Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

early morning tweet.

48,429 Views | 373 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Heismanziel
thumbsup06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I appreciate what having Johnny on our team has done for A&M, but I am ready for him to move on after this season. There is far too much talent on our team and heading our way in the future to be talking about JFF non-stop.
mAgnoliAg
AG
The only thing I don't understand is why he has to tweet that. He should be able to just say that to somebody or text somebody about it (the fame hurts him in this case). All of his followers aren't gonna help him out with his first world problems. Just my take on it as a kid
CoachLB
During the spring game Chris Fowler said "Johnny shouldn't think about winning another Heisman because it is not going to happen." I am beginning to agree with Fowler. Johnny could pass for 5000 yds. and rush for 1200 yds and win the NC next year and not win it. There is nothing the media loves more than building up a star and then tearing him down. And Johnny not just laying low out of the spotlight to them is a reason to go after him. They almost gave Teo the Heisman because of his story. So I hope Johnny has one goal. Winning games. And really college sports with me is like the NFL. I would love for my teams players to be model citizens. But the truth is as long as they are not criminal, I just want them to win games.
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
I appreciate what having Johnny on our team has done for A&M, but I am ready for him to move on after this season

DannyDuberstein
AG
It's just the mentality of being a celebrity at that age. When you've spent a large chunk of your life holding the world by the tail, you are predisposed to thinking the world cares about your first world problems.
SpiralAg
quote:
The only thing I don't understand is why he has to tweet that. He should be able to just say that to somebody or text somebody about it (the fame hurts him in this case). All of his followers aren't gonna help him out with his first world problems. Just my take on it as a kid

Because like most kids who believe they're the center of the universe, he has an insatiable craving for attention, despite his best efforts appear mature in interviews.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
The only thing I don't understand is why he has to tweet that. He should be able to just say that to somebody or text somebody about it

welcome to the world of millenials
oldarmy1
AG
CMIKE rode the bench for his attitude and he had a ton of talent. Sumlin needs to send a message.

Still want to know if he did, in fact, wear a sip shirt to the party.
CoachLB
^^ If this is true. Don't complain about to much attention and then wear a Horn tee shirt to a party in College Station. Even more so when you are the biggest star on the A&M team.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:

welcome to the world of millenials

Yep. All millenials think they are celebrities. JFF just happens to have real celebrity because of foobawl.
parkway94
AG
So much sip hate in Hou Chron article comments. Pfft.

Just win. Winning shuts them up.
oldarmy1
AG
Whorns having a field day with it on OBGYN.

Post Your New Johnny Manziel / College Station Sux Sig Pic ITT

Thanks Johnny!
BMX Bandit
OMG! The longhorns are saying mean things!!
Austinaggie06
AG
I don't know why everyone picks on Manziel's twitter feed... I wish RSJ would shut his twitter account down. It is outright alarming.
AGinHI
AG
quote:
Yep. All millenials think they are celebrities.

quote:
Facebook is a mirror and Twitter is a megaphone, according to a new University of Michigan study exploring how social media reflect and amplify the culture's growing levels of narcissism.

Among young adult college students, we found that those who scored higher in certain types of narcissism posted more often on Twitter," said Panek, who recently received his doctorate in communication studies from U-M and will join Drexel University this fall as a visiting fellow.

"It's about curating your own image, how you are seen, and also checking on how others respond to this image," he said. "Middle-aged adults usually have already formed their social selves, and they use social media to gain approval from those who are already in their social circles."

For narcissistic college students, the social media tool of choice is the megaphone of Twitter.

"Young people may overevaluate the importance of their own opinions," Panek said. "Through Twitter, they're trying to broaden their social circles and broadcast their views about a wide range of topics and issues.

U-M study links social media and narcissism

[This message has been edited by AGinHI (edited 6/16/2013 2:42p).]
Heismanziel
I was way ahead of ESPN. I already told Johnny that nothing good usually happens at that time of day.

http://espn.go.com/videohub/video/clip?id=9392334&categoryid=2564308
SpiralAg
quote:
Whorns having a field day with it on OBGYN.

Post Your New Johnny Manziel / College Station Sux Sig Pic ITT

Thanks Johnny!

Wake me up when they have a good football team.
Ian Neff
AG
The majority of the folks positing have two things mixed up:

1) Aggieland
2) College Station

When someone says they're ready to get out of CS, like in JFFs case, they're sick of the freaking insane cops.

AGinHI
AG
It's perception.

Recruiter: Why do you want to spend the most important years of your life in a place that their own Heisman winner can't stand living in?

CoachLB
Winning will cure that. University of Ala. OU, Clemson etc. are not exactly vacation spots.
BMX Bandit
It's perception.

Recruiter: Why do you want to spend the most important years of your life in a place that has fans that rip apart their own Heisman winner for saying something dumb on twitter?
Jacques
quote:
I wish RSJ would shut his twitter account down. It is outright alarming.

I just checked that out. I need Barbara Billingsley to translate it for me. Maybe the secret is to say stuff no one understands.
wasabi1787
AG
If drunk texting and internet posting ever was used like this on normal students I am sure that 90% of college students come across as rapists, sociopaths,racists ,murderers, or prostitutes.
TKMorris
As to what prompted some of it, JFF's roommate might have given a clue.

Steven Brant ‏@SteveBreezyy 14h
I'm glad to know that our Police Officers like ours are out patrolling illegal street parking and window tent; something is wrong with that.

CS must have ordinances regulating window tinting and PD went around enforcing them last night.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
LOL!

[This message has been edited by Dave Robicheaux (edited 6/16/2013 3:26p).]
Ragnar Danneskjold
wait wait wait

a cop gave our heisman winner a ticket?! Sounds like a cop needs to be out of a job.
gambochaman
AG
Who cares
Win at football
Nothing else matters
Ian Neff
AG
Wait wait wait....

Is Ragnar actually defending the regime?!
Ragnar Danneskjold
I only defend twitter
Ian Neff
AG
Understood. 42. I get it.
JayAggie
AG
We have all sent an email/text/letter etc we regretted. Just part of growing up. Pretty sure it had nothing to do with playing for A&M and all you people that hope he leaves after this year are idiots.
Rod Tidwell
AG
Look at the bright side everyone - at least it wasn't Sumlin who tweeted what JFF did...

TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
We have all sent an email/text/letter etc we regretted.

We have all not been a Heisman Trophy winner... I think the key to remember here is that JFF is not looked at as simply a 20 year old. He is looked at as a Heisman Trophy winner. While my drunked text message at 3:00 AM really doesn't matter to anyone besides my buddies, his Twitter messages at 1:00 AM do.
gambochaman
AG
Who

Cares
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Gambo cares enough to post on this thread.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.