Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Protecting Kyle at what cost?

3,383 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 21 yr ago by
C-2ag99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brandon Horn
________________________________________________Brandon, these are three of the most idiotic points I have ever seen.
1)Not even worth replying to this one, t-sip.

2)The Corps of Cadets has authority from the city of Austin to have a parade. Let me help you understand this. Austin does not equal t.u.
As great as yall think you are, you still do not own the city of Austin. There are as many Aggies in the city as there are 'sip grads. Yell at the capital building....Let's think about this one for a minute. Who is the governor? Oh, it's an Aggie? He was in the Corps and was a yell leader? But even if he was a t-sip, the capital building is NOT part of your campus and we have just as much right to have a yell practice there as yall have to have a yell practice in front of the City Hall building in Bryan(not that you'd want to).

3)The most rediculous of your points. This is no different from any other school singing their school song or yelling "texas-fight", "raider-power" or whatever other very original cheer ________ University might have. The only difference is that Aggies, by having a yell practice AFTER the game show the team that we support them win or lose. The whole point of it is that the 12th man takes resposiblity for the loss on their part too, and therefore needs to practice yelling a little bit more. Since there are no t-sips left in the stands at the end of the game of a loss, you wouldn't know about this. If opposing fans wanted to stay in Kyle Field (in the stands, of course)and sing or cheer or yell for a couple of hours after the game I don't think ANYBODY would have a problem with it. I would respect them more for doing so. So listen to your point here... Tech fans had the right to shove a goal post into our stands because we pissed them by staying and showing support for our team? Wow. I hope you really don't think that way, but you probably do, seeing that you are a t-sip. If I pay for a seat in YOUR or any other stadium, I have the right to stand there and yell until stadium officials come and tell me to go home. (once again, this is never a problem with t-sips)

"I've seen 'em lose, I've seen 'em win, but I've never seen 'em quit."
DayAg
El Matador..

First let me start by saying , running on to anyone's home field has to rate right up there with blowdrying your hair in the shower... it aint too smart...second is, i'll guarantee if your fans act like good football fans win or lose, instead of like they just left the tractor pull stadium..nothing will be said to you or anyone else...

and you people want others respect.. lol.. respect is earned not givin on demand... you drag your ass down here and act like this aint your first rodeo, and you, your wife, and your little girl will have a good time in a good atmosphere..

ps: if i saw anyone givin you or any of your family grief, i would tell them to shut the hell up myself, as long as you didnt do anything to instigate the situation.. like i said, act like you got a little class even if you dont...
C-2ag99
AG
Day Ag...
Best post I've seen all week.

downinaggieland
AG
Quote --
"Our field is not a memorial nor is it sacred. I have walked across it after a game, just as I have walked across tu's field after a game. The brawl in '95 was unwarranted. Who says they were going for goalposts in the first place? OU fans started across the field after their win in 2000 just to celebrate with their team - no evil intent, just going from point A to point B."

--You have to be kidding. No evil intent? You know as well as I do the sole intent was to do something they were asked NOT to do. Ask any of them, I know some of the people that rushed the field and it wasn't to get to point B.

Since when do traditions at A&M need to be nationally recognized? That has to be the worst argument I have EVER heard.
ags2002
el matador, I am no longer welcome on your hallowed ground? What did I ever do wrong?

I am simply asking you to act like a normal human instead of your sterotypical sand flea when you come to Kyle this weekend, and nothing will go wrong. We treat people with respect who deserve to be treated with respect.

On the other hand, going to Lubutt is like playing russian roulette, you never know what your going to get.

It seems to me that you are coming to College Station with this enormous chip on your shoulder, looking for something to go wrong. The only thing this will do is get you beat down. I'm not just feeding you a line that you will be treated great if you just be a good fan of your team. We don't expect you to root for the Ags, or wear maroon, but we do expect you to stay off the field, don't start fights or talk a bunch of smack. Is this really too much to ask of you and your family? I don't think so.

As far as going back to your place, don't worry, I won't go back to the urinal of Texas.
DrippinAg
S
matadork-

I'm certain the only reason Lubbock exists, is so that you can get gas when you are going skiing in Colorado! That's the only reason I can see to EVER actually stop in that part of Texas!
...but i'll look you up next time I'm passing through, if you want to post your name!

The gene pool here in Austin needs a little chlorine! Saw 'Em Off!
RedassAg04
AG
el matador is just trying to protect you ags2002, after all Lubbock is the 3rd least safe city in the nation. Don't have the link at the moment but it's around on texags somewhere.
2ltmac
Ironically enough, those men who died in battle, died for those idiots right to run on the field. Not everyone respects things that others hold sacred. This is comming from one to whom Kyle Field just may end up being a memorial.

There is nothing to gain, from having a riot on Kyle Field. People could get seriously hurt or even killed. It that what we want? Someone to loose their life over a football game? It shows that they have no class, and their families and school should be ashamed, other than that how does it effect you? I was at the TU game in 95 (on the third deck), it made me mad to see that happen. What good came of it? None.

Lets just make sure that we clobber Tech and we won't have to worry about it!
TechDiver
1. As a Tech fan, I am ashamed of the behavior exhibited by our fans last year that rushed the field, brought down the goal post, and carried them to the aggie fan area. It is an embarrassment. These were a relatively small percentage of the 50,000 fans there, but these people embarrassed me. I personally apologize to aggies everywhere for it, even though I, like the hundreds of thousands of Tech fans around the world, had nothing to do with it.

2. The events last year happened because of the failure of the authorities to properly secure the field. The AUTHORITIES, including the administration and the local police.

3. It is not incumbent on any student body to "defend" anything. They do not have the authority to do so. Any physical response in an attempt to do so is violence of one civilian against another: it is criminal assault.

4. On a personal note, I agree with the horn: we don't want you doing your cheers in our stadium. It shows a lack of respect to us, your host. We expect you to sing your school song, and then sit quietly (or leave) while we sing our school song, perform our post-game rituals, and follow our band marching out of the stadium. Call it a "tradition", and one that you should respect. It is disrespectful and - dare I say it - classless - to do otherwise. We do not care about your traditions on our turf, so do not try to explain them or justify them.

5. The public universities of the State of Texas, their grounds, their buildings, and the property contained therein are the property of the People of the State of Texas - all of them - and it is up to the designated law enforcement agencies of the State to secure, and if necessary, defend them. No one else has that responsibility.

-AD

[This message has been edited by AdobeDavid (edited 10/3/2002 10:27p).]
RTG96
AG
quote:
we don't want you doing your cheers in our stadium. It shows a lack of respect to us, your host. We expect you to sing your school song, and then sit quietly (or leave)...

Davie boy,

We don't want you to bring your F'ing stupid cowbells into OUR Stadium; it shows a lack of respect to US, YOUR HOST. We don't want you bringing tortillas into OUR stadium. It shows a lack of respect to US, YOUR HOST.
Just come sit, be quiet, and sing your song and LEAVE!!!!

Hello Pot? Kettle Calling.....
Raymond Luxury Yacht
quote:
sh$# that stole Reveille during Christmas break (that took real guts to break into a guy's parents house while school was out).

He never broke into anyone's house.

Also, why weren't you guys so adamant about protecting sacred Kyle field after the Nebraska game in '98?

Raymond Luxury Yacht -
aggie93
AG
2ltmac,

The men who died in battle didn't die for the rights of people to break the law. They died to protect freedoms. There is a big difference.

I agree that it was sad that A&M students had to come on the field to keep it from being desecrated but I certainly don't like the alternative. Were they supposed to sit by as a few hundred sips tore down the goalposts at Kyle and did who knows what else to the field? Is that your solution? I agree it would have been better if adequate security was there (we should never underestimate the stupidity of tsips and raiders to do classless and illegal acts en masse) but that was a moot point at the time of the debacle in '95. Would you have honestly felt better watching the first time goalposts were torn down at Kyle to have been done by a bunch of classless drunk tsips? Why not just let them defecate in the MSC or spray paint Sul Ross while we are at it? Even if you do feel that way it is pretty unreasonable to think that every other Aggie will agree with you.

BTW, in '95 there were no more than a few actual fights that broke out and most of them were started by tsips. 99% of the people who came on the field simply linked arms and guided everyone off of the field.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.