Torchys to Old EL Chico

13,902 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Dro07
buy_dont_lease
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From the Tyler Torchy's facebook page today:

Tyler Taco Junkies - IT'S HAPPENING!

We're firing up, and you're invited to the party.

TORCHY'S TACOS TYLER
426 E. Southeast Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701

GRAND OPENING DAY
November 3, 2015 - OPEN at 7AM
Your first taco is on us!*
*Full menu, dine in or take-away, through10AM

PUBLIC PREVIEW PARTY
November 2, 2015 6PM - 9PM
FREE tacos, Drinks, Chips & Dips

Store hours upon opening:
M - Th 7am - 10pm
Fri 7am - 11pm
Sat 8am - 11pm
Sun 8am - 10pm

See y'all there!
http://torchystacos.com/location/tyler/

AggieEE2002
CTR14
Dumpster Fire
Enjoyed Torchys today!

Oh I'm in San Marcos! But glad Tyler is finally getting some good, new places to eat!
The Ragonk Strikes Back
The Ragonk Strikes Back
The Ragonk Strikes Back
Baja Shrimp
easttexasaggie04
AG
well....we're waiting. how was it?
buy_dont_lease
AG
If you've been before, it's what you expect. If you haven't been, you need to try it out if you're into tacos. The price is a little on the high side per taco ($3.50 to $4.50, generally), but the tacos are a little larger and more filling than what you might be used to with taco bell tacos. Two tacos is probably enough for most people for a meal. The best thing about Torchy's, in my opinion, is their diablo sauce, which is a habanero hot sauce.

Drove by on opening day at lunch and it was predictably packed; it might not be a good lunch destination for the next few weeks if you're in a hurry during the lunch hour on weekdays. I went this morning for breakfast at about 7:20. There was no line, but there were half a dozen people waiting for their to-go orders. I ordered in and had my food by 7:30.
Josepi
AG
Went today. I highly recommend to call in your order or order on the internet. Line to order was probably 30 people long. Call in register had one person in it. I was in and out with my order in 4 minutes.
Owlagdad
Breakfast Saturday around 9 was not crowded. Migas were I think 2.50, with 2 tortillas and plenty to make two tacos. Good food.
Josepi
AG
Forgot the food review

Between the wife and I we ordered 4 tacos. The Baja Shrimp and the Trailer Park were really good. The Democrat and some veggie taco with portabela mushrooms (can't remember the name) were pretty forgettable.
tx.agg.96
AG
quote:
Forgot the food review

Between the wife and I we ordered 4 tacos. The Baja Shrimp and the Trailer Park were really good. The Democrat and some veggie taco with portabela mushrooms (can't remember the name) were pretty forgettable.

just something not right about a portabella taco
Dro07
AG
still haven't been but i heard they don't have their liquor license yet and are giving you 2 free beers till Jan? Can anyone confirm this?
tx.agg.96
AG
+1 for the trailer park. also liked the brisket one.
cannot confirm the beer situation, had the kids with me, didnt partake.
AGC
AG
Had one free beer a piece, didn't try for more.

Edit: just remember my ID was scanned for both, so you can get at least 2.
Josepi
AG
Their guacamole is also surprisingly good. It has a little kick and there is some pungent cheese on top.
Dro07
AG
Went there yesterday. It was good nothing that I would call amazing but still good.

They have DosXX, Shiner and another Domestic on tap for free. Along with Margaritas (Lime,Strawberry,Mango) for free. I chatted with the bartender and she said that they will probably have their license late dec early jan. so if you want some free beers with ur tacos its not a bad deal.

Had their chips and queso and they were tasty.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.