Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Lodge decommits SIAP

27,757 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Bunny Ag
aeon-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BFD, one monkey doesn't steal the show, let 'em go to the inferior 12. They will not have to deal with strong competition.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:
BFD, one monkey doesn't steal the show, let 'em go to the inferior 12. They will not have to deal with strong competition.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
In all the time I've been following Aggie football, this might be the first time we've lost a top recruit because we're too good and he's worried he won't get playing time. Good.
technoviking
AG
quote:
quote:
Beat Bama with Evans, Swope, EZ, Kennedy, Johnson

Evans- 3* athlete. Had only been playing football a few years. Great find by Sherman.
Swope-3* athlete. Played RB at a white HS. Another great find by Sherman.
EZ- 4*
Johnson- 4*
Kennedy- 3* Athlete

Sherm hit the jackpot on Evans and Swope.
not to go on too much of a tangent... but sherman did a lot of great things for us. i don't think we'd be in the position we're in if he hadn't found all the diamonds in the rough he did (manziel, swope, evans, the three top 10 LTs).

massive respect to the man! he just wasn't much for a gameday college head coach.

for those that are interested or want to revisit it; his exit presser was very classy and straight forward: http://texags.com/s/3707/quotes-video-the-mike-sherman-exit-press-conference
Diet Cokehead
AG
Kirk is much better. Lodge should move on.
Bowlinag
AG
I think he just wants some free trips.
Spaceball 1
AG
Lodge is a stud, Siverand is a stud, Kirk is a stud, Johnson is a stud. Give me any 2 of those 4 and we have a sick WR haul this year.

Lodge should do what he thinks is best for him, I hope thats here. If not, we'll be fine.
12thstuntman
As of now the Rodney Anderson decommit hurts us more than this. But Lodge is the best receiver prospect in the state of Texas and its still never an easy pill to swallow knowing that. But we're still capable of signing an amazing class @ wideout if and when we land the services if Christian Kirk and Kirk Merritt.
fistofsouth
quote:
That's unfortunate but the kid has to do what is best for him. Here's to hoping he comes around
Here, here. I would love for him to wear the Maroon, but the young man HAS to do what's best for him. I think if he wants to be on TV Aggieland is a great choice. Baylor, TCU and Ole Miss all have good programs and he might put up good numbers, but if he wants his friends and family to see him put up those numbers TAMU is the place to be.
jdls13
AG
Hopefully the reason he decommitted is because he found out that Christian Kirk is coming.
Shooz in Katy
texasfootball97
quote:
Hopefully the reason he decommitted is because he found out that Christian Kirk is coming.

Couldn't agree more especially with all of the crystal balls having Kirk going to the good guys last week. Lodge would be very dangerous in our offense. Ill go out on a limb and say Kirk has a chance to be the best slot receiver in college football history in our offense. Best of luck to Lodge.
CoachLB
"The kid has to do what is best for him." That is correct. But not going to A&M doesn't mean he is automatically doing what is best for him. Only time will tell on that. I just don't understand why the best receiver in the State is concerned about the depth chart. This seems way out of character for any highly recruited player I have ever been around. If a coach at another University is telling him he won't play early at A&M, you would think that would make him more determined to prove that coach wrong. If they are telling him he would have to share the ball more and not have as many catches, then it makes him look like he cares more about catches than winning. I am not saying any of that is true. It just makes me wonder if the reason of the depth chart is just an excuse. I hope he figures it out and signs with A&M. Ignore the smiley face. Didn't mean to use that on this post.
austinAG78748
Most 5 star/4 star recruits (lodge is a 4 according to 247 and espn) want to be "The Guy" and lodge saw the writing on the wall that we are recruiting 2 other guys at his position that are rated higher than he is. Honestly I think he got butt hurt about not being "The Guy"
Reginald Cousins
ShadyAftermath123
maybe someone told him we had 2 or 3 four-star receivers transfer out of the program this last offseason because they weren't going to get enough playing time. Then he's start examining how Kirk and another blue-chip receiver are going to come in with this 2015 class and you get why he might reconsider.
chase128
AG
quote:
maybe someone told him we had 2 or 3 four-star receivers transfer out of the program this last offseason because they weren't going to get enough playing time. Then he's start examining how Kirk and another blue-chip receiver are going to come in with this 2015 class and you get why he might reconsider.
Speedy is proof that if you are good, you'll play. Speedy will block the hell out of some DBs, too. Nice to see.
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
quote:
Speedy is proof that if you are good, you'll play. Speedy will block the hell out of some DBs, too. Nice to see.
I love this kid blocking.
SausageAg
quote:
I have this weird feeling daylon mack might jump ship as well at some point.

No you don't lol
FlyingTexan
quote:
It will be really funny if he ends up at Baylor, considering all the freak young talent they have there. Talk about competition
yea but BU is also graduating a few so that might clean out the spot a little. I've never heard of any 5star WR saying he backed out for competition reasons. That only hurts you you don't want to be the only target on the team. However from a guy that knows the kid he says A&M is still in the mix he's just backing off taking another look. No idea about UT but it's a program needing talent and wanting to make a splash.
dimeboxaggie
AG
quote:
Double negatives are confusing. This is his head coach at Ceder Hill a few minutes ago

@Coach_McGuire50: Damarkus Lodge hasn't not talked to Coach Beaty or Coach Sumlin last night or today just in case anyone out there is wondering. #TTHL
In standard written English, when two negatives are used in one sentence, the negatives are
understood to cancel one another and produce a weakened affirmative.
However, in many dialects, the second negative is employed as an intensifier and should be understood as strengthening the negation rather than removing it.
Dr. Abbott, DDS
quote:
As of now the Rodney Anderson decommit hurts us more than this. But Lodge is the best receiver prospect in the state of Texas and its still never an easy pill to swallow knowing that. But we're still capable of signing an amazing class @ wideout if and when we land the services if Christian Kirk and Kirk Merritt.

Anderson would've done great things here.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
Bunny Ag
quote:

Anderson would've done great things here.
Not saying Anderson isn't a good player, but any RB at Katy has success. Two years ago everyone said they wouldn't be able to replace Adam Taylor, then insert Anderson and they didn't miss a beat. Hell, they had another sophomore (Kyle Porter) run for 1900+ yards last year when Anderson missed some time. Even some fans at the Katy game last week against the Woodlands admitted that they think Anderson will bust at the college level, similar to their other previous star backs (Aundre Dean, etc).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.