Houston
Sponsored by

driving around a barricade

5,220 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bondag
Post removed:
by user
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I havebetter things to do then spend time looking up statistics over an internet disagreement of opinion. Sorry if that disappointsyou, but can live with it.
bigjag19
AG
I handle insurance claims, albeit for large commercial property.

Single biggest caused of loss that isn't weather? Stupidity. It's covered.
sts7049
AG
exactly. stop covering that and make the idiots open their own wallets.
Bondag
AG
They did a great job getting all the barricades up in my area, but no had removed any of them as of last night. I am sure plenty of people drove through them this morning if still there.
dubi
AG
TXDOT FB post about barricades.

quote:
And THIS is why we ask drivers not to drive around road barricades. Over the weekend, 11 vehicles have forced their way through the barrier on SH 21 near FM 2001 in Hays County and got stuck in the collapsed roadway. You read that correctly, 11. Such action not only puts the lives of drivers and passengers in danger, but also risks the lives of TxDOT maintenance teams and first responders who have to rescue them. Remember, it's illegal to remove barricades blocking low-water crossings. Penalties range from $200-$2,000 and/or two years jail, or you could also get severely injured because you never know what lies in the road ahead.

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
That picture is why I wouldn't think to drive around a barricade. Sure it may have stopped raining, but you don't know what the hell is going on past the barricade.
Bondag
AG
I think #turnarounddontgetstuckintheroad has a chance to catch on.
Diggity
AG
most Houstonians are more like #whatstheworstthatcouldhap......
Bondag
AG
quote:
most Houstonians are more like #holdmybeerandwatchthis
FIFY
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.