Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

New Kyle Field looks piecemealed

74,432 Views | 259 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TAMU bball fan
Hammerbrau
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gap was left there for easier access and demolition.

No, the gap was left there because the new decks on the west side aren't in the same place as the existing decks on the west side. Patience, people.

Lol, you're retarded. I think I'll take my experience and common sense over that. Not sure what patience has to do with anything? It's just the way you build things. Why would they build out the SW corner when they are about to demo the adjacent decks and risk damaging WIP?

Name calling? Really?

I didn't articulate my previous statement well. There is a gap there because there is a structural expansion joint between where the 2014 Phase ends and the 2015 Phase begins.

My statement regarding patience is with respect to the forthcoming west stands that will fill in said gap.

Your statement about the gap being for demolition and crane access is incorrect. They pulled the steel erection cranes out and brought in the field sand through the southwest tunnel. If the gap was for access, they would have used it.
pathAG04
AG
i'm no engineer, but i think i know why it looks piecemeal. because it is piecemeal.
Triad
AG
B+ Troll. Good job stirring the idiots up.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Kyle will be fine. It will be no more piecemealed than Tiger Stadium, Ben Hill Griffin, of Neyland.

I do wish we would have been able to go ahead and tear down the entire east side and rebuilt the second and third decks to match the west side. Then it would have not been piecemealed at all.
HunterAggie
Wait until 2015 (which will include the West Side being completely redone). Then everything will fall into place. The important part of this equation was that Aggies overwhelmingly preferred staying at Kyle Field. That the project has progressed as it has so far is amazing to me.
R E L
AG
Meh...there are some areas that I think looked weak as they were being built, now they look better...and some that still look a little weak. But I'm willing to wait to see the final product before judging it.
agfan92
AG
4 pages . . . quite a successful troll. Hook, line, sinker.
bgrimm05
AG
quote:

Your statement about the gap being for demolition and crane access is incorrect. They pulled the steel erection cranes out and brought in the field sand through the southwest tunnel. If the gap was for access, they would have used it.

I am referring to demolition and access for phase 2.

I'd like to know why you think they didn't build the SW corner all the way to the west deck during this phase...common sense people.

[This message has been edited by Bgrimm05 (edited 8/6/2014 12:00p).]
aggieclay
More Scarlett Johansson pics please!
rcb05
AG
Your mom looks piecemealed.
bgrimm05
AG
I think the term piecemealed is being used incorrectly here. Piecemealed just means piece by piece, or in stages. Nothing negative. You could have a perfectly symmetrical building that is piecemealed.
Hammerbrau
AG
quote:
I am referring to demolition and access for phase 2.

I'd like to know why you think they didn't build the SW corner all the way to the west deck during this phase...common sense people.

The southwest corner is built as far north as it can without actually demolishing the existing stands. The old section 100 actually had to be partially demolished to allow that. There is not enough room to get equipment between the old first deck and the new one just completed.
agcrock2005
AG
Why are the cameras down?
JMJLAW
AG
Agree with OP.

90% of those who disagree just can't allow their minds to view negatively something that can't be changed.
Martin Cash
AG
quote:
Your statement about the gap being for demolition and crane access is incorrect.
Demolition is precisely why the gap was left.
duffelpud
AG
Hammerbrau
AG
quote:
Demolition is precisely why the gap was left.

My father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate knows everything about the stadium. He says you're wrong, but that's ok. We'll all find out in about four months.
Brakeman
Have a turd sandwich and check back with us in about a month.
MaysGrad09
I agree with the OP. Keeping the 3 decks looks like ****. Should have started from scratch and done more of a bowl. It looks awkwardly pieced together.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
At this point we have a larger stadium than either Baylor or purple Baylor. When the project is complete we will have a stadium larger than most of the stadiums that have hosted Super Bowls. The stadium will be one of the best,in the country. We couldn't relocate to NRG for a year because NRG a is too small.
victory
AG
quote:
its unique. it doesnt look like a cookie-cutter out of the box stadium. Big Deal.

Lol... That's one way to put it. I agree with OP, it just doesn't look right from the inside.
victory
AG
quote:
At this point we have a larger stadium than either Baylor or purple Baylor. When the project is complete we will have a stadium larger than most of the stadiums that have hosted Super Bowls.

I know right...all those empty seats for conference games against Missouri and LSU looked awesome!!! We definitely need a 100k plus stadium!!!
Chavis Sweet Stache
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gap was left there for easier access and demolition.

No, the gap was left there because the new decks on the west side aren't in the same place as the existing decks on the west side. Patience, people.

Lol, you're retarded. I think I'll take my experience and common sense over that. Not sure what patience has to do with anything? It's just the way you build things. Why would they build out the SW corner when they are about to demo the adjacent decks and risk damaging WIP?

Name calling? Really?

I didn't articulate my previous statement well. There is a gap there because there is a structural expansion joint between where the 2014 Phase ends and the 2015 Phase begins.

My statement regarding patience is with respect to the forthcoming west stands that will fill in said gap.

"erection"
anaggieshusband
They need to stick a 2x6 under that South End zone Deck to stop the bouncing
MagnumLoad
cuz it is, and has been
Swagmanag
quote:
quote:
At this point we have a larger stadium than either Baylor or purple Baylor. When the project is complete we will have a stadium larger than most of the stadiums that have hosted Super Bowls.

I know right...all those empty seats for conference games against Missouri and LSU looked awesome!!! We definitely need a 100k plus stadium!!!

Ok, I laughed.
aeon-ag
quote:
New Kyle Field looks piecemealed
Well, yes, tha's because it is. My statements the entire time was to go out on west campus and build a complete state of the art stadium, not some jigsaw puzzle. But, MY GOD, I was flamed on this site to the point I could feel my but burning. THIS WAS HALLOWED GROUND!!!!! Well, the new stadium has no parts of the older one, so, WTF is the big deal, the dirt in the playing field? That has been dug up and replace so many times through the years there's nothing hallowed about that.
LukeSkyWoker
AG
"Every building must have... its own soul."

- Louis Kahn

It's piecemealed, unique, not symmetrical, and will be totally awesome when filled up with screaming Ags.
Zip 88
Richardson Zone
AG
quote:
It's piecemealed, unique, not symmetrical, and will be totally awesome when filled up with screaming Ags.
We couldn't fill a nice stadium up with screaming Ags? For $485 million we got an awkwardly pieced together jig saw puzzle. It looks ridiculous.
95_Aggie
AG
If you don't like it, don't go. you'll be missing out though.
Richardson Zone
AG
Truly the nicest stadium in the country:

Kyle Field:
Frok
AG
quote:
quote:
We couldn't fill a nice stadium up with screaming Ags? For $485 million we got an awkwardly pieced together jig saw puzzle. It looks ridiculous.
Why don't you wait to see what it looks like when finished?

I'm sure it will be nice. It may not be the prettiest but that will be fine with me.
95_Aggie
AG
You realize it's not going to look like that right? You should wait until it's finished.
Richardson Zone
AG
quote:
I'm sure it will be nice. It may not be the prettiest but that will be fine with me.
Again why? If we were some poor money-strapped school that would make sense, but we just spent half a billion dollars for a stadium that looks like it's been added on to a little at a time for decades. We just built it. On purpose.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.