Houston
Sponsored by

UH vs UCONN

5,773 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
HBCanine08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BK9i971hN1X

Coogs letting the world know
GoAgs92
AG
UH not getting in the Big 12.

why would any team vote them in?
WES2006AG
AG
I just don't see what UH brings to the Big 12. They may be a better for than most of the schools on that terrible list of potential expansion teams. But that really isn't saying much.
Liquid Wrench
Don't you think the Big xii just balks at expansion instead of reworking a tv share with schools that don't bring huge new markets?
Scientific
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

I think that is in large part because the average sports fan in this town with disposable income spends their sports ticket dollar in College Station or Austin, or on a substitute like a big screen. Pro sports frankly appeal the most to folks that don't have a strong collegiate sports alma mater or blue collar. The reason the Texans have a strong following in this town is blue collar Hispanic fans without a college degree. Flame away.

Boston is a prime example of a very educated city where pro sports, and collegiate connections are strong. Boston College gets solid support despite how much they suck. Even Northwestern's alum support their crummy sports from time to time, against the traditional Chicago pro teams.

If it weren't for the blue collar fans the Texans attract in a football crazy state, they'd be getting the same treatment. No, we just suck as a sports town.
aTm2004
AG
WES2006AG said:

I just don't see what UH brings to the Big 12. They may be a better for than most of the schools on that terrible list of potential expansion teams. But that really isn't saying much.
The biggest thing it brings is another submissive team for t.u., as well as gets Cougar High to STFU about the campus they're wanting to build in Houston.
LostInLA07
AG
Woohoo. 40,873.
Aggiemike96
AG
What was their largest crowd at TDECU?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
The e-defending of Cougar high is getting close to tech tard level.
Texaggie7nine
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

The e-defending of Cougar high is getting close to tech tard level.
I'm no Tex Angler but I give respect where it's due.

I may not be a fan of Hillary but if I see people saying something like "she's made a pact with space aliens" I will call stupid out as stupid.

Coug High is doing far better than what most schools could do given the same resources.
7nine
bularry
went to game last night. sat up high and it was a nice view of downtown from the stadium. beautiful weather, too. tough to beat for $10 a seat.

UH has a solid team this year, no doubt.
HBCanine08
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I may not be a fan of Hillary but if I see people saying something like "she's made a pact with space aliens" I will call stupid out as stupid.
Explain how making a pact with space aliens is stupid. I'm all ears.
Jaydoug
AG
Native Houstonians whose father and grandfather went to UH. Grew up with them and still support them now that we don't play. Fun crowd, fun band and now fun football.

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I dont mind the cougars, but man it gets tough listening to them try to validate themselves.

I will likely check out the Louisville game. Should be a great atmosphere. I like the stadium. They did a lot of things great in there
HBCanine08
AG

I dont mind the cougars, but man it gets tough listening to them try to validate themselves.
This is very true.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Do you mean Matt Thomas?

Most of the real life coogs I know are kind of blown away and trying not to say anything to jinx it. I think a ton are still late getting on the bandwagon because football just wasn't a big deal when they were in school. Even in the Klingler days the fan turnout was pathetic.
Texaggie7nine

I will likely check out the Louisville game. Should be a great atmosphere. I like the stadium. They did a lot of things great in there
I would get tired of it if I was around avid Coog fans alot and I had to listen to them try to say they could dominate the Big 12 and beat most SEC teams. But when you don't have to listen to their homerism, it's not difficult to respect that program for what it has done.

I could see it becoming another TCU if it could keep a good coach for 10 years.
7nine
ChipFTAC01
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Do you mean Matt Thomas?

Most of the real life coogs I know are kind of blown away and trying not to say anything to jinx it. I think a ton are still late getting on the bandwagon because football just wasn't a big deal when they were in school. Even in the Klingler days the fan turnout was pathetic.

At least Matt Thomas is better than that clown Matt Jackson.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.