his former team mates from Cedar Hill who also decommitted from the good guys, Quincy Adeboyejo, has enjoyed a lot of success there.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:

Don't make judgments on the kid, when the wide receiver corps is so good and you're a potential high school prospect who is a top WR, you're going to look at options where you might be able to play immediately and be a featured WR.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Depth at the position means you got to fight for your damn starting spot. Kid is afraid of competition. If you want your starting spot given to you then by all means any big 12 school is waiting for you Damarkus.
95_Aggie
AG
BAS
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
quote:

Don't make judgments on the kid, when the wide receiver corps is so good and you're a potential high school prospect who is a top WR, you're going to look at options where you might be able to play immediately and be a featured WR.
He said it. It's not a judgement. It's a reality. Chill
carpe vinum
AG
Hamm is 0- his last 50ish "scoops".
I'll wait for someone with even moderate credibility to report it independently.
Off_The_Wood
AG
It will be really funny if he ends up at Baylor, considering all the freak young talent they have there. Talk about competition
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Why would he? Defensive depth is not nearly as tough.
SARATOGA
Signing day is still a LONG way away. Nothing wrong with getting free trips to see other places.

(Not that there is anything to see in Waco or Norman)

Our depth is awesome, and it benefits everyone as nobody can be double teamed. It is just a matter of getting that message out.

I think he comes back. Why would you early commit and not take free trips ?
InnerCityAg
quote:
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
Depth at the position means you got to fight for your damn starting spot. Kid is afraid of competition. If you want your starting spot given to you then by all means any big 12 school is waiting for you Damarkus.

Dude, stfu, you don't know this kid, he's a freakin' high school kid trying to play college football, we have a true freshman and RS freshman in our starting WR lineup, WR is crowded with top grade players.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:

Awesome. Some dude who's probably never met Mack or anyone close to him, and probably never will, has "a weird feeling." That certainly sounds credible.

As for Lodge decommitting:
-This is almost certainly true. It's front page of rival's tamu site. So they're telling the truth or got scooped something awful.
-It's never good to lose a top 50 talent, but if there's one position where we can handle it, that position is WR. We have an insane amount of WR talent on campus right now and we're still in the running for some other bluechips in this class.
-Related to the above, the big takeaway is that as long as Sumlin is our HC, we'll always have a sick amount of WR talent on campus. They saw Kenny throw the ball 60x against USCe and spread it out in the process, so they know they'll 1) get looks, 2) be in a great system that lets them showcase their skills, and 3) not face double-teams all game, every game, so there will be opportunities for highlight-type plays.
Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:
quote:
Why would he? Defensive depth is not nearly as tough.

Bingo. Completely different scenario. Since everyone has clearly already freaked about this, let's just take a moment to breath in deeply and exhale deeply. It's one decommitment at arguably our deepest position on this team. Other kids are not going to all of a sudden follow suit and do the same, especially if we just keep winning. So let's just take a chill pill and let Sumlin & co. do what they do best: address attrition with more recruiting.
onceaggie
AG
TAMU mgm..is an idiot on all boards I see.
suburban cowboy
AG
The best player will play
agcrock2005
AG
Bet he ends up at Ole Miss. He mentioned he had talked to Laquon Treadwell a couple days ago and also Adeboyejo is doing well there.
SARATOGA
In B 4 Murray de-commitment...

I'm just saying, Kenny plays for 2...

Kyle plays for 2...

I have a hard time believing Kyler is going to sit for 3...

Tannehill

Manziel

We might be becoming QB and receiver U, but a byproduct of that is going to be transfer U
The Debt
Having a competitive WR corps is precisely where you want to be even if you aren't the immediate starter.

It pushes the player to hone the craft it takes to get to the nfl. While "tape" is an important aspect of scouting, the truth is the nfl is good at talent evaluation.
texasfootball97
C Kirk!!!!!!!!
gigemrangers
AG
Kyler and Kyle will battle it out. The loser well transfer after next season.
fooz
Sad to see him go, but using depth as a reason to decommit means he's scared of competition. Just stating the obvious.
CKeith21
AG
It does hurt but we are deep and it opens up a scholly for another defensive player or out of state surprise prospect. Wish him luck and hope he changes his mind because he is a stud.
Eric Forman
AG
Nothing new... CFB has completely mangled what the word "committed" means... they should change the term from "committed" to "liking real hard right now"
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
Bet he ends up at Ole Miss. He mentioned he had talked to Laquon Treadwell a couple days ago and also Adeboyejo is doing well there.

He will recommit after the beat down we put on ole piss in a month.
Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:
Dude, stfu, you don't know this kid, he's a freakin' high school kid trying to play college football, we have a true freshman and RS freshman
in our starting WR lineup, WR is crowded with top grade players.

Exactly. The fact that he himself stated the depth as a reason for why he is looking around is proof that he does not want to compete with that talent we already have here. I'm not insulting the kid, I'm simply stating a fact.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.