Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

New Kyle Field looks piecemealed

74,406 Views | 259 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TAMU bball fan
Johnny2Fan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Due to those gaps, it looks uneven and out of place. They messed up, stop attacking those who bring it up.
JJxvi
AG
Bull****. Gaps and other garbage weren't what needed to be fixed. There was a huge problem with ingress and egress. Waiting in lines at gates to get in a crush headed up one of the ramps, or be one of the hundreds of old people who either need to get to the game an hour and a half early and leave during the 3rd quarter to take the elevator without waiting an hour in line.

The building needed real concourses, real bathrooms. The amenities were atrocious. The building needed to make more money. More high dollar suites, more high dollar seats closer to the field. The building was an eyesore....on the OUTSIDE. The building needed to be made to fit in on campus.

As for making sure every deck lines up with every other deck on the inside? Give me a ****ing break. No stadium is like that, except the bland single level bowls in the north and on the west coast. Hardly any of the stadiums that anybody would ever list as the best in college football would ever be mistaken as paragons of perfectly aligned seating areas or any garbage like that, and even the ones that are, it isn't the reason.

The only idiots that keep parading this idea around seem to be lovers of the design of a handful of recently built NFL stadiums. Multipurpose venues designed for professional football crowds, soccer, and concerts. Certainly not purpose built for only football, and even then not purpose built to handle a crowd spanning the college football strata of fandom from 35000 students up to the uber rich.

If we had built from scratch, the building still wouldn't have been designed symmetrically sideline to sideline. The students on one sideline have vastly different cost/amenity needs than the rich donors. If you truly wanted some kind of beautiful symmetry and a new building, the first thing it would mean is kicking students into the end zones.
The Collective
AG
Well, that should end this thread.
MarathonAg03
AG
quote:
Due to those gaps, it looks uneven and out of place. They messed up, stop attacking those who bring it up.
Those who keep bring it up haven't done anything to prevent or correct the problem that they perceive.
FightingAggie
AG
quote:
I was one of the founding members of the FrankenKyke club. I didn't like that the Zone was remaining because it didn't link up with either east or west stands and I assumed that would remain the case in an updated stadium. When we started hearing descriptions of the new stadium proposals it was difficult to envision how they could integrate 4 separate structures into a coherent stadium.

I'll gladly eat my hat. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to walk from the Zone to the student section and on to the south end zone last season.
Grits
AG
Where will all the students sit? if our goal is to have 80k students by (whatever the year is) where are all the extras going to sit? will we have to spend another 500mil on renovations again?
lb3
AG
Motel California
S
quote:
Where will all the students sit? if our goal is to have 80k students by (whatever the year is) where are all the extras going to sit? will we have to spend another 500mil on renovations again?

I always took you as someone that was smarter than this
WILDMAN95
AG
quote:
quote:
I was one of the founding members of the FrankenKyke club. I didn't like that the Zone was remaining because it didn't link up with either east or west stands and I assumed that would remain the case in an updated stadium. When we started hearing descriptions of the new stadium proposals it was difficult to envision how they could integrate 4 separate structures into a coherent stadium.

I'll gladly eat my hat. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to walk from the Zone to the student section and on to the south end zone last season.

That word does seem just a little racist. Maybe racist isn't the right word.
agz win
AG
What some see as gaps others will enjoy as air vents channeling the south winds from behind the SEZ through to the west side seats.
1 of the Sliver
quote:
quote:
what really matters is what it looks when it's finished and has over 102,000 people in it

The capacity has nothing to do with how ****ty the stadium looks. And it does look ****ty
If you make it to a game this year, you will be hard pressed to find anyone in your section that will agree with you on this point. It will be described a number of different ways, but definately not ****ty.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

That word does seem just a little racist. Maybe racist isn't the right word.

I believe the word is Golem
Yell Practice
"what really matters is what it looks when it's finished and has over 102,000 Aggies standing."

BTHO the SEC.
lb3
AG
ed65
looks like an Aggie designed it.
TAMU bball fan
http://www.sh****bevo.com/board/showthread.php/94931-Tell-me-about-Texas-A-amp-M/page445

Some of these are pretty funny.

quote:
And you would connect 4 sides that have decks at different elevations and slopes how, exactly, Mr engineer? Just have the ends not align? Have the decks not be level so they fit flush? Are there even the same number of decks on all sides?

The real answer is what we here, and everywhere else, said 3 years ago. Build one from scratch. But that's where ****ness derailed the project, way back then. Because you guys decided that the acreage on which your football stadium sits is so important that you could not build one a couple of blocks down the road.

And since cs is such a one horse town, you couldn't afford to play out of town for 3 seasons to tear down and build up a new one without bankrupting the city and half the local businesses, who apparently live on 8 business days a year.

The result of all this ****ness is the abomination you see here that would make Dr Frankenstein reconsider the merit of his scientific endeavors.

quote:
I will admit that I am truly amazed. A&M had the opportunity to take a terrible and ugly stadium and actually produce something great that even Longhorn fans would have to be impressed by. Instead, they chose to basically build 4 terrible and ugly stadiums while letting the Special Ed Department figure out how to tie them all together.
quote:
Jesus ****. You $#@!ing suck at building $#@!. Please just stop.

I am sure the bids forms they sent out asked the contractor for his Corps outfit and **** grad year. $#@!ing Gomer dip $#@!s.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.