Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Speedy injury

24,448 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by TX scallywAG
Ervin Burrell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I blame GOD
We're only supposed to blame God when something good happens.
BigHead 04
AG
quote:
Orthopedic surgeon here. Isolated MCL tears (sprains) are almost always treated non-operatively. I usually keep my complete MCL tears out and in a brace for 4 weeks, then reexamine. This appears to be his situation. Be reassured they are not talking surgery, as that would mean other ligaments are injured (as seen on MRI).

Nice handle
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
quote:
Orthopedic surgeon here. Isolated MCL tears (sprains) are almost always treated non-operatively. I usually keep my complete MCL tears out and in a brace for 4 weeks, then reexamine. This appears to be his situation. Be reassured they are not talking surgery, as that would mean other ligaments are injured (as seen on MRI).

82 posts since 2008.

andrewe
quote:

Lurker of the day
The Devil
quote:
I blame GOD

Thisguy1
Considering they said it happened shortly after his TD catch, I'll still wait for it to be official.
hurst03
AG
Who was the weirdo on twitter claiming to know it was an ankle injury?
What a dewsh
AggieBill005
AG
quote:
This is true

Not turf related like all y'all assume
Really? Cause I'm pretty sure you can see the play where he got hurt - the turf gave out underneath him, knee buckled.
vivalareza
Partially tore my MCL...back on the soccer field in 4 weeks with a neoprene brace.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
viva torrente
We really need a healthy Henderson for Arkie onward. Any idea on his status?
SwigAg11
AG
quote:
We really need a healthy Henderson for Arkie onward. Any idea on his status?

He was walking around northgate after the game without a brace or crutches. Sounds like it is an even less an issue than Speedy.
jsc8116
AG
Could have sworn it was cramps with Henderson when watching on TV, he is walking fine right after the play, takes a few steps then starts to limp, didnt see anything on the play that was obvious like with Speedy
B-1 83
AG
quote:
Maybe shoulda gone turf in 14 and 15 and then grass installed spring of 16.

Why do folks keep spewing this nonsense? What makes the growing season of '16 any more special than '15? There is still ample time to get that turf rooted and the seams closed in a couple of weeks. The number of turf "experts" on this site amazes me.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
Maybe shoulda gone turf in 14 and 15 and then grass installed spring of 16.

Why do folks keep spewing this nonsense? What makes the growing season of '16 any more special than '15? There is still ample time to get that turf rooted and the seams closed in a couple of weeks. The number of turf "experts" on this site amazes me.

Don't try to bring logic in here B1. I mean, it's not like the 7 inches of rain had anything to do with it either - it's so much more fun to spout nonsense and throw blame around as if some giant conspiracy was laid out with the specific purpose of hurting our own players on our own field.

We don't play on Kyle for another month - the field will be a completely different place by the time the next home game rolls around. Provided we don't have a flood, fire or somebody drive a tractor with a disc set behind it across the field regularly between now and then anyway.
JSM04
Just guessing best case scenario. After time to heal, ramp up to game speed, plus game planning I would say Alabama week. Worst case scenario he's back after the bye week for ULM. I don't think he makes it back for Ole Miss, in any sort of major contributing role at least. Might as well gear him up for Bama.
W
AG
Pope is gonna pick up the slack
fireinthehole
Let's see, ummmm. I think it could be that, you know, like the growing season in 2016 to get grass established would be from sometime in April until our first game in early September, or somewhere, you know, around 5 months. Instead of like, you know, less than a month.

DUH!!
No Spin Ag
quote:

Pete Mitchell
quote:

Good to know if it is in fact a MCL injury
buckmaster
AG
funny how the field wasn't a problem in the lamar game. the 6-7 inch monsoon rain was the problem, perhaps they should call some local farmers up before the next big rain, borrow their tarps and cover the damn thing like major league baseball does.
Thisguy1
quote:
funny how the field wasn't a problem in the lamar game. the 6-7 inch monsoon rain was the problem, perhaps they should call some local farmers up before the next big rain, borrow their tarps and cover the damn thing like major league baseball does.

Geez that number keeps going up and up. I got 3 inches about 4 miles from Kyle.
manlyaggie
AG
I sprained my MCL playing soccer. It took roughly 1 week before I could run in a straight line, and another 3 after that to cut again. I could have played with a brace after one week, but it hurt like hell to cut. I didn't have any fear of my knee giving out, but the pain is rough.

I was on an indoor turf field when I sprained my MCL, so better turf doesn't cure all. God decided to have a monsoon the day before the game, and that's why the field was so bad. Even if the field was the same from last year that much rain would still have caused issues.
TxAgswin
AG
quote:
Thread on premium disputes this as bulls**t.

Go on...
John Galt Sr
AG
For all the conclusion jumpers.

1) Houston TV reported 6 inches of rain in College Station area. I got 4 inches in my gauge and that's what they said I got. So I believe the accuracy of the news report.
2) Broadcasting crew didn't see when Speed got hurt. So not everyone saw it including me and I watched the game twice. When did this play occur so we can go back and look at the replay.
3) Lamar game had few turf issues. Same field without the rain.
4) RSJ hurt his knew on perfect turf we had last year
5) Just an observation but most of the turf issues where between the hashes
6) KDS doesn't release injury info. What is the information on the Premium board that refutes a knee injury. I would be more likely to believe that info.
Thisguy1
It happened on the play Malcolm caught the tipped pass and had a big run afterwards, eventually running out of bounds on our sideline. Speedy was blocking for him.
duddleysdraw88
AG
quote:

giddings_ag_0610:03p, 9/15/14HAGI wish him a speedy recovery

I see what you did there.....
CDub06
AG
Shocking... 247 wrong again.
bigdm
AG
Maybe shouldn't have dug a 3' deep hole in field.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
You, got me caught in all this mess.
I guess, we can blame it on the rain.
Barnett91
I ****ing HATE rice!!!!! It's a curse!
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
carpe vinum
AG
quote:
quote:

Shocking indeed. What a pathetic bag of fail.

viva torrente
Does 247 intentionally go out of their way to piss off Sumlin?

He was obviously annoyed when talking about Speedy's injury.
CoachLB
What did 247 report?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.