Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Crossfit Wod's

22,147 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RedlineAg08
DuckDown2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thought it would be fun to post some different wod's that our box's are doing.
Today was a nasty one.
Banchmark WOD:
For time:
20 Reps back squat 70%
2 Mile Run
20 Reps back squat 70%

5 minute rest

For time:
4 Rounds of:
50 Double Unders
15 American KB Swings 70#
50 Double Unders
5 Power Clean 70%

my 70% on Back Squat was 225 and 70% on PC is 165.
Terrible, but fun!
AggieGunslinger
AG
I dont have 40 minutes to run between squat sets.
AgEng06
AG
I'm just here for the hate.
DuckDown2013
AG
quote:
Yea there always are a few of those...To each their own. All i know is I have a lot fun with crossfit and have seen great results.
AggieOO
quote:
quote:
Yea there always are a few of those...To each their own. All i know is I have a lot fun with crossfit and have seen great results.
you obviously haven't posted around here much...there's more than a few.

if you wait long enough, you'll get a few legit posts. There are some crossfit people around here with thick skin that ignore all the hate and post anyway.

i think crossfit is stupid, but people tell me what i do is stupid and will make my heart explode or cause me to have knee replacements or whatever the newest "study" is.
gigemJTH12
AG
that is a strange WOD.

el_scorcho
AG
4 Rounds
-11 Deadlifts at body weight
-400M run

quick one
Diamond Dogs
S
Strength: 12 min EMOM
3 DL/2 C&J/1 Front Squat
8 Strict Pullups

WOD: For time-
100 Air Squats
50 Push Jerk @135/95
100 Air Squats

It sucked.
Presley OBannons Sword
quote:
4 Rounds
-11 Deadlifts at body weight
-400M run

quick one

My OCD would never allow me to do eleven reps of anything.
htxag09
AG
quote:
i think crossfit is stupid, but people tell me what i do is stupid and will make my heart explode or cause me to have knee replacements or whatever the newest "study" is.

As someone who has lost a lot of weight by running and diet (about 30 lbs the last 6 months) I just try to not laught at this. I couldn't count on one hand the number of overweight people who have tried to tell me I need to quit running because it's unhealthy and I should just walk....
RedlineAg08
Did the 11 DL, 100m sprint one the other day.. It sucks

This morning:
5 rounds
5 Deficit strict handstand pushup
1 legless rope climb

Followed by
50 cal row
30 kettlebell swings (70lbs)
40 cal
20 swings
30 cal
10 swings

AggieT
AG
11.3- max C&J in 5 minutes (165 RX... I used 135)

21-15-9
T2B
Box Jumps
w/ 5 burpees EMOM
Mollie03
AG
Skillwork: 10 minutes to work on handstand walks or holds

Back squats: Body weight +10

For time: 42-30-18 thrusters unbroken. if you break, finish the set with CTB pullups
txaggie05
AG
Simple but interesting one from yesterday:

10 Min AMRAP

50 burpees
20 FTF Front Squats @ 75% (225 Rx..I think only a couple of our coaches got at least 1 round at Rx)

Burpees were no big deal but had to plan out how many cleans/squat cleans you wanted to do in order to knock out the front squat reps.
plowboy1065
S
Where is the part where you check in on Facebook?
gigemJTH12
AG
quote:
I see way more people check in at regular gyms than crossfit every day.
why did you come to this thread anyways?
plowboy1065
S
To irk you
JRGAGG12
AG
6 Rounds for time:

10 Burpee Box Jumps
50 High knees (L/R = 1)
50 DU or 150 SU
100 Jumping Jacks

Much harder than it sounds...
TommyGun
AG
Are you guys doing 70% of your max for 20 straight reps or is it expected that you'll have to break it out a bit?
txaggie05
AG
You could break up the 20 reps however you wanted. Don't think anyone went unbroken. I broke mine into sets of 5 to balance out progress and keeping my heart rate somewhat in check.
18 USC 3056 Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm with you Duck! I have little time and enjoy the coaching at the box and really enjoy the results. So more WoDs the better!
AggieT
AG
You would have to break that up. 20 Reps unbroken @ 70% would be pretty much a 20 rep max set for most people. If you've never done a 20 rep max on back squat... it's an interesting experience. As in ears ringing, can't feel you body, questioning your existence type of experience. And I love doing back squats.

"During the last few reps of a true 20RM squat, just do what Jesus tells you." - Mark Ripptoe
DuckDown2013
AG
quote:
Skillwork: 10 minutes to work on handstand walks or holds

Back squats: Body weight +10

For time: 42-30-18 thrusters unbroken. if you break, finish the set with CTB pullups
need to work on my hand stand walks big time!
DuckDown2013
AG
quote:
Are you guys doing 70% of your max for 20 straight reps or is it expected that you'll have to break it out a bit?

It is whatever you need. Definitely meant to be broken up! I did 10-10 on first set then 5-5-5-5 after the 2 mile. At my box, we have what we call "terrible Tuesday's" where we usually have toughest workout of the week and don't have strength programmed in.
DuckDown2013
AG
Also keep in mind, we are in week 10 of a Back squat, strict press, dead lift 12 week program. So this 70% is off our 1RM from 10 weeks ago. So the lift isn't necessarily even a true 70% since everybody has gotten stronger over the last 10 weeks (if that makes any sense).
TommyGun
AG
quote:
Also keep in mind, we are in week 10 of a Back squat, strict press, dead lift 12 week program. So this 70% is off our 1RM from 10 weeks ago. So the lift isn't necessarily even a true 70% since everybody has gotten stronger over the last 10 weeks (if that makes any sense).

Makes sense. Definitely a lot more manageable.
RedlineAg08
20min AMRAP this morning
5 MUs
10 Burpee Box Jumps
20 Wall Balls (30lbs)
400m Run

Nice and easy. There's always a strength portion in the beginning consisting of a few lifts. My 5am class follows Invictus Masters programming for the most part. The rest of the classes follow some other programming. I think it's "what froning does" at the moment.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
The overall problem here is why you have a phone at the gym in reaching distance?

One of my favorite videos as well.

I don't dislike crossfit because when its done right, it has great results, but I've seen many more patients come in hurt from it than anything else. That said, calling the gym, "box" is so dumb
RedlineAg08
because most of us work for a living, and work comes through the phone.
DuckDown2013
AG
I agree that it can be unsafe if done improperly. I think that can be said for any form of working out. It is also important to know your personal limitations and weaknesses. I will say that I have gotten to the point to where I don't really care to increase my Dead Lift or Back squat max because for me, doing very heavy back squat or dead lift is how I will get hurt as my form tends to deteriorate with heavier weight. So, on very heavy lift days, I will just back off and work on doing more reps at a lighter weight or something that I will probably see in a wod or open like we did last year.
wangus12
AggieOO
quote:
quote:
quote:
The overall problem here is why you have a phone at the gym in reaching distance?

One of my favorite videos as well.

I don't dislike crossfit because when its done right, it has great results, but I've seen many more patients come in hurt from it than anything else. That said, calling the gym, "box" is so dumb
i love crossfit b/c it pays my wife's salary. more than half of their patients are crossfit folks who are injured.

actually its normalizing a bit, but i think a lot of that is b/c early on, the crossfit craze had every person remotely interested in the next exercise craze was in there trying and were all getting injured. Now that its died down a bit, the crossfit folks are the crossfit folks, and the fad people have moved on to orange theory or whatever. The people still doing crossfit are seasoned and know more what they are doing.
AggieLAX
wangus12
AG
Oh absolutely. There for about 5 years it seemed anybody under the age of 50 that came in with back or lower body issues was because of crossfit. Not so much now, but still plenty of them.

Orange Theory is definitely the new fad now
JRGAGG12
AG
Today's WOD:

4 Rounds:

12X Shoulder Press
12X rows
12X tricep extensions
12X bicep curls
12X pushups
1 Min Plank

1 minute rest...2X 1 minute side plank

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.