Houston
Sponsored by

SBISD School Board Elections

12,811 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by P.H. Dexippus
NMAG94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With your logic that if you don't have kids currently in school in the district then you are "out of touch", then why ask for votes from people without kids currently in schools? You would likewise think they are "out of touch".

bhiler
Marvin_Zindler said:

Place 3 on the SBISD School Board is up this cycle. Candidates are:

• Ronald Hanson: No website that I can locate

Anyone know anything about these candidates? If I recall, Slattery has run and lost before. I also saw Cone was endorsed by Buzbee and John Perez is a fan.

Looking at Drews' website, it's easy to tell that he is a broken-brain lib who should be nowhere near elected office.

Discuss......

Matt Cone, as of today, has 126 elected Harris County Republican Precinct Chairs and Chair-elects endorsing him. Also, 26 GOP precinct chair and chair-elect from inside Spring Branch ISD have endorsed Matt as well. Matt was appointed by the current Spring Branch ISD Board of Trustee, to serve on the SBISD School Finance Advocacy Team. He has traveled to Austin multiple times to advocate for funding for SBISD students and student programs.

Visit Matt's website at www.MattCone4SBISD.com for more information or follow on Instagram @mattcone4sbisd

He is involved with his own children and their activities in school. He visits with teachers, administrators, and other parents and keeps up with literature that has been allowed previously. He was one of the first persons on the school premises when the school was locked down because of an intruder. He cares and definitely has a vested interest in the progress of education at SBISD. I would recommend voting for Matt Cone.

Bert315
AG
I've known David Slattery around 10 years. He is a good man with conservative values that loves his neighbors and school district. His wife taught in the district as did his daughter. He keeps up with what is going on in the district and genuinely cares to do what is right.

AggieMom24
Matt Cone is THE conservative candidate in the race, no question.

As for the aforementioned board meeting he did not attend, he chose to attend the Northbrook High School Booster Club meeting that night instead to help where he could - they were at risk of folding without volunteers. He also wanted to meet those in charge and the faculty/coaches who attend.

Matt has kids in the district, David does not.

Look, the educational landscape has changed since 2020 and is radically different from when Slattery's kids graduated in the early 2010's, no question. Pub Ed (and I would argue the family) is under attack from all sides. Matt is the best candidate to serve in that capacity.

If you want a yard sign, drop me a message.
AggieMom24
No, as a voter you should want a person with actual real-time experience in the schools and boots on the ground to make decisions.
TAG12
bhiler said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

Place 3 on the SBISD School Board is up this cycle. Candidates are:

• Ronald Hanson: No website that I can locate

Anyone know anything about these candidates? If I recall, Slattery has run and lost before. I also saw Cone was endorsed by Buzbee and John Perez is a fan.

Looking at Drews' website, it's easy to tell that he is a broken-brain lib who should be nowhere near elected office.

Discuss......

Matt Cone, as of today, has 126 elected Harris County Republican Precinct Chairs and Chair-elects endorsing him. Also, 26 GOP precinct chair and chair-elect from inside Spring Branch ISD have endorsed Matt as well. Matt was appointed by the current Spring Branch ISD Board of Trustee, to serve on the SBISD School Finance Advocacy Team. He has traveled to Austin multiple times to advocate for funding for SBISD students and student programs.

Visit Matt's website at www.MattCone4SBISD.com for more information or follow on Instagram @mattcone4sbisd

He is involved with his own children and their activities in school. He visits with teachers, administrators, and other parents and keeps up with literature that has been allowed previously. He was one of the first persons on the school premises when the school was locked down because of an intruder. He cares and definitely has a vested interest in the progress of education at SBISD. I would recommend voting for Matt Cone.

Yeah and he almost got shot because the police didn't know who he was.
cab559
AG
See a lot of Slattery signs in Wilchester, and all these homes have kids that have already graduated from SBISD schools and are in college (or older).Tells me everything I need to know. We are voting Cone.
NMAG94
Matt Cone's kids are at one of the cushiest elementary schools in the district. He has no current experience with the middle or high schools.
NMAG94
Why did Matt Cone make such a huge public mistake regarding SBISD school finance if he was on the finance committee (Which David Slattery also served on.)?
BSD
AG
NMAG94 said:

Matt Cone's kids are at one of the cushiest elementary schools in the district. He has no current experience with the middle or high schools.

Oh no! Successful young white folk!!!!!
NMAG94
Is that why Cone hired an attorney to legally challenge Slattery being on the ballot? Because he's "successful young white folk"?
BSD
AG
Does NMaG94 suck at posting? Does NMAG not provide any substance, only accusations?
TAG12
BSD said:

Does NMaG94 suck at posting? Does NMAG not provide any substance, only accusations?
Matt Cone did hire an attorney from law firm Baker Hostetler to legally challenge David's standing on the ballot. Cone and his attorney falsely accused David of missing the deadline to file and accused the SBISD Admin of falsifying records.

This is public knowledge and easy to find. Provide yourself with some substance.
cab559
AG
It's obvious NMAG94 and TAG12 are both David.
TAG12
caught us red handed!! way to go Sherlock.
BSD
AG
TAG12 said:

caught us red handed!! way to go Sherlock.

Strong third post, rook.
YellAg2004
AG
This race truly has me scratching my head. On one hand you have Cone, who seems to have the support of the same groups of people who have supported the conservative candidates from the last few SBISD elections.

On the other hand, you have Slattery, who lost previously while having the support from all your expected liberal groups. You also have his "I was for it before I was against it" SMD stance.

To really make it confusing, I'm on the mailing list for the SaveSBISD group that essentially started (as far as I know) to help support the fight against the SMD lawsuit. Their last few emails/blog posts are clearly anti-Cone in nature. While I don't think they've explicitly endorsed Slattery, they have all but formally done so (IMO). So the group that is against SMDs is in the corner of the guy that is potentially for SMDs.

Then, you have a flood of rookies on here that seem to think the biggest issue is whether or not the candidates have school-aged kids. Next I expect to hear that one candidate sold more candy bars for the PTA fundraiser than the other candidate.

In light of all this conflicting information, I like to go and see whose signs are in yards. The ones with Cone signs are the same houses that always have other conservative local candidates while the Slattery signs (the few I've seen), are in the same yards that have previously had Lizzie Fletcher, Beto, Biden, etc. Guilt by association may not be completely fair, but I'm not really likely to have much in common beliefs-wise with people who support those candidates. So if they're for Slattery, unless a very compelling case is made as to why I should ignore some of those associations (and not just the petty junior high BS that's been posted here the last few days), I'd be leaning Cone.
AggieMom24
You are absolutely right. In my area, they are all in Democrat yards.

It is also very strange that old board members who were previously outed by the candidates currently on the Board have also teamed up behind Slattery.

This is nothing more than the establishment/system fighting back and trying to swing the pendulum back to a squishy middle.

This is also revenge for making the establishment work doubly hard in the HD133 race. Same characters. Slattery's campaign manager is Mano's manager. That's why you saw the Mano signs come down and Slattery come up. Trying to kill grassroots once and for all.
BSD
AG
YellAg2004 said:

To really make it confusing, I'm on the mailing list for the SaveSBISD group that essentially started (as far as I know) to help support the fight against SMD lawsuit. Their last few emails/blog posts are clearly anti-Cone in nature. While I don't think they've explicitly endorsed Slattery, they have all but formally done so (IMO). So the group that is against SMDs is in the corner of the guy that is potentially for SMDs.

You're spot on. My neighbor was a part of this group and I just recently talked to her about it. Apparently most of the conservative minds in the group got lazy (as conservatives tend to do) after the last victories and the democrats (and their money) took over. It is not a conservative group anymore.
NMAG94
PIPEline was the group responsible for getting Alpe, Bennett, and Perez elected in the campaign two years ago. It was originally started as a GroupMe and the purpose was to get kids back to school in person, as well as fight the pass/fail that students would be given in the last 9 weeks of the 2020 spring semester.

Fast forward to Perez deciding to enter the state representative race against Mano DeAyala. Many founding members of PIPEline saw this as a slap in the face, as they were the sole reason that Perez was elected to the Board of Trustees.

This caused a split in the group, so the original PIPEline GroupMe is now called SBISD Grassrooted, with an Instagram account of the same name. The supporters of Perez created a new Pipeline GroupMe, but retained the Pipeline Instagram account.

Perez is endorsing Cone. Mano DeAyala defeated Perez in the state representative race and has endorsed Slattery.

The absolute ridiculousness of "has kids in school" has only come about because Cone is attempting to detract from the fact that he cannot match Slattery's years of work with SBISD committees.
NMAG94
Slattery has voted in the last 5 Republican primaries. He never accepted a single endorsement from any democratic party in his last campaign. These are facts.
AggieMom24
Facts:

Slattery was absolutely supported by Democrats last race. They phone banked for him and hint, hint, told you who NOT to vote for and by golly, it was the conservative candidates in the race.

And he has several Democrats on his endorsement page now.

Anyone can read between the lines and recognize who Democrats wanted to win and want to win this race.

And sounds like you have never served on an SBISD District Committee. Otherwise, you would agree that they are pretty much a waste of time. The district does what it wants.

"Many founding members of PIPEline" You mean one or two and the majority supported John in his HD133 race because he was a valuable and hardworking SBISD Trustee.
Chief_FIDO12
AG
NMAG94 said:

PIPEline was the group responsible for getting Alpe, Bennett, and Perez elected in the campaign two years ago. It was originally started as a GroupMe and the purpose was to get kids back to school in person, as well as fight the pass/fail that students would be given in the last 9 weeks of the 2020 spring semester.

Fast forward to Perez deciding to enter the state representative race against Mano DeAyala. Many founding members of PIPEline saw this as a slap in the face, as they were the sole reason that Perez was elected to the Board of Trustees.

This caused a split in the group, so the original PIPEline GroupMe is now called SBISD Grassrooted, with an Instagram account of the same name. The supporters of Perez created a new Pipeline GroupMe, but retained the Pipeline Instagram account.

Perez is endorsing Cone. Mano DeAyala defeated Perez in the state representative race and has endorsed Slattery.

The absolute ridiculousness of "has kids in school" has only come about because Cone is attempting to detract from the fact that he cannot match Slattery's years of work with SBISD committees.
So, since when has being on committees the end-all be-all of leadership? Where has the effective advocacy been to prevent the budgetary crisis? Tout committee work all you want... schools have closed down, lots of folks has been fired, and parents who already pay exorbitant property tax are donating MORE money to keep certain programs open ( https://www.khou.com/article/news/education/spring-branch-isd-spiral-program/285-a7ab0d59-cf27-4452-8cb1-dde9dfdb20f2 ).

Congrats on the committee work... unfortunately, the trend is currently aiming downward and the victims of the false pride are kids who now have fewer resources they need to succeed. So, good job, I guess?

Keep in mind, many of the board that was just removed support David.

Lastly. Please tell the former mayor of Hedwig Village his last couple blogspot articles were a bust.
NMAG94
And I don't think you will see all of the current board members supporting Cone.
NMAG94
Sounds like you are the one that has never served on an SBISD committee if you think they are a waste of time. I have served on (4) to date and it's quite sad and telling if you think volunteering time to serve your school district is a waste.

I have also lived in the district for 11 years and have had kids in SBISD schools that entire time. Just in case anyone wants to challenge the basis of my comments.

I would say the majority of PIPEline did not support Perez and that is why he lost to DeAyala. The lines were pretty obvious - Stratford supported Perez, Memorial supported DeAyala.
NMAG94
Guess what? Outgoing BOT Minda Caesar has been going to Austin for years to fight for funding. Well before she was on the BOT, she was speaking at PTA meetings and organizing bus trips to Austin to fight Robinhood. But no one seemed to care back then.
AggieMom24
Oh no, dont twist my words.

I did not say volunteering for the district was a waste of time, but most district committees are not much more than a formality. Been there, done that.

I would say Mano won because we have open primaries and leave it at that.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Agree on committees in general. My wife was involved on a committee, but ultimately decisions were made by district staff and admin. When questions were asked about certain decisions, they just pointed fingers back at the committee.

WestHoustonAg79
God bless. This thread has made me dread the mommy nimby politics from PTA to school board as my kids get into Elementary soon in SBISD. Jeezus
BSD
AG
Lololol

YellAg2004
AG
I got the same message and immediately unsubscribed. I haven't read the last 3 emails they've sent. It's disappointing that they've lost their way on their original purpose (defeating SMDs) and have gotten down into the mud with every other PAC.
TAG12
YellAg2004 said:

I got the same message and immediately unsubscribed. I haven't read the last 3 emails they've sent. It's disappointing that they've lost their way on their original purpose (defeating SMDs) and have gotten down into the mud with every other PAC.
I was wondering why people are still supporting him.

How can anyone advocate for a BOT candidate who has defrauded banks by selling collateral, defaulted on forbearance agreements in order to buy a $1M house, has engaged in theft and even vandalizing his ex-employer's equipment? This isn't slander, it's the truth. He did these things.

Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

YellAg2004
AG
To be honest, I moved out of the district last fall, but still own our old place in SBISD with hopes/plans to move back when it's time for our kid to start school. So I can't vote in the election, but I would like to keep up with things since I'll hopefully be back someday.

I'm not about to defend Matt Cone as I have no loyalty to him. What is curious though, is how a group that was pretty strongly conservative has turned into an attack dog for a guy who was on the polar opposite side of the political spectrum just a couple of years ago.

The whole thing just comes across like a crazy ex-gf.
TAG12
He wasn't on the polar opposite though. Slattery is a conservative, he's just not as loud as others about it. OG Pipeline went after him because he was Caroline's opponent. They pushed out incorrect information about him and did such a good job of it that it stuck. Some of those people have even apologized for doing so.

SB Dems supported the non-APB candidates because they are anti-Pipeline. David never sought their endorsement nor accepted it.

Marvin_Zindler
AG
BSD said:

Lololol

Ben Drews has already posted on his Facebook that his campaign didn't send this out. lol.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.