Houston
Sponsored by

SBISD School Board Elections

11,122 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by lb sand
Marvin_Zindler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TAG12 said:

YellAg2004 said:

I got the same message and immediately unsubscribed. I haven't read the last 3 emails they've sent. It's disappointing that they've lost their way on their original purpose (defeating SMDs) and have gotten down into the mud with every other PAC.
I was wondering why people are still supporting him. You didn't read the posts because you don't want to hear the truth?

How can you advocate for someone to be on the BOT who has defrauded banks by selling collateral, defaulted on forbearance agreements in order to buy a $1M house, has engaged in theft and even vandalizing his ex-employer's equipment? This isn't slander, it's the truth. He did these things.

Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

Whoa there.....can you back that up with some evidence?
Marvin_Zindler
AG
AggieMom24 said:

Facts:

Slattery was absolutely supported by Democrats last race. They phone banked for him and hint, hint, told you who NOT to vote for and by golly, it was the conservative candidates in the race.

And he has several Democrats on his endorsement page now.

Anyone can read between the lines and recognize who Democrats wanted to win and want to win this race.

And sounds like you have never served on an SBISD District Committee. Otherwise, you would agree that they are pretty much a waste of time. The district does what it wants.

"Many founding members of PIPEline" You mean one or two and the majority supported John in his HD133 race because he was a valuable and hardworking SBISD Trustee.
This is where Slattery lost me. If you have people like Spring Branch Dems, the Harris County Democrat party and AFT endorsing you...you should have said at the time, under no circumstances do I want any of those misfit toys' endorsements.

But he didn't....and that's a problem.
TAG12
Absolutely. It's all right here https://www.savesbisd.org/blog
71 jock
Slattery bots- ASSEMBLE!!!!
TAG12
He has refuted all of that.

Marvin_Zindler
AG
TAG12 said:

He has refuted all of that.

lol. I do not recall seeing a single statement from him in 2022 when those endorsements dropped. And that's a major problem. If you nod along while Randi Weingarten's union endorses you….you deserve to be nowhere near a school board.
TAG12
It's hard to see what you aren't looking for. Read the articles on SaveSBISD and tell me why they shouldn't be taken into consideration when deciding who to vote for.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
TAG12 said:

It's hard to see what you aren't looking for. Read the articles on SaveSBISD and tell me why they shouldn't be taken into consideration when deciding who to vote for.
Who's troll are you? You have a grand total of 9 posts on Texags.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
As an example of who Slattery is, consider this:

Following the 2020 and 2022 board election sweeps, a 501c4 called SOMOS was stood up. It's basically a group of all the worst people you would never want near a school board: young liberal activists trying to race hustle.

Last week SOMOS held a "candidate forum" so they could ask all the candidates about their liberal bona fides. Of course Ben Drews showed up to assumedly talk about "book bans" and trans kids.

Cone ignored the invitation from the activist group, as he should have, and didn't show.

Slattery responded and said he would try to make it…and is now apologizing for no-showing.

Again, that's the problem with Slattery. Groups like SOMOS deserve nothing but disdain and Slattery is apologizing to them.

TAG12
Marvin_Zindler said:

Following the 2020 and 2022 board election sweeps, a 501c4 called SOMOS was stood up. It's basically a group of all the worst people you would never want near a school board: young liberal activists trying to race hustle.

Last week SOMOS held a "candidate forum" so they could ask all the candidates about their liberal bona fides. Of course Ben Drews showed up to assumedly talk about "book bans" and trans kids.

Cone ignored the invitation from the activist group, as he should have, and didn't show.

Slattery responded and said he would try to make it…and is now apologizing for no-showing.

Again, that's the problem with Slattery. Groups like SOMOS deserve nothing but disdain and Slattery is apologizing to them.

It's strange that you and others in this forum care about how many posts someone has, like that could invalidate or substantiate any claims made here.

Slattery has not apologized to that group, nor does he intend to. You're right though... he would not show anyone disdain. That's not who he is. So if you want to write him off for that, then fine.

An Aggie does not lie, cheat or steal or tolerate those who do. That rules out Matt Cone.

No one here agrees with Ben Drews platform, so he's out.

I suspect you'll be casting your vote for Ronald, unless you're able to compromise with your moral convictions.

Marvin_Zindler
AG
TAG12 said:

Marvin_Zindler said:

It's strange that you and others in this forum care about how many posts someone has, like that could invalidate or substantiate any claims made here.

Slattery has not apologized to that group, nor does he intend to. You're right though... he would not show anyone disdain. That's not who he is. So if you want to write him off for that, then fine.

An Aggie does not lie, cheat or steal or tolerate those who do. That rules out Matt Cone.

No one here agrees with Ben Drews platform, so he's out.

I suspect you'll be casting your vote for Ronald, unless you're able to compromise with your moral convictions.

Lol. No buddy. I'm even more excited to cast my vote for Cone now because of your presence in this thread.

You are not helping your candidate by being a keyboard warrior.
TAG12
Good for you. Have fun in your little echo chamber.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
TAG12 said:

Good for you. Have fun in your little echo chamber.
Will do. I think you're now at your post limit for the day.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
BSD said:

Lololol

I'm not one to object to negative campaigning, but that's a ridiculous reach. Oh, and sending unsolicited political text messages should be a felony offense.
jcperez630@sbcglobal.net
AG
I appreciate ya'lls debate. All of the SaveSBISD slander is resolved litigation that often comes with being an effective business owner. These hit pieces do not provide the full truth. Matt has the bandwidth and has been in the fight alongside other Trustees for the past two years to get the necessary funding for our district.
Please feel free to call Matt to discuss any & all concerns you may have. He is the true grassroots conservative we need on the board to fight for our students, teachers & schools. With two young boys in school, he has a true pulse of what is occurring.
Tex117
AG
Why in the world is this such a contested election for a school board position?

Are they all like this and I've just missed it?
Mikeyshooter
AG
Tex117 said:

Why in the world is this such a contested election for a school board position?

Are they all like this and I've just missed it?

I was thinking the same thing today. These people aren't getting paid (much if anything). Being on School
Board doesn't exactly jumpstart a political career. So it's basically just people trying to serve their oversized egos.

lb sand
AG
Looks like slattery pulled out a win.
https://www.springbranchisd.com/news/read-more/~board/sbisd-post-board/post/spring-branch-isd-unofficial-election-results-may-4-2024

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.