Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Crossfit Wod's

22,183 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RedlineAg08
DuckDown2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
E3M for 36mins
A.) 50 cal row
B.) 20 DUs + 20 HSPUs
C.) 400m run
D.) 20 T2B + 20 PP (95lbs)

And I did a ring HSPU. Pretty damn difficult lol
I wasn't a fan of the ring HSPU's during the games because it is hard to define what the movement standard is exactly. Most of the guys that got it figured out just arched their back and were basically doing pushups in a decline position.
AggieChemist
AG
Warmup

Row 1000m

Back squat 5x2 @85%
Metcon
as many rounds and reps as possible in 15 min
Run 200m
12 burpee over 24" box
15 70lb sumo deadlift high pull
RedlineAg08
On vacation road tripping around the country. Just had a morning workout at Crossfit Mayhem in Tenn.

10x3 OHS

2k Row
50 Ground to Overhead (50lb Dumbbells)
jbanda
AG
Was Rich there?
jbanda
AG
Sidebar:

Got my USAW Sports Performance Coaching Cert this weekend in College Station.

I feel a lot better about teaching the lifts but a lot worse about doing them myself!
AgEng06
AG
I haven't posted in a while, but we did Double DT last Friday (except it was a partner workout, 5 rounds each, alternating). It was a beast. Those guys in the games doing all 10 rounds themselves are incredible.

Today we did:

Strict Press
1x10 @ 65%
1x8 @ 70%
2x6 @ 75%

MetCon:
5 Rounds
50 DU (50 singles + 5 burpees)
10 DL (225/155)
20 Plate push press (45/25)
30 Situps

RedlineAg08
Nah, his cousin was. The guy that started with him. He runs the gym.

Crazy number of drop ins. Like half the class. One dude was videoing the whole gym.. He pulled out a air dyne and taped himself warming up, then moved on to the rower and did the same thing.. Kind of weird and made me feel like a tool for dropping in..
culdeus
AG
There's a guy that does WODs at this little gym my company has for us. They put a platform in for deadlift and crap mainly to accommodate this guy who kept dropping barbells on the carpet area. I've heard him saying stuff like "I'm doing Laura today" but not 100% he just does crossfit wods.

Well he hogged the thing the whole day ramping up on what looked like snatches where he would literally jump off the ground when doing the clean portion, then land on the platform. He weighs maybe 330, so 330+185ish snatch made a goodly bit of noise when he'd land his jump.

I'm assuming someone can tell me what those are called. And then I'd like to know WTF? Jumping on a snatch? What is the point of this?
AgEng06
AG
I don't think it's uncommon to explode enough to come slightly off the ground on a snatch. I don't mean purposefully jumping, but a slight lift is normal.
jbanda
AG
At the USAW course, they really wanted us moving our feet on the explosion. I've always come up on my toes but never a full jump.
AggieT
AG
You should be on your toes at the end of the second pull. Your feet have to come off the ground in order to move into a receiving position, and you should land flat footed at (roughly) the same time as you lock out.
DuckDown2013
AG
quote:
Little late to the party here but Elisha and I lost our son Max at birth on 4/14/16. Our box put on a memorial WOD for us on June 18th. It was a beast, and if any of you would like to do it at your box we would be honored. Here it is:

4 Rounds
16 Cleans (135lb/95lb)
6 Hand Stand Push Ups
13 DB Floor Press (Athletes Choice on weight)
20 Wall Balls (20lb/14lb)
*Athlete must accumulate 2016 meters by rowing, running, or assault bike before workout is finished.
30 minute cap

RIP Max Pierce Mcleod Class of 2038
Born 4/14/16 9:02AM 6lbs 13oz 20" Long

Gig'em
Jarrad Mcleod'03

Today:
"In Memory of Max"
27:02

Said a prayer for your family on the last 500 meter run.
AggieChemist
AG
Row 1000m
Front Squat (5x2@85%)
Every 2 minutes for 5 sets
The Chief (AMRAP - Rounds)
Max rounds in 3 minutes of:
3 Power Cleans, 135#
6 Push-ups
9 Squats
Rest 1-minute.
Repeat for a total of 5 cycles
AgEng06
AG
Strength:
Bench 3x8

MetCon:
3 rounds, 3-person group
Person 1 -> 5 min max cal row
Person 2&3 -> 200m run, 30 WB, 12 hang clean (95#), 6 front rack lunges (95#)
Every 5 min, each person rotates 1 position. 15 minutes total.

Rest 1 min
Then, workup to squat clean 1RM as a group (1 barbell, keep increasing weight to find group max)

Finn Maccumhail
AG
Today's WOD:

Friday:
Warm Up:
5 Min AMRAP:
Wall Balls 20/14

0:00-6:00
Behind the neck snatch strict press, building... (Try to get 3-4 sets)

6:00- 12:00
Behind the neck Snatch Push Jerk, building...

12:00-20:00
Build to a heavy one rep Snatch Balance

"Statue of Isabel"
You have 7 minutes to complete Isabel (30 Snatches for time). On your 30th rep, you will hold your barbell over head for as long as possible. Each second accumulated overhead will count as one rep. For example if I complete Isabel in 6 minutes and hold the bar overhead for :60, my total score would be 90. 30 reps for Isabel + 60 seconds equals a total score of 90. You may not drop the bar after your 30th rep and pick it back up if there is time remaining. If you are unable to complete 30 reps in 7 minutes, the total number of reps completed is your final score.
giddings_ag_06
AG
I've been lurking in this thread for a while. I started learning about CF earlier this year (my girlfriend is an instructor) and actually started doing classes about 3 weeks ago. Heading to our community workout shortly. The classes have helped me tremendously
YourFavAggie
AG
Partner WOD. One works, one rests.

50 burpees

Then 5 Rounds
50 wallballs
40 push ups
30 v ups
20 slam balls
6 rope climbs

It was a burner today
Hoss
AG
I'm going in for my first ever CrossFit workout this evening. And I'm way out of shape. Hopefully with some time and good nutrition I can change that.
jbanda
AG
Awesome man! Best of luck!
RedlineAg08
Awesome, dude. Let us know how it goes.

Most of us walked in completely out of shape. Consistency is the key.
RedlineAg08
3 RFT
500m Row
20 Burpees to Target
15 T2B
10 Strict HSPUs

I don't remember my time, but I remember looking up at 15:15 in disbelief that it was taking this long... Finishing 16-17min area.
txaggie05
AG
In Durango, CO this week and dropped in at Crossfit Catacombs here. It was my first Crossfit workout at altitude and it nearly killed me.

800m row/run
30 snatches (95/65)
800m row/run
30 OHS (95/65)
800m row/run
30 thrusters (95/65)
RedlineAg08
Hahaha they tried to kill the lowlander. i couldn't think of a worse workout at altitude for someone that isn't used to it
DuckDown2013
AG
Yea I don't think it was all altitude. That one is rough.
Hoss
AG
quote:
Awesome, dude. Let us know how it goes.

Most of us walked in completely out of shape. Consistency is the key.
I'm doing a 6 week CrossFit challenge that's designed for CF newbies. From what I understand they spend the first four weeks teaching us and establishing a base and then the last two weeks we get thrown into the regular CF classes. Last night we went over some basics and did some tests...

Warm-up

1. Foam roll
2. Activation

Skill

1. Pushup position
2. Squat position
3. Situp position

CONDITIONING

CC Test 1A (AMRAP - Reps)
1 minute of pushups
1 minute of air squats
1 minute of situps

CC Test 1B (Calories)
5 minutes on assault bike for calories

That's all we did, but I have a good soreness today pretty much all over. Tonight is yoga.

thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
Little late to the party here but Elisha and I lost our son Max at birth on 4/14/16. Our box put on a memorial WOD for us on June 18th. It was a beast, and if any of you would like to do it at your box we would be honored. Here it is:

4 Rounds
16 Cleans (135lb/95lb)
6 Hand Stand Push Ups
13 DB Floor Press (Athletes Choice on weight)
20 Wall Balls (20lb/14lb)
*Athlete must accumulate 2016 meters by rowing, running, or assault bike before workout is finished.
30 minute cap

RIP Max Pierce Mcleod Class of 2038
Born 4/14/16 9:02AM 6lbs 13oz 20" Long

Gig'em
Jarrad Mcleod'03

Today:
"In Memory of Max"
27:02

Said a prayer for your family on the last 500 meter run.

Excellent time. Thank you, we are honored you did it!
Hoss
AG
For you CF veterans, does your "box" encourage yoga and do you do it regularly? The group I just joined highly encourages yoga. I took my first shot at it last night. It was good, but I felt kind of stupid because I'm fat and know my poses weren't pretty. The instructor was great though. She helped me out a lot and when it was done she even offered some encouraging words by saying that for a novice I did pretty good.

Anyway, tonight I go back for the second CF working in the 6 week challenge I'm doing, and this is the workout...

Warm-up

1. Foam roll
2. Activation

Strength

A1. Superman holds - 10 on/10 off for 2 minutes
B1. Hollow body holds - 10 on/10 off for 2 minutes

***2 min break***

C1. Close grip bench press - 12 reps with 2sec to lower, 2 sec pause at bottom
C2. Scap raises - 8 reps, with 2 seconds at top, 2 sec to lower
***4 sets of C1 then C2, 2 min rest between sets***

CONDITIONING

OPEX MAP 1 - 30 on/30 off
1. 4 rounds of 30 on/30 off run in parking lot
***2 min rest***
2. 4 rounds of 30 on/30 off run
***2 min rest***
3. 4 rounds of 30 on/30 off run

***Goal is consistent distance covered in each 30 sec ON period***

RedlineAg08
Mine doesn't. My gym doesn't have an onramp class, or dedicated time for stretching as part of the class. It's a group of guys that liked working out, enjoyed crossfit competitions, and were good at it and their gym disappeared so they opened one up so that they could continue to workout...

We kind of teach the movements as we go rather than an "on-ramp" class, and we all show up 20-30 mins before class to strech and warmup before we get started.

It's perfect for me because I can get the help I need when I need it, they provide the programming and structure, but it isn't very formal. Alot of us are there 6 days a week, and then one of the owners always opens up on Sunday and I try to talk my wife into skipping church so we can join lol

AggieT
AG
Ours does not promote yoga, but there is a focus on mobility. Yoga certainly won't hurt you. Most people just starting our are extremely tight and have a hard time getting in proper (safe) positions. Really focus on your shoulders and hips.

I usually show up 15 minutes early to stretch out, and a 8-10 minute warmup is part of the programming. Most people also stay after to stretch, foam roll, etc.
jbanda
AG
Sidebar: very good article on ratio of snatch to clean and jerk. Spot on for me.

http://breakingmuscle.com/olympic-weightlifting/why-you-need-to-know-your-snatch-to-clean-and-jerk-ratio
RedlineAg08
I'm close.. Now that my wrist is better and I can train snatch more I should be able to hit 200 soon and that would put me at 78% unless I hit 265 C&J first. I got the clean down.
jbanda
AG
1 rm max snatch is 185 which means my c+J should be between 225 and 237. That's pretty spot on if it's not a dirty clean and press.

I feel like I've neglected the split jerk and because of this has made the jerk the limiting factor in putting up decent C+J numbers. I've cleaned up to 275.
AggieChemist
AG
Warmup:

Row 500m

Weightlifting:
back squat 5x1 @ 90%

Metcon:

3 rounds for time
Run 400m
21 pullups
9 overhead squat 135 lb
AgEng06
AG
Strength:
Split Jerk
5-5-3-3-1-1

MetCon:
"Strictly Annie"
50-40-30-20-10
Strict Press (45/35) - this is much harder than it sounds
Situps

then:
3 rounds
10 Push Press (95/65)
10 TTB
RedlineAg08
Thursday (Rest Day):
5 Rounds
400m Run
10 Bench Press (185lbs)
20 GHDs
20 Burpees
20 Air Squats

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.