Quicker Sticker in College Station

42,756 Views | 171 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by maroon barchetta
locogringo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr./Mrs. "Doctor"

You quote a report published by the entity that is in question, no sh*t that it is going to say they did their job.

As others have said the problem is 2 fold:
1. yes clean air is a good thing (du) but the EPA has become something that it s not supposed to be

2. The reduction you are seeing in the report is not solely the work of the EPA (but of course the EPA will claim they are responsible for all the good, none of the bad)

I do work in an industry that the EPA has substantially regulated parts of. It is the same story, the ideas they are trying to implement are good in concept. The EPA's execution of the concept is what makes it unbearable. We don't mind implementing the pollutant controls, the problem comes when an "inspector" (whose total knowledge comes from a training manual that was created by politicians who modified an engineers recommendation, an engineer that they paid to come up with "stringent" regulations) comes in and sh*t cans our controls and requires more money to be wasted on different (and usually less-effective) controls.

Head shot missed (most doctors are usually bad shots). I would tell you to reload and go again but the 5 minutes I've spent on this is already more than I would like to allot to you.

But, WHAT THE HECK does this have to do with QUICKER STICKER???? They are the real pollutants!
dubi
AG
quote:
Mr./Mrs. "Doctor"

You quote a report published by the entity that is in question, no sh*t that it is going to say they did their job.

As others have said the problem is 2 fold:
1. yes clean air is a good thing (du) but the EPA has become something that it s not supposed to be

2. The reduction you are seeing in the report is not solely the work of the EPA (but of course the EPA will claim they are responsible for all the good, none of the bad)

I do work in an industry that the EPA has substantially regulated parts of. It is the same story, the ideas they are trying to implement are good in concept. The EPA's execution of the concept is what makes it unbearable. We don't mind implementing the pollutant controls, the problem comes when an "inspector" (whose total knowledge comes from a training manual that was created by politicians who modified an engineers recommendation, an engineer that they paid to come up with "stringent" regulations) comes in and sh*t cans our controls and requires more money to be wasted on different (and usually less-effective) controls.

Head shot missed (most doctors are usually bad shots). I would tell you to reload and go again but the 5 minutes I've spent on this is already more than I would like to allot to you.

But, WHAT THE HECK does this have to do with QUICKER STICKER???? They are the real pollutants!

Our illustrious Mr Dr Doctor has a PHD in some easy discipline like Chemistry....

And what would a great thread be without a few derails along the way.
locogringo
AG
to get it back on rails:

I too use the old school method. Good bonding time with the wife:

Me: pump it 3 times and hold it

Wife: (pumps, pumps, pumps) ok!

Me: you holding it?

Wife: yes

Me: (open bleeder screw, nothing comes out) Are you sure your holding it down?!?

( I hear the pedal go to the floor)

Wife: YES!!

Me: (laugh) OK, lets do it again.......and this time hold it down after you pump it

repeat a few times. good times
dubi
AG
quote:
to get it back on rails:

Me: (open bleeder screw, nothing comes out) Are you sure your holding it down?!?

Me: (laugh) OK, lets do it again.......and this time hold it down after you pump it

Same good times at the Dubi house!
txyaloo
AG
quote:
to get it back on rails:

This conversation could go an entirely different direction if it were on a different forum.
Dill-Ag13
AG
that's the point..
locogringo
AG
quote:
quote:
This conversation could go an entirely different direction if it were on a different forum.

TxAg20
AG
quote:
Flush=/=bleed, but they're very close. You don't need the vac tools for this.

When you flush the brakes, you're simply moving new fluid through the system to replace the old, not trying to get air bubbles out like when you bleed. Flushing can be done with nothing more than a turkey baster, a clear tube, and plastic bottle with a hole drilled in the cap.

To flush using this method, get a 2'-3' long clear tube that fits very snugly over your bleeder valves. Get a plastic bottle and durll a hole in the cap that is the same size as the OD of the tube. Open your master cylinder and suck out most of the brake fluid using a turkey baster, putting it into your bottle. Don't take out all of it. Leave it at the min line if you're not sure how much is too much. Fill the master cylinder with brand new brake fluid. You can go passed the full line because it will all go into the system.

Go to the farthest brake from the master cylinder, slightly crack the bleeder valve (don't open it just yet), and then put one end of the tube over it (yiu may want to zip tie it on as well. Screw the cap on your bottle, and make insert the tube through the hole. Make sure the end is below the fluid level in the bottle and at least part of the tube is always >1 tube diameter above the bleeder valve. This way, any air will always rise in the tube and never be sucked back into the system. Only brake fluid will be sucked into the tube when air is expelled.

Open the bleeder valve just enough for some fluid to come out into the hose, and begin pumping the brakes. There is no need to close the bleeder between pumps, because your tube and bottle setup prevents air from entering the system. Your tube and bottle will eventually fill with old fluid. About every ten pumps or so on the brakes, check the fluid level in your master cylinder and bottle. If the master cylinder gets low, add more new brake fluid. If the bottle gets full, close the bleeder valve, pull the tube out of the bottle, and empty the old brake fluid into a larger container. Since fluid will drain from the tube, it may be helpful to have the bottle in a tub to catch any spills. Leave some in the bottle (1/4 full), and setup the tube and bottle again. Reopen the bleeder and continue. Once you start seeing new brake fluid coming through the tube, close the bleeder and move to the second farthest brake from the master cylinder. You will be able to see a definite color difference if your fluid is dark or dirty. Repeat until you've done all of the brakes and gotten new fluid from each one. I suppose you could bleed with this method, but you may want to prime the hose with some brake fluid at the bleeder. I'd hold up one end of the hose, pour some fluid on with a funnel, and then put the free end into the bottle while making sure the fluid in the tube already stays at the bleeder. This way, fluid will be sucked in as air comes out.

I did this on my wife's 4Runner a couple of weeks ago with great results. I have noticed a significant increase in her braking performance and a firmer feel in the pedal. It also only took about an hour and a half, and I did it by myself.

Also, I forgot to mention earlier that one of the other reasons to regularly change your fluid is to prevent corrosion in your brake lines. The brake fluid holds moisture, which will corrode your lines from the inside. Changing your fluid is the only way to regularly remove this moisture build up and prolong the life of your lines.

If you want to be anal, compress the caliper pistons to get most of the old fluid out of the calipers while you do this. Also, use a new bottle of brake fluid to make sure it hasn't accumulated moisture since it was opened. Further, you can use a high temp brake fluid like Motul 600. All of this is overboard on your daily driver, but if you track or race, boiled brake fluid can be a scary thing.
Silvy
AG
Title edited.

Big brother.
dubi
AG
quote:
Title edited.

Big brother.
Noblemen06
AG
Can TexAgs get in trouble for its members "defaming" a business? Why change it? The dude is clearly a chode.
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
Can TexAgs get in trouble for its members "defaming" a business? Why change it? The dude is clearly a chode.
I believe the business owner defamed himself by his posting 10,000x more than the thread title.

But then, I'm the guy who had a thread title including:

"Dumb@$$ in chief"

edited by staff to:

[Obama]
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
quote:
To flush using this method, get a 2'-3' long clear tube that fits very snugly over your bleeder valves. Get a plastic bottle and durll a hole in the cap that is the same size as the OD of the tube. Open your master cylinder and suck out most of the brake fluid using a turkey baster, putting it into your bottle. Don't take out all of it. Leave it at the min line if you're not sure how much is too much. Fill the master cylinder with brand new brake fluid. You can go passed the full line because it will all go into the system.
Do you have a picture of this setup or a guide you used? I think i got it down, but I haven't done brakes in a while (nor on my own without guidance), so a little hesitant.

Just remembered this and came back to it... There are videos on YouTube. Just look up single person brake bleed or brake flush method. You should get a few things that pop up. It works pretty well and is by far that cheapest option out there. Including the powerade I used for my bottle, I spent <$5 + fluid cost. My wife also made dinner instead of yelling at me about being eaten up by mosquitoes and abandoning me halfway through the job.

Also, since someone else mentioned it the distance between DOT3 and 4, everything I drive has DOT3 fluid in it, so I do the change fairly regularly (30k miles). I also have a long come through heavy traffic, so my brakes are used write a bit. I believe OP's Tundra also takes DOT3 unless they sprang for DOT4 on their last flush. You can mix DOT3 and DOT4 and eventually move from 3 to 4, but I would never from 4 to 3 (especially if OEM is 4). It will say which one you need on your fill cap. 4 is better, but more expensive.

DOT5 is totally different and not compatible. It is a silicone based fluid that does not absorb water, but has different properties that can damage your brakes. DOT5.1 is supposed to have the same performance qualities as DOT5 but have the same base as 3 and 4. It's supposed to be compatible, but I can't speak from experience.
dubi
AG
Mr Dubi changed it this weekend. He said it was totally clean and a waste of his time.

4 years and 7k miles since the last brake fluid change.
Dill-Ag13
AG
speed bleeders make it a 30 minute job.

Love them
BigRobSA
quote:
Mr Dubi changed it this weekend. He said it was totally clean and a waste of his time.

Have you tried driving said vehicle. At all?
dubi
AG
quote:
quote:

We drive it to the gun range every weekend! Pew Pew!

It quit being a DD when Mr Dubi got Miata / Speedy.
BigRobSA
quote:
quote:
quote:

We drive it to the gun range every weekend! Pew Pew!

It quit being a DD when Mr Dubi got Miata / Speedy.
dubi
AG
Oops, neglected to mention he filled it to the max line. First time ever!
TexasAggie_02
AG
wow, i had only read page 1 back when this was first posted. so sad that i missed the awesomeness of page 2!!
Mockingbird Ag
AG
I must contribute. Quicker Sticker (on Briarcrest) tried to stick it to me in May over the brake fluid the same way as they did dubi. So,they are still at it.

Kate Beckett
AG
They tried that crap with me too. Just had my fluids inspected two days before inspection.
slappy
AG
Might be a start for those getting shafted.

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/contact/VI.aspx
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
quote:
Might be a start for those getting shafted.

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/contact/VI.aspx
THIS.

In Houston one time I was getting a pool car inspected at a Exxon service station, and the inspector a white guy with the name "Jerry" said that the gas cap was bad, and it needed a new one, which would cost 39 dollars.

I told him that the cap was new a month ago because someone drove off with the cap on the roof.

He said he was gonna fail it, so I said " go ahead" so I take a photo "Jerry" while he enters fails in the computer for this pool car, takes my money and gives me a fail paperwork.

When I get back in the car, I look at the paperwork, and the "Inspector's Name" is Ahmad Mohammad....

Get back to work and call DPS and send them the paperwork and photo of Jerry. When I left work at 5pm there was a state trooper there with a crow bar prying the state inspection sign off of the side of the building.
phatpat21
dubi
AG
locogringo said:

to get it back on rails:

We did this on the driveway today with both our Tundra and Sante Fe.

Lots of laughs!

Me shouting "it is getting FIRM"!
La Fours
AG
Whatever happened to Yuccadoo? I haven't seen him posting in a while. Hope he's well.
dubi
AG
It has been a hot minute since I've thought about Quicker Sticker and we now have a former employee posting about "alleged" payroll issues. I took screenshots in case the FB post vaporizes.

QS payroll issues

maroon barchetta
dubi, the owner is going to show up and call you a name!
maroon barchetta
Wow. That FB thread is something.
txyaloo
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Wow. That FB thread is something.
Good lord there are some stupid people posting in it. Reminds me of why I hate FB any only use it for marketplace
maroon barchetta
And their votes count the same as yours and mine.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.