New Landcruiser vs Lexus GX 550

18,074 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Mas89
TikkaShooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks. Yeah poking around on BAT to see what prices have done over the last year as a new Gen approaches.
tk for tu juan
Tannehill was starting at WR when the current generation of the 4Runner was announced
tk for tu juan
bam02
AG
And that's why it's awesome.
mrmill3218
AG
I've never really gotten 4Runners to be honest.
bam02
AG
Thank you for that confession.
FTAco07
AG
Talked to someone at a large Lexus dealership today and they have over 1,100 reservations for the new GX already. Apparently that's somewhere between 18-24 months of their expected supply at that particular dealership so people who have already decided they want one may end up with 2025 or even 2026 model year vehicles.
jmac98
AG
Crapola I was hoping to get one in late 2024, but I've been waiting for pricing and actually want to see one in person/sit in it before I buy one. Looks like I might need to get my name on the waiting list.

If you don't know what you're doing, do it quickly.
FTAco07
AG
I would. Most dealerships don't require a deposit to get on the list. I'm on the list with full specs of what I want (or think I want at this point) but I'm still very much up in the air if I end up pulling the trigger late next year or not.
jmac98
AG
Did the dealership give you any idea on pricing?

ThreeFive
AG
Just got this text from Lexus.
drumboy
AG
Looks a little higher that what's posted on the 2024 Lexus GX550 Owners group on Facebook.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
ThreeFive
AG
Yeah, not really sure how these are distributed. We considered getting on the list at Westside Lexus and this is from a sales rep there.
FTAco07
AG
Most updated and comprehensive pricing I have seen. I found this on the internet so take that for what it's worth.

tk for tu juan
jmac98
AG
I am ready to see the new GX in person. I'm ready for a new vehicle and I think the GX is it. Any updates on when these will start hitting the lots and driveways?

Buck Compton
AG
Well hell, the GX looked fantastic, but wasn't going to do anything until I saw one in person.

Now there's a 18-24 month waiting list??
FTAco07
AG
I was told first deliveries in March but if you're not on a list already probably not getting one next year without paying a significant dealer markup.
Garrelli 5000
AG
If it is a 2 year wait list I should just sign up anyway. My wife's X5 hit 3 years old yesterday'ish. It only has 10K miles on it now but she's not in love with the car.

No issues per-se but it does have tech quirks that are annoying. An example being if you don't watch what you're doing when you turn it off you'll walk into the garage tomorrow and the radio is still playing and the dashboard lit like a christmas tree even though the vehicle is 'off'. Draining the battery all night. goofy **** like that.
Take the trash out staff.
jmac98
AG
Wow, 2 year wait, really!?!? I was hoping to get one this summer sometime. I suppose I should get my name on the waiting list then, but feel really weird not even seeing or driving a car before buying. Anyone in Houston with a Lexus dealer rec?

FTAco07
AG
Getting on the list doesn't commit you to buying. Any reputable dealer will put you on a list with no deposit and you get the option, but not obligation, to buy when a unit becomes available.
Serotonin
AG
Given new MSRP and wait list for the 550 vs current prices for 460 I'd go 460 all day and spec out as you like.

Very comfortable ride and will last forever.

Just mount a couple of jerry cans on the back because the gas mileage is atrocious.
tk for tu juan
East Dallas Ag
AG
Pricing confirmed from Lexus:

Model/Trim Starting Price MSRP (with $1,350 Destination Fee)
2024 Lexus GX 550 Premium $62,900 $64,250
2024 Lexus GX 550 Premium + $67,900 $69,250
2024 Lexus GX 550 Overtrail $67,900 $69,250
2024 Lexus GX 550 Overtrail + $75,900 $77,250
2024 Lexus GX 550 Luxury $75,900 $77,250
2024 Lexus GX 550 Luxury + $79,900 $81,250
tk for tu juan
DeadCiv
AG
Welcome to 2024
SnowboardAg
AG
Wife really wants one of those new GXs. The hype kind of reminds me of the bronco hype. Was in the chick fila line the other day and literally saw 4 newer broncos surrounding me.
nealan
I thought we were expecting starting prices for the new (" less luxurious ") Land Cruiser to be mid 50's. Now I'm seeing mid 70's…. If this is true, might as well buy a GX
'03ag
Everything I'm seeing is starting at just under $58k.

Fully loaded over $75k.

GX550 can be optioned to at least $85k I think
nealan
That sounds great to me! Sign me up at $58k!
tk for tu juan
'03ag
I love that dude. Those paper templates killed me
BBRex
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

TheDro said:

Get a Ineos Grenadier, anything else would look dumb in Colorado.
I've never heard of these but after a quick google search, dammmnnn those look cool.

I've been following these for a few years. The idea was supposed to be an affordable but capable Defender replacement. There's been a lot of disappointment regarding the final price. But they supposedly are the real deal.
'03ag
This is must watch on the Ineos. The whole thing

GrapevineAg
AG
I have no need for one, and I cannot afford one, but after watching all these vids, I want a new GX!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.